Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Runway's there, but no airport

Why do game studios put limits on this stuff? If my $4k PC can run it, let me friggen run it...

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

13 hours ago, Gnacino said:

Always both GSX and FSLTL 

This is not what you want to read, but at this time, regardless of your PC specifications, it is highly unlikely that you can run both software (GSX and FSLTL) and have no problem when you use major airports.

I tried about everything, using default jetways, removing airport services at both departure and destination airports, reduce the level of traffic, stop GSX and AI traffic after take-off, but no joy so far. My destination airports would not be there if my departure airport is a large one (like EGLL, LFPG, LSZH. EDDF, etc...). So, to conclude, I unlinked GSX and can now fly with AI with no more trouble at my destinations.

Interestingly, I wonder why AIG went into ground services as well (with their future new release) when they are aware of this new limitations, this will create even more problems!

Until MSFS miraculously decides to remove this limitation introduced (coincidence?!) a few weeks after GSX launch. Surely the best way to kill it! 

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

yes, I have the same problems. It started previous week. I flew from EHAM to EDDB and in Berlin the scenery was missing. Next day on the way back both airports were present. Next flight from EHAM to LIML. LIML was missing and the fps drop was obvious. Next day flight back to EHAM was ok for both airports.  Next flight EHAM-EDDF, Franfurt had the issue... Fight EDDF-EDDM, EDDF-LOWW, no issues...

And yes, as it was said above , during boarding there were no pax in every problematical cases. So, I may assume, if the GSX did not start up correctly, it is better to reload the fligh.

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

1 hour ago, darshonaut said:

I run FSLTL with very moderate settings and no GSX and never had this happen.

Yeah, it seems that you can run one or the other, but not both.

3 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

I unlinked GSX

Means "unlink" to disable it in Addons Linker?

Do you need to unlink, or is it enough to just not use it?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16 hours ago, Gnacino said:

I get what your saying but what is the point of having all that eye candy if you can't use it.  I'll give it a try though.

Gnacino

Don't shoot the messenger. I am not happy with it either and just provided you with a temporary solution, you're welcome. 🙂

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, JayViation said:

Yeah, it seems that you can run one or the other, but not both.

That's not what he said. He said you can run both at the same time, provided you keep your FSLTL settings reasonable.

2 hours ago, guenseli said:

Means "unlink" to disable it

In the FSDT Addon Manager, click on Uninstall GSX, you will be offered the option to only Unlink or Uninstall, select Unlink and GSX will be inactive.

Unfortunately, until this MSFS limitation is removed or raised, it is - for me - impossible to run both and be assured that my destination airport will be there. I did reduce my AI traffic (AIG or FSLTL) but that works only if my departure airport is a small one (hence few objects), any larger airport as indicated in my previous post, even with reduced traffic, will generate a phantom destination. 

So the choice is yours, either: 

1. depart from small airports,
  2. remove AI traffic,
  3. disable GSX.

To play with the AI density may work, but it is not guaranteed, as we are shooting in the dark, having no clue as to what the number of objects should be and actually is, so you may be lucky once and unlucky the next time. Not the fault of GSX, or AIG, or FSLTL, but a referee (MSFS) invented a new rule without informing anyone or offering a way out of this situation. Really frustrating!

• Upvote 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

28 minutes ago, JayViation said:

@MDFlier I used your photo from this topic in the bug report because it was quickly available. If this is a problem, please let me know.

No problem at all.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440