Sign in to follow this  
mSparks

Austin in a (real) Piper Cub

ROFL, that's some Funny Stuff right there, I don't care who you are...

🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣

• Like 3

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Taildraggers have long been in need of attention from Austin.

I have used a few taildraggers that more or less I can say pleased me, but while it's good to recognize the typical "complexities" of dealing with this type of aircraft, specially those with a free / catoring tailwheel, are depicted in X-Plane, in most of the taldraggers I used in XP11 and now XP12 too the response / ground physics feel weird...

I don't know exactly what is the reason. Could be due to various factors, wheel physics, moment calculations, flight dynamics,

I have found a few taildraggers that behaved differently, so I opened their "acf" files in Plane Maker and found "tricks" like hidden skids and the like 😕   While this may get the aircraft behaviour more like it works IRL, it's not my preferred type of solution...

Maybe this last video also means Austin is going to fine tune ground physics and in particular tailwheel aircraft 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Brilliant !

As ever,  loving these lectures from Austin.

A real simulator for real pilots with bags of character.

• Upvote 4

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Ha ha, this is brilliant :-), Austin should take up making sitcoms.

This is the sort of marketing they should have been doing during XP11, fun, interesting and very well made

• Like 1

made me laugh, I didn't think he would fit into it...

Wayne

i5 9600k OC @ 4.6,LIQUID COOLED, INNO3D RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 32GB RAM, 2 X 4TB HDD (MSFS & STEAM), 1 X 2TB M.2 SSD (XP12) TOMAHAWK MAG Z390 MOTHERBOARD, M.2 for OS WIN11, X52 PRO, TCA THRUSTMASTER AIRBUS CAPTAINS EDITION, TRACK-IR.    XP12    MSFS2020.