Sign in to follow this  
CarlHill

2 years in, not many regional aircraft still

I don't check in here nearly as often as I used to due to life changes, but it is interesting to occasionally catch up.  What are your thoughts on why we still do not have many regional aircraft here two years into this new sim?  No Dash 8, No Saab 340, no CRJ-200, no EMB 145, no Beechcraft-1900?  I find myself still reverting back to X-Plane and P3D just to enjoy the regional aircraft that are missing.  If the CRJ-200 were dead, one certainly wouldn't know it flying out of smaller Southeast airports.

• Like 4

Some are in development supposedly, I believe Majestic announced they are working on the Crash 8.
Out of all the others, I think only one is in development by a major developer, forget which one it was.

They do seem to have completely left us regional flyers out, I love mid-sized jets and turbo props the most.
I just fly the H-Jet, c310, PA44, or the V35 right now mostly.

Occasionally I'll fly the PMDG 737-600 (it's at least a little smaller than a regular 737), or even the A320x.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I'm still waiting on a decent A220 or ERJ 145,175/95

• Like 4

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I'm amazed there's no study level E175.  I'm willing to bet that a PMDG-level -175 would sell better than the PMDG 737s have.  It's become the default "first airliner" for an entire generation of pilots; and the generation most likely to use desktop sims.  I suspect a real payday awaits the first dev to field a good one. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Andrew Crowley

6 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I'm amazed there's no study level E175.  I'm willing to bet that a PMDG-level -175 would sell better than the PMDG 737s have.  It's become the default "first airliner" for an entire generation of pilots; and the generation most likely to use desktop sims.  I suspect a real payday awaits the first dev to field a good one. 

I‘d take that bet. I love the E-Jets, but 99% of all MSFS users will have never heard of Embraer. The 737 on the other side… 

Also: You think pilots are generating the money for study level aircraft? Even here on Avsim real (airliner) pilots are very few. And the first airliner of a young pilot will most probably be an Airbus these days.

Also: There has never been a study level E-Jet (Feelthere got close, but not there). So this would have to be made from scratch and a study level version that takes years to develop would probably not generate enough money by the time it comes out to be worth it. The only study level airliners in MSFS are long established ports (737, CRJ) or the special case Fenix with their ProSim integration.
I‘d rather bet we will never see a study level E-Jet for MSFS, which I‘d - as said - would be really sad about.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The E jets are very definitely the entry level airliner for most new pilots these days. Not my opinion.

I think that real pilots account for *some* of the revenue from high fidelity simulations - it's why I have the 737 but am not interested in other airliners in the sim, gotta have the work airplane though ;).  But I think a much larger portion of revenue comes from wannabe pilots, and they all know that the first airline jet they're likely to sit up front in is an E-175.

So yes, I think this would be an enormous moneymaker; well, relative to anything else in flight sim anyway. 

Andrew Crowley

32 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

They do seem to have completely left us regional flyers out, I love mid-sized jets and turbo props the most.
I just fly the H-Jet, c310, PA44, or the V35 right now mostly.

That is just where I am at, throwing the Flysimware Cessna 414 and SWS Kodiak into the mix in place of the V35 and PA44.  I am currently on a USA east coast to west coast and back swing in the Hjet and it is an absolute pleasure.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

asobo and hartmann are making an Atr if I am correct. but it's rather quit about this 

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

The new King Air is a very good my payware of the year. 

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Regional jets are not that desirable with the more casual flight simmer. A lot of the popularity of the Aerosoft CRJ was that it was the first real 'study level' airliner to be released for MSFS. If it were released now, I don't think it would have made anywhere near the number of sales it has.

The big name classics like the 737, 747, 777, A320, A380 have far wider appeal.

Secondly, MSFS has incorporated the FSX issues that still are not properly fixed when it comes to turboprop engine logic. Developers of turboprop airliners have to create their own engine modelling, which means extra work and more time to develop.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Synaptic simulatios are working on the a 220 as freeware,to be released in the flybywire installer, and

Ouroboros jets are working on the E175/195,also to be freeware.

I am happily flying the new KingAir 350 mod and the BAe 146. A larger turboprop would be nice, but until the Dash-8 or the ATR-42 are released, those will keep me very much entertained in the regional flight segment.

The question in the original thread harkens back to the question we asked about Corporate Jets.  The only long-range corporate jets offered for MSFS since its release is the PMDG BBJ and the Longitude.  Enough already with the short-range jets we need some options with longer legs.  Totally agree with the topic of this thread and as always, some developers are wondering why their products aren't selling.  Do market research and give the people what they want, then you'll make a killing profit wise.:ph34r:

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

I am happily flying the new KingAir 350 mod and the BAe 146...

I like the looks of the BAE 146, but cannot justify the cost right now. Waiting for a sale.

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

11 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I like the looks of the BAE 146, but cannot justify the cost right now. Waiting for a sale.

The BAE 146 is great if you live in that part of the world where it's still flying (I know some could care less hence the success of the MD80).  For instance, haven't seen these birds in my neighborhood since well before Northwest merged with Delta.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2