Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

New Fenix update out

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Hope this isn't a new bug. . 

Not a new bug, had this at the weekend.

Had the full range of errors: 'Descent too steep' displayed, AP disconnect and failing to re-engage, plus AT go into full (but not TOGA) thrust at ~700 feet A.G.L.

Assumed it was because my departure and arrival airport was the same, but on different runways and without full SID and STAR. 🤷‍♂️

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

In addition to the brakes overheating issue that I posted above, I too am having the 'Descent Too Steep' issue as well. I love the Fenix A320, but I just wish I could fly it lately without these issues. It seemed to fly much better in the beginning, but I know they have been working on it making it better. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

4 hours ago, sniper31 said:

In addition to the brakes overheating issue that I posted above, I too am having the 'Descent Too Steep' issue as well. I love the Fenix A320, but I just wish I could fly it lately without these issues. It seemed to fly much better in the beginning, but I know they have been working on it making it better. 

That is not an issue, simply mean that two waypoint of your flight plan are too distanced vertically but not enough horizontally, the plane is telling you that the rate of decent wont be enough to join those two waypoint at the correct altitude.

When you see it, simply check altitude in your flight plan, you can also initiate a holding patern if that’s possible, also dont start decent too late and follow the TOD. Energy management is really important in aviation and of corse the flight computer are aware of what is possible and what is not

3 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

Energy management is really important in aviation and of corse the flight computer are aware of what is possible and what is not

fully aware of this but I have to say that I see this TOO STEEP message recently also in every second flight or so and I still use as before only Simbrief plans which I import and for the previous weeks if not months Simbrief always provided a perfectly plan without any of these TOO STEEP messages

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Ok, haven't done any flight with the last release, since I can only fly on the weekend. I hope that this bug is not too frequent because I have big plan for  the Fenix this weekend

10 hours ago, bendead said:

I am not on any Beta, but since the update I am experiencing massive speed issue during climb, it will go over 280 under 10k and sometime really struggle.

Were the PID changed?

I already noticed that before the latest update.

When flying manually on climbout and reducing the rate of climb the autothrust is not reducing thrust to maintain the target speed, it stays at full climb thrust and keeps accelerating.

It works fine with autopilot on though.

About the TOO STEEP message: I had it several times in previous build, until I realised it was linked to Time Accel X2. As soon as time accel was off, message disappeared.

• Like 1

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Fourth flight tonight was a disaster, started flying the approach, and around 6000 feet agl, AP kicked of and nothing I tried could get it to turn on again. I have had this happen once or twice before, but I could always get AP to to turn back on by turning off AT first. Not this time, nothing would get it to turn on. Hope this isn't a new bug. . 

8 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Not a new bug, had this at the weekend.

Had the full range of errors: 'Descent too steep' displayed, AP disconnect and failing to re-engage, plus AT go into full (but not TOGA) thrust at ~700 feet A.G.L.

Assumed it was because my departure and arrival airport was the same, but on different runways and without full SID and STAR. 🤷‍♂️

PATH TOO STEEP is just a message. It does not have operational ramifications, so you can just ignore it.

As for AP disconnects, there's nothing we have done to change any logic there other than change the amount of travel needed for a Disconnect and made it larger. We usually find in 99% of the cases that the AP disconnects in MSFS are caused by significant wind shifts, dumping the airplane into (or lower than) VLS - or an errant control binding that will cause/hold an input. There are also Airbus "gotchas" where in several cases the aircraft will NOT engage the autopilot. For example, it will not engage the autopilot if there is a control input currently active. i.e you cannot hold the stick left and engage the AP at the same time. You also cannot engage the autopilot whilst below VLS. If below VLS, funnily enough, your airplane will also enter TOGA LK, slamming in thrust. 

So, if you hit one of the numpad buttons to change view for example, MSFS also has that bound to trim or elevator, can't remember which. This will put an input in that will disconnect the AP. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

37 minutes ago, Aamir said:

PATH TOO STEEP is just a message. It does not have operational ramifications, so you can just ignore it.

As for AP disconnects, there's nothing we have done to change any logic there other than change the amount of travel needed for a Disconnect and made it larger. We usually find in 99% of the cases that the AP disconnects in MSFS are caused by significant wind shifts, dumping the airplane into (or lower than) VLS - or an errant control binding that will cause/hold an input. There are also Airbus "gotchas" where in several cases the aircraft will NOT engage the autopilot. For example, it will not engage the autopilot if there is a control input currently active. i.e you cannot hold the stick left and engage the AP at the same time. You also cannot engage the autopilot whilst below VLS. If below VLS, funnily enough, your airplane will also enter TOGA LK, slamming in thrust. 

So, if you hit one of the numpad buttons to change view for example, MSFS also has that bound to trim or elevator, can't remember which. This will put an input in that will disconnect the AP. 

Good to know about the path message, thanks.
The causes of the other issues would make sense, but I genuinely don't think slow speed, accidental keystroke, duplicate key bindings nor simultaneous control input were the reasons here.

I didn't get TOGA LK, just a ramp-up of thrust, even though I was at Vapp and above the amber strip on the PFD airspeed scale. Recovered AT by closing throttles, returning into climb detent and pushing AT engage button.

The AP disconnect and failure to reconnect was weird. Key bindings have never been a problem and I don't have a noisy joystick as it's a year old, using hall sensors rather than pots. Who knows? Maybe it was me trying to re-engage AP too quickly after putting in a control input.

I'll try and record what conditions the aeroplane was facing if these problems ever occur again. I haven't had any of these issues before and they all happened in a short space of time on approach. So for now, I'm going to put it down to trying to perform a non-normal circuit (or an unfortunately-timed cosmic ray! 👽).

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

I'll try and record what conditions the aeroplane was facing if these problems ever occur again. I haven't had any of these issues before and they all happened in a short space of time on approach. So for now, I'm going to put it down to trying to perform a non-normal circuit (or an unfortunately-timed cosmic ray! 👽).

Interesting! Yeah, do let me know if it happens again and ideally a video would be great to assess what's going on. 

Aamir Thacker

5 hours ago, cyril972 said:

That is not an issue, simply mean that two waypoint of your flight plan are too distanced vertically but not enough horizontally, the plane is telling you that the rate of decent wont be enough to join those two waypoint at the correct altitude.

When you see it, simply check altitude in your flight plan, you can also initiate a holding patern if that’s possible, also dont start decent too late and follow the TOD. Energy management is really important in aviation and of corse the flight computer are aware of what is possible and what is not

That is not what is causing this. I had 10,000 feet to lose with 140 miles to lose it, and Path to Steep could not be eliminated. There is something wrong with the A 320 now, and Fenix says they already know what the problem is and a fix is in the works. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just made another landing into KSKA, post hotfix..   123 FPM.......  🙂

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just made another landing into KSKA, post hotfix..   123 FPM.......  🙂

Which hotfix, Bob? I didn't see one available after v1.0.5.139 update.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)