Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FSHUD vs PRO ATC SR, which is the better offline ATC addon?

14 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

There's no clear winner... probably the one with the least issues is Pilot2ATC.

I am leaning towards this more and more. Especially with the atc chatter add-on.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I still like PF3. Easy to use, works for VFR and IFR, and doesn't micromanage your flight on a Sid or Star. Well over 100 controller voices come standard, instead of just a couple. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 10/25/2022 at 8:26 PM, captain420 said:

I'm looking to fly with offline ATC but not sure which out of those 2 offer the more realistic and complete package? I fly mostly tubeliners like the Fenix A320, PMDG 737, etc. with FSLTL AI traffic and might be purchasing GSX PRO later down the line. Would love to have a full fledged offline ATC addon that will seamlessly integrate and play well with those addons.

From these two (but also compared to any other ATC addon) FSHud is the ONLY one that actually interacts and controls traffic, including FSLTL traffic. So if you want that, FSHud is the way to go. It has GREAT support (where ProATC has crappy support) and it's updated frequently and often. Setting it up is extremely easy and so is using it. However... it's not complete yet! But I am sure that in time it will be complete and probably the best ATC addon there is.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/26/2022 at 4:51 PM, Bobsk8 said:

I still like PF3. Easy to use, works for VFR and IFR, and doesn't micromanage your flight on a Sid or Star. Well over 100 controller voices come standard, instead of just a couple. 

I could not resist and also bought PF3 (Now I have all the ATC software)

Also agree now with you, I really like it! Especially now with FSLTL it is great also!
Like the many voices, and vectoring is great.

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 9:36 AM, RobJC said:

I am leaning towards this more and more. Especially with the atc chatter add-on.

I got Pilot2ATC this past weekend. So far I really like it. The voices arnt to bad and I even was able to get more voices by installing language packs thru Microsoft.

• Like 1

I think the same like JasonPC, I am very disappointed with Pro ATC SR...

The main causes are:

- The speech recognition is so bad, that one has to repeat the readback sentence at least 2 - 3 times, sometimes there is no speech recognition at all...

- There are no intersection takeoffs, also the taxi routing is not precise and has faults

- For me the main reason: the ATC procedures are not real life, e.g.:

1. in the initial contact you always speak the name of the station to be called, then your callsign and then other words

2. there are airports like EDDS where you are not handled over to Radar after takeoff but you contact Radar by yourself after passing e.g. 2000 ft

3. the frequencies are sometimes wrong, e.g. Langen Radar is 125.050 and not 123.55, I have the actual Navigraph AIRAC installed...

4. sometimes silly routing, e.g. following a SID on the correct heading 063° and the controller says turn left heading 255°...

I have tried Pro ATC SR now several times, but I have really enough of it...Very sad, because they promise a lot on their homepage. The background chatter is really cool, like in real life, but correct IFR communications are not possible.

Finally, I cannot recommend anyone buying PRO ATC SR as long as these faults are so extreme...

Perhaps I will try Pilot2ATC or FS Hud...

48 minutes ago, drpernar said:

I think the same like JasonPC, I am very disappointed with Pro ATC SR...

The main causes are:

- The speech recognition is so bad, that one has to repeat the readback sentence at least 2 - 3 times, sometimes there is no speech recognition at all...

- There are no intersection takeoffs, also the taxi routing is not precise and has faults

- For me the main reason: the ATC procedures are not real life, e.g.:

1. in the initial contact you always speak the name of the station to be called, then your callsign and then other words

2. there are airports like EDDS where you are not handled over to Radar after takeoff but you contact Radar by yourself after passing e.g. 2000 ft

3. the frequencies are sometimes wrong, e.g. Langen Radar is 125.050 and not 123.55, I have the actual Navigraph AIRAC installed...

4. sometimes silly routing, e.g. following a SID on the correct heading 063° and the controller says turn left heading 255°...

I have tried Pro ATC SR now several times, but I have really enough of it...Very sad, because they promise a lot on their homepage. The background chatter is really cool, like in real life, but correct IFR communications are not possible.

Finally, I cannot recommend anyone buying PRO ATC SR as long as these faults are so extreme...

Perhaps I will try Pilot2ATC or FS Hud...

Thanks for saving me the trouble of trying out Pro-ATC /SR. I can tell you that Pilot2ATC suffers none of those issues. My first actual flight was insanely immersive. They didn't talk to me too much, either. The chatter is great. Get that. I have spent nothing except Navigraph to make sure the data all syncs up. Highly recommend Pilot2ATC. Speech recognition worked every time, even when I did not use perfect phraseology. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Thank you RobJC for your tip, I will then try Pilot2ATC. I have read a lot of positive statements before, but unfortunately I have decided to buy Pro ATC SR, as I thought a new software will be good for sure...my fault.

Greetings from Robert!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, drpernar said:

Thank you RobJC for your tip, I will then try Pilot2ATC. I have read a lot of positive statements before, but unfortunately I have decided to buy Pro ATC SR, as I thought a new software will be good for sure...my fault.

Greetings from Robert!

I think you are going to really like Pilot2ATC. I just did a flight from KDEN to KTEX (Telluride) and visibility was pretty bad. The ATC guided me all the way in and the immersion was off the charts good. I can see why people like this add-on. It takes some time to setup, but nothing crazy. I did it! The ATC Chatter add-on for it just adds so much to the overall feel, too.   

1. I also ran MakeRunways (google it)
2. I added the ATC Chatter
3. I added free Windows voices
4. I bought Navigraph

I am still on the trial for P2A but I am getting it. This solution just works. 

• Like 1

I am using FSHUD especially for the real control and interaction with the IA traffic. But Pilot2ATC is more mature and the voice to speak is absolutely fantastic. The combination of both should be the perfection.

• Like 1