Sign in to follow this  

New to forum

Hi I'm new here but have been flying flight sims forever it seems. I just dusted off my joystick and started flying FSX again after not touching it for months.I was wondering if there any good seaplane models available for FSX either free or for purchase.I've seen a Short S.45 Solent 4 for FS2004 but don't know if it'll work or how it looks in FSX.Thanks,Doug

Some that I have tried:Boeing 314 Clipper ( nice model, full cockpit not functional, no VC )Convair SeaDart ( nice model, old gauge package )Fairchild F-91 ( nice model, non functional cockpit and VC )Grumman Albatross ( nice model, semi functional cockpit and VC) Short Sandringham ( nice model, nice cockpit and VC )Short Empire ( nice model, nice cockpit and VC )Short Solent 3 and 4 ( nice model, nice cockpit and VC )Martin P6M2 Seamaster ( updated for FSX w/nice model, cockpit-no VC )P2Y ( nice model, cockpit not functional )PBY Catalina ( nice model full cockpit mostly functional, no VC )Technam Sierra Amphibian ( nice model, fully functional cockpit+VC )these were all freeware at various sites. for instance the P6M2 is at SimViation.this may be my first "flier" post and not to address someones complaints or technical questions, yeah!

Guest sledge57

Thanks I'll look for some of them.As an aside, while looking for seaplane and flying boat pics I came across a Wiki on the subject, very cool for those who like to get wet when they fly.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flyin...s_and_seaplanesAlso is anyone else amazed that Caproni was able to get anyone to test his planes?Caproni Ca60:CaproniCa.60.jpg

Nice link, thanks for that.My attraction to "seaps" springs from my father flying them for the US Navy. He flew the last P5M tail number ever produced. So I grew up around these, hence me having 11 downloaded "seaps" in my hangar.

Hey - Phil! Welcome to the Avsim SimWorld! - If you need to know anything - this is the place to come to!:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest bertvankampen

>Some that I have tried:>>Boeing 314 Clipper ( nice model, full cockpit not functional,>no VC )>Convair SeaDart ( nice model, old gauge package )>Fairchild F-91 ( nice model, non functional cockpit and VC )>Grumman Albatross ( nice model, semi functional cockpit and>VC) >Short Sandringham ( nice model, nice cockpit and VC )>Short Empire ( nice model, nice cockpit and VC )>Short Solent 3 and 4 ( nice model, nice cockpit and VC )>Martin P6M2 Seamaster ( updated for FSX w/nice model,>cockpit-no VC )>P2Y ( nice model, cockpit not functional )>PBY Catalina ( nice model full cockpit mostly functional, no>VC )>Technam Sierra Amphibian ( nice model, fully functional>cockpit+VC )>>these were all freeware at various sites. for instance the>P6M2 is at SimViation.>>this may be my first "flier" post and not to address someones>complaints or technical questions, yeah!Thanks Phil for the nice list!BTW my FSX (with the Weird aircraft remember!) is working normal again after very hard work in re-installing it sveral times.I never found out what causes the troubles, but i am very happy to fly again....and who knows one of these days a weird aircraft returns again!RegardsBert

>this may be my first "flier" post and not to address someones>complaints or technical questions, yeah!And even now you can't stop being helpfull! ;)It must be great being able to play FS during worktime without getting fired...! :( Lucky you! Or do you even play it for fun at home? ;) (BTW People often forget that the people who make the software are also often users themselves: so things that go wrong for 'us' also go wrong for 'them'... must be quite frustrating sometimes, I think...)