Sign in to follow this  
frankla

FSX Expansion Pack : Acceleration

Guest Redvan

lol. You're not gonna shoot anything down in FS... stick to F4 for that... sure better avionics in FS would be nice... but wow, you're making a bid deal about nothin... I'm sure someone will come up with better avionics for it anywho soon if people really want it...plus, why are you flying AF if you want the best of F4? Why not OF?

"plus, why are you flying AF if you want the best of F4? Why not OF?"In one word Stability. I've run OF it simply isn't as stable for me as AF. But this is the FSX forum. The inclusion of the F-18 in the expansion pack has to make you wonder. To me one of two things is going to happen. Radar has been added which makes you wonder how much more of a system hit that will add? Or it hasn't been added again a plane with missing avionics. I wonder what impact adding radar to FSX would have since every building would have to show on A2G. Remember the problems with the 'Bubble" in F4 and objects popping up. Seams like it could raise #### with multi player as well. The post above that questions the direction of where FS is going is spot on. "As real as it gets" or Xbox? One of the advantages of aircraft like the LDS-767 is it's ability to autoland like the real thing. Not to mention it's working FMC. You would think with payware addons like the LDS-767, Active sky, FScrew and all the terrain improvements, it goes against the current to put out a addon with reduced reality. It's not about "blowing stuff up" a good F-18 would be like flying if the weapons weren't loaded. But if half the avionics aren't there it's not very real is it.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Guest cbuchner1

It's called "Milking the franchize". By adding more arcade elements to the sim, they keep the impulse buyers more happy.I wonder though why the current pre-marketing campaign (trailers, etc...) focuses so much on the racing aspects of the sim. I am actually way more interested in the hoisting aspects of the choppers. I hope they accurately model the physics of a bouncing weight under your chopper. That could create some really hairy flying situations, especiall with WIND.Christian

Guest Redvan

I really dont see why people have a problem with adding new elements... sure, more work can be done to increase realism, but that should be added in free service packs, not addons.It's not really arcade imo, people race in rl, why not in the sim? If it were arcade, it'd be point and click, like Over G Fighters. Racing in FSX is still simulation, it's just not simulating hauling cargo or people from point A to point B.Calling Acceleration a thing of arcade is like calling Falcon 4.0 an arcade type game because rather than just fly the F-16, you shoot things. Yeah, it's an arcade "element" as people say, but for some reason, people think that's a bad thing...

How does adding "arcade" features take away from your ability to enjoy pure free flight? If your favorite food from menu is not taken away, what do you care if there are additional items on that menu? If the arcade allows for more people to buy FSX, then there is more of chance that the FS franchise will continue. Everyone would be a winner!

>?? ##### was up with that f-18 in the trailer? Russian stars on>it?? Or was it supposed to be a mig 29? But then, the mig>29's vertical stabilizers are 90 degrees, not slanted like the>F-18... and what are those vents on the leading edge of the>(what's the name of that... I know there's a particular name>for it... wing fillit?), never noticed those on an F-18>before, do they have them?It's supposed to be an aggressor.There are painted vents on the LERX to resemble a mig 29.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggressor_squadronMarco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

For an 'official' trailer it's pretty poor. It doesn't really show anything new, nor does it excite in any way. I would have waited until I had more footage for a longer, more complete production.Vox