Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FSHUD vs PRO ATC SR, which is the better offline ATC addon?

I'm looking to fly with offline ATC but not sure which out of those 2 offer the more realistic and complete package? I fly mostly tubeliners like the Fenix A320, PMDG 737, etc. with FSLTL AI traffic and might be purchasing GSX PRO later down the line. Would love to have a full fledged offline ATC addon that will seamlessly integrate and play well with those addons.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I will say this, FSHUD had some serious performance impact since the latest changes, but it could have been some settings requiring adjusting. In my last run of Pro ATC, I departed and was never switched over to departure from tower. I even tried switching myself and I could never check in anywhere. They should give you the ability to refile inflight when something like that happens. It had worked in the past, but not sure why it gave up. These third party systems routinely drives me back to MSFS ATC. At least it will always give me vectors, but makes me fly the full procedure lol. I can't complain about that since it's great practice doing a turn in holding or a procedure turn to establish the approach.

This has been done to death. They all have pro’s and cons. However I just stick to pilot2atc 

• Like 2

FsHud is definitely the future! The developpers listen actively to the community and is improved every week with new updates and generates its own traffic. Now with Fsltl traffic integration 

This is something Pro Atc completely lacks, the same old outdated interface as in previous simulators with all off the same old problems. I can’t even change my audio input in the software. If I do it in windows all my background chatter disappears?

I send a support ticket but NEVER! get a answer! 

I already paid for that one but never again!

Edited by rob0203

It sounds like FSHud has performance issues at the moment. Leaning towards Pro ATC SR but none of these tools seem to be rock solid. They all have some issues.  

i9 10850K@4.7 GHz Water-cooled | 32GB 3200 RAM | RTX 3080 | 1TB M.2 SSD | 1440p LG 27GL850 G-Sync | Win11 x64 Home

24 minutes ago, RobJC said:

It sounds like FSHud has performance issues at the moment. Leaning towards Pro ATC SR but none of these tools seem to be rock solid. They all have some issues.  

I have no performance issues with FsHud

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

I have no performance issues with FsHud

Does it still have jerkey and stuttery AI traffic though? That was always a show stopper for me

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

7 hours ago, G550flyer said:

I will say this, FSHUD had some serious performance impact since the latest changes, but it could have been some settings requiring adjusting. In my last run of Pro ATC, I departed and was never switched over to departure from tower. I even tried switching myself and I could never check in anywhere. They should give you the ability to refile inflight when something like that happens. It had worked in the past, but not sure why it gave up. These third party systems routinely drives me back to MSFS ATC. At least it will always give me vectors, but makes me fly the full procedure lol. I can't complain about that since it's great practice doing a turn in holding or a procedure turn to establish the approach.

Pro-ATC uses the numerals 1,2 and 3 as shortcuts for calls and replies to ATC, which trigger frequency changes.  So does the MSFS ATC.  This means by default, they are both trying to tune ATC frequencies simultaneously.

You need to create a specific "Pro ATC" keyboard control profile in MSFS and delete the those 3 MSFS ATC keyboard bindings from it.  This will let ProATC tune the frequencies it wants.

Making a separate ProATC keyboard profile means you can easily switch back and forth between ProATC and the default  MSFS keyboard bindings when you want by just switching profiles when for example, you want to do some GA flying without ProATC..  

ngxu_banner.png

Not sure if it's a significant factor but FSHud now integrates with the FSLTL Traffic Injector so ATC will control those aircraft.

I can't say for myself how well it works though - SU11 dropped at the same time I discovered this so I haven't had a chance to properly test it

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, rob0203 said:

FsHud is definitely the future! The developpers listen actively to the community and is improved every week with new updates and generates its own traffic. Now with Fsltl traffic integration 

This is something Pro Atc completely lacks, the same old outdated interface as in previous simulators with all off the same old problems. I can’t even change my audio input in the software. If I do it in windows all my background chatter disappears?

I send a support ticket but NEVER! get a answer! 

I already paid for that one but never again!

I managed to get a PayPal refund, I suggest  to try

Edited by Alfrez

& you all enjoy the scenery ..... without the "sanity" of it all

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, Alfrez said:

FsHud is definitely the future!

Depends!
If FSHud does not find a solution to implement real live traffic, it is not the future for me!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------