Sign in to follow this  
wiggum

Annoying "Scratches" since Sim update 10 in Cockpit?

Hi,

since Sim Update 10 i noticed annoying "lines" or scratches in the cockpit of the default Cessna Caravan.

The settings stayed the same i checked them. Before Sim Update 10 i also had scratches on the glass but they appeared much finer and realistic.

Now they are big and actually visibly destort the view, much like icing almost (but im sure its not icing).

Has anyone the same problem?

I play on PC, 6700 XT and DX11

They are there on every Asobo plane and most, if not all, third party planes since day one. Finer and realistic? Like someone has polished the perspex with coarse sandpaper?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

You'd be surprised how some people 'clean' their aircraft IRL. Smh I hate scratchy buggy windscreens when flying in real life.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

There is a mod that fixes this on all aircraft, I agree it is ugly and way overdone. The King Air is another one that looks really bad, pixelated and low quality. While some light swirling is always going to be evident on Lexan and Perspex type windows, over time, the level of scratching on side glass such as the A320 is outright unrealistic.

Simple Community folder drop-in:

https://flightsim.to/file/5453/jd-clean-glass-mod-all-aircrafts

• Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Well i saw them before Sim Update 10 but they never bothered me.

Now they are so noticible i almost cant enjoy the scenery because of all those big lines that distort the view...

Strange scratch marks, we must be getting close to Halloween.🤡👺

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Strange scratch marks, we must be getting close to Halloween.🤡👺

Don't! 👀

• Like 1

Looked at it again.

There are two different kind of "scratches".

Some are more circular and dont distort the view of the landscape.

Some (the ones that are annoying) are very straight and cross each other at certain points and they distort the landscape.

Im pretty sure this is a bug introduced with Sim Update 10, at least for Radeon or 6700 XT users (same as with the DX12 issues with the glass of the cockpit.  😞

Yes! There are two different kind of scratches: first, there are scratches on the outside, like someone was trying to get into the plane. Than, there are scratches from the inside, like someone was desperately trying to run away!

Now, what could that be!?!?

Do yourself a favour Wiggum, either investigate the mod that was mentioned earlier, OR stop looking at them! They'll drive you crazy.

• Like 1

Problem is i like the circular scratches and the dirt. Gives a realistic feeling. The straight "lines" that are distorting the view on the other hand.

As far as i know, that mod always removes all of this. Maybe overkill in my opinion but thanks for telling me about the mod.

The mod was created by Jay Dee, a guy involved in the development of some payware including the Black Square Analogue King Air so at least you can know it is a mod by someone who really knows his stuff. It removes scratches but you can still see there is glass there.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

The issue with scratches is that in real life they are so close to you that they virtually disappear when you focus on something in the distance. In fact objects really close to you become semi-transparent if you are focussing on an object much further away.  You can demonstrate this by holding a finger a foot or so from your face and directly in front of your nose while focussing on some object in the distance.      Real life scratches only really standout if the sun hits them or you actually focus on them the same way focussing on your finger in front of your face makes it suddenly "solid". 

In the sim close objects and things like scratches remain solid and constant no matter where you focus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I now downgraded from "Ultra" to "high" an the glass cockpit settings and this removed the annoying straight and bold scratches that distorted the outside view ! 😄