Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

New Fenix update out

1 hour ago, hvw said:

Which hotfix, Bob? I didn't see one available after v1.0.5.139 update.

The last one that was released 2 days ago. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

35 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The last one that was released 2 days ago. 

<scratching head> I only got the update to version 1.0.5.139, no hotfix. Perhaps this hotfix was included in the update as I downloaded that update quite some time after it was released.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

@Aamir I can accept the 'Too Steep Message' as I understand it is just a message. My flight plans are also compiled by Simbrief, and I stick to the proper descent procedures, so they only reason I brought this up was because I saw some other users that were having the same issue.

That said, do you have any info on the overheating brake issue that I have experienced on every flight since the latest Fenix A320 update when using GSX? I read all the release notes from the update, and I saw where this brake issue was supposed to have been addressed, but I am getting it on every flight now with the Fenix A320, right after pushback is complete. It then takes over 15 minutes for them to cool down enough for the warning to go away and allow a takeoff without the warning sounds. I do NOT use any time compression, ever, and I do not slew my aircraft around or use the GSX editor. I simply load aircrew, passengers and baggage through GSX, do all my preflight for the A320, request pushback, and then I get the brakes overheat warning. 

Any insiight into this issue would be appreciated, and I appreciate all teh work you and your team have done so far on this enjoyable sim aircraft.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

38 minutes ago, hvw said:

<scratching head> I only got the update to version 1.0.5.139, no hotfix. Perhaps this hotfix was included in the update as I downloaded that update quite some time after it was released.

There is no hotfix. The latest version is 1.0.5.139. 

1 minute ago, sniper31 said:

@Aamir I can accept the 'Too Steep Message' as I understand it is just a message. My flight plans are also compiled by Simbrief, and I stick to the proper descent procedures, so they only reason I brought this up was because I saw some other users that were having the same issue.

That said, do you have any info on the overheating brake issue that I have experienced on every flight since the latest Fenix A320 update when using GSX? I read all the release notes from the update, and I saw where this brake issue was supposed to have been addressed, but I am getting it on every flight now with the Fenix A320, right after pushback is complete. It then takes over 15 minutes for them to cool down enough for the warning to go away and allow a takeoff without the warning sounds. I do NOT use any time compression, ever, and I do not slew my aircraft around or use the GSX editor. I simply load aircrew, passengers and baggage through GSX, do all my preflight for the A320, request pushback, and then I get the brakes overheat warning. 

Any insiight into this issue would be appreciated, and I appreciate all teh work you and your team have done so far on this enjoyable sim aircraft.

Umberto was in this thread earlier giving us some more explanation on this, so we will amend it once again. We have disabled the brake temperature simulation when we're told pushback is occuring, but there seem to be exceptions to that case where other variables are triggered to 1 and we need to disable the brake temperature modelling also. We will add this. 

For now, instead of waiting 15 minutes for the overheated brakes - head into MCDU MENU > MAINT > FAILURES, hit the CLR button on your MCDU and select the line with Brake Temperatures.

It will clear the high brake temps instantly. 

• Like 3

Aamir Thacker

5 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

Sounds like a GSX issue. I don't use GSX, just have FS 2 CREW pushback app, and have never seen hot brakes, unless I really stomp on the brakes because I overshot he touchdown point. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, Aamir said:

There is no hotfix. The latest version is 1.0.5.139.

Thank you, Aamir.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

9 minutes ago, Aamir said:

For now, instead of waiting 15 minutes for the overheated brakes - head into MCDU MENU > MAINT > FAILURES, hit the CLR button on your MCDU and select the line with Brake Temperatures.

It will clear the high brake temps instantly. 

Okay Aamir, I can do that. Appreciate the answer and clarification 🙂 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

1 minute ago, sniper31 said:

Okay Aamir, I can do that. Appreciate the answer and clarification 🙂 

Not a problem, sorry for the inconvenience!

• Like 1

Aamir Thacker

19 hours ago, sniper31 said:

@sniper31 I'm experiencing the same problem that you describe, GSX pushback is causing hot brakes after the latest update.

• Upvote 1

Same problem with hot brake and I can’t clear the problem 

need to maintain gear down time to descend temperature after TO

Frédéric Giraud

20 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Sounds like a GSX issue. I don't use GSX, just have FS 2 CREW pushback app, and have never seen hot brakes, unless I really stomp on the brakes because I overshot he touchdown point. 

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27800.msg182032.html#msg182032

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I do not have GSX and there is definitely some sort of spurious interaction (using Fenix Pushback).  Push normally, start #2. Stop push and set brakes.  When starting #1 the a/c moves backward requiring another press of the STOP button to cease movement.  Repeatable.

HTH- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Am i the only one that thinks it hasn't gotten brighter after the update?  Is there something that needs to be turned on?  To me it looks the same.  Everything else is good though!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

On 10/27/2022 at 2:15 AM, RALF9636 said:

I already noticed that before the latest update.

When flying manually on climbout and reducing the rate of climb the autothrust is not reducing thrust to maintain the target speed, it stays at full climb thrust and keeps accelerating.

It works fine with autopilot on though.

You need to describe what exactly happened. It's your job to pitch for speed when flying manually. Were you leveling off? 

Tony Fontaine

Hmmm can't seem to engage the autopilot after take off with this patch.  Hands off all controls but pressing the autopilot does nothing.  Haven't had this issue before.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU