Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agrajag

Flashing ground/sky in haze. Any fixes?

Guest Agrajag

Okay,I've just starting running FSX and have one major annoyance that I can't just ignore. I fly on VATSIM and like the semi-real weather that is provided. The last few nights the weather has including thermal layers of haze. Once I get into them, every 10 seconds or so, the outside view, and ONLY the outside view, will flash a reverse video-like frame for a second or so.Once I clear the layer it stops. Changing the weather isn't really a VATSIM kind of thing to do as the controllers are working from the knowledge of the impact of the weather.What causes this flashing? This must be a bug.I'm running an EVGA 8800 GTS with current drivers (the last revision did this too). I saw a related post on this in December where people thought it was just ATI cards. It's not obviously.I've tried changing AA and AF levels to no avail. Might another change fix this?

Guest Agrajag

Absolutely, on a clean install of FSX.I have no add-ons for FSX. I've just installed a couple of planes so far. That's it.

I too have flashing / weird shape video (outside the cockpit) "Only" after installing SP1 in FSX on a clean install of both with no add-on programs. When I remove the SP1, the flashing goes away. I have a real old ATI 9800 Pro 128Mb video card and use the Omega drivers.Terry