Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

iFly 747 - can anyone advise??

I have spent so, SO many hours working on iFly 747 procedures, FMC and so on - and have managed (at last!) to get the LNAV and VNAV to work so that I can follow a flight plan.But all this seems in vain, because apart from the two default flight plans which came with the aircraft, I have no idea how to create any more; the manual is mute on this point as far as I can see. I can input the two supplied plans OK and fly them, but if that's the end of the possibilities, I might as well ditch the aircraft! (Can't justify more expenditure on PMDG's 747s at the moment, either, sadly). I can't see any way of transferring a plan from FS9 or FSNavigator into the .fltplan format used in the iFly 747. Opening up the plan in Notepad shows how complicated the iFly plan is - no way can I write one manually.Has anyone found a way to create new or (even better) export existing flight plans in the required format for iFly's 747, in the way that is so easy for PMDG aircraft for instance (with the FSNav export .dll file installed - no equivalent for iFly as far as I can see)?I am not optimistic, as I seem to have exhausted searches in Google, but thanks for any help even so!Martin

I can find no way to import plans into fltplan format, but the FMC does write and save plans that can be followed in the iFly 747 ....M.

Guest Stanner1953

I use FSBuild to create flight plans which can be then exported to Ifly. I am not sure, but I think you can also use Flight Sim Commander or FSNavigator.Stanner

Can't see any way to export from FS Nav - I wish there were as I have hundreds of flight plans in that format. The only way (slow but sure) is to create new flight plans using the iFly FMC.M.

I know it has been a long time since you posted, but there is a utility currently in the Avsim file library to convert flightplans built in FSNav to a format acceptable to iFly. The file is convertpln.zipCheers ...... Wayne

Guest SkullxBones

There is a guy on Youtube that makes some good videos if you want to program the FMC with your own flight plans. The lessons are in 9 parts. He has other videos lessons on SID/STARS which are pretty good also.

Jeff

FS Commander exports to I-Fly, Level-D and PMDG.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hi Martin:I think that you simply have to cost average the time you spent trying to get the iFLY 747 to work against what you think your free time is worth. The PMDG (while expensive and charged in Euro) is your alternative. ORIf you have indeed got the iFLY aircraft working then purchase FSBUILD, it has an explicit export to iFLY option which would have you up and running in no time.FSBUILD is, of course, your cheaper option, but what price would you put on your free time and would you rather spend that free time troubleshooting or flying? :-)Regards,Mike T.

MartinI find it is very little trouble creating a flight plan for the iFly. Aside from using the Convert Utility that Wayne mentioned, you can easily do your own using the FMC/CDU.I created a flight plan in the FS (FS9 or FSX). Select IFR and VOR to VOR. Then print the Navigation Log.In the CDU Route enter the VOR points along the right side of the CDU. You don't need to enter all the VORs if you don't want to.When done ACTIVATE the Route and EXEC it.Then go to Menu and SIMU and selct SAVE to save the flight planIt takes me at the most 10 minutes to do the whole thing. One more tip: once you have a whole bunch of flight plans in iFly's folder create a shortcut to access that folder. That way you can see what flight plans you have for the iFly.Enjoy....