Sign in to follow this  
Guest SkyDrift

FSX problems

Guest dwaohio

1. When I go from full screen to Windows mode my frame goes from 15-25 to 10-.5. I am using a ATI 1600 video card.2. I noticed in the last couple days my pilot log is not adding any flights. It was working fine and than for no reason my flight aren't being logged. Does anyone know the file that the log is kept at. Maybe Vista security made it read only or something like that.Anyone else had these problems and how did you fix them?Dave

Hmm, mine is the other way round, my frame rate goes from 30-40 in fullscreen to 60-70 in window mode.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Do you by chance have vsync on, in either FSX or the driver control panel?

Hi,My framerates are just about the same in windowed and full screen mode, however... and I feel a little ashamed bout changing the subject, but so far nobody has been able to help me.I can not make vsync work i windowed mode (works fine in full screen). I've tried the driver settings and the FSX settings introduced with SP1 and all combinations of these, but nothing works. I've tried a bunch of different drivers too. Any clue on this??Thanks in advance, PoulWindows XP SP2 + DirectX June 2007FSX + SP1NVidia 7900GS with newest beta driverTwo LCDs

Guest SkyDrift

Dave - W.r.t" "I noticed in the last couple days my pilot log is not adding any flights"...Sounds like your logbook has become corrupt. Try temporarily renaming it. FSX will create a new one the next time it starts.If the file is indeed corrupt, you can try to fix it. Check the downloads section (http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=98186) for a FSX Logbook Recovery tool by Daniel van Os: "This utility can be used to try to fix an FSX logbook that doesn't get appended with new entries anymore. If it succeeds in removing a corrupt entry you can write back the logbook, but only after a backup of the original has been made. Updated version that handles entries with multiple landings better. "- regards, Skydrift