Sign in to follow this  
artox67

Weird FL with PSXT

When I'm flying with PSXT I'll see the surrounding traffic on weird FL like -2400/ +1300 etc.

In Real Traffic they are shown correctly, but in TCAS (PMDG 73x) not.

Flying online on VATSIM all altitudes are correct.

Any ideas?

Frank J. Herter

37 minutes ago, artox67 said:

Any ideas?

Are you flying with Live Weather in your Sim and real time in RT (no time shift)?

12 minutes ago, kiek said:

Are you flying with Live Weather in your Sim and real time in RT (no time shift)?

Yes live weather and real time

Frank J. Herter

Do you see a correct QNH shown in PSXT?

What makes you think that these numbers are weird?

Note that altitudes in RT are always flight levels (based on QNH 1013), they have to be corrected for the local QNH.

6 minutes ago, kiek said:

What makes you think that these numbers are weird?

Because the FL are always numbers like 360/370/380 etc. When I'm on FL360 I shouldn't see another flight in cruise who is 1600 FT below or 2400 FT above me. e. g.

Frank J. Herter

31 minutes ago, artox67 said:

Because the FL are always numbers like 360/370/380 etc. When I'm on FL360 I shouldn't see another flight in cruise who is 1600 FT below or 2400 FT above me. e. g.

Yes I know, one would expect +/- n*1000 ft.

But what about the QNH in your SIm, is it equal to the QNH shown in PSXT?

EDIT: your numbers indicate that they are  13 hPa off (13 *30 is approx 400 ft)

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

But what about the QNH in your SIm, is it equal to the QNH shown in PSXT?

PSXT doesn't switch to STD (1013)

Shows always the QNH from the nearest weather station (from Real traffic)

Edited by artox67

Frank J. Herter

54 minutes ago, artox67 said:

PSXT doesn't switch to STD (1013)

That is correct. My question was, what is your local QNH (in your Sim)?

(Note, PSXT exists 7 years now, the altittude algorithms have not changed...)

Edited by kiek

49 minutes ago, kiek said:

That is correct. My question was, what is your local QNH (in your Sim)?

(Note, PSXT exists 7 years now, the altittude algorithms have not changed...)

Depending on the altitude, local QNH or STD in the plane. The flight shown is ITY1289 and regarding real traffic on FL390

Will say, in fact that it works with VATSIM/MSFS it should word with PSTX as well.

spacer.png

Edited by artox67

Frank J. Herter

1 hour ago, artox67 said:

Depending on the altitude, local QNH or STD in the plane. The flight shown is ITY1289 and regarding real traffic on FL390

Yes, but what is the QNH in MSFS, correponding with your local weather? 

1 hour ago, artox67 said:

Will say, in fact that it works with VATSIM/MSFS it should word with PSTX as well.

What do you mean with it " works with VATSIM" ? Are you using PSXT+RT together with VATSIM?

43 minutes ago, kiek said:

Yes, but what is the QNH in MSFS, correponding with your local weather? 

What do you mean with it " works with VATSIM" ? Are you using PSXT+RT together with VATSIM?

Yes, my MSFS weather always corespondents with the local weather (Live weather) or STD after transition altitude.

I'm flying with VATSIM and if no ATC there flying with PSXT. Never ever both at the same time. What I mean is, I see in VATSIM the right altitude of the other aircraft but with PSXT as shown above with a difference, which should not be. 

In the real Traffic radar the altitude is correct, but it comes on TACS with a difference.

Edited by kiek

Frank J. Herter

6 minutes ago, artox67 said:

Yes, my MSFS weather always corespondents with the local weather (Live weather)

You still have not said what the local QNH in your SIM actually was and how it compared to the QNH shown by PSXT_MSFS.

If there is a diffrence that can explain why you see 1700 in stead of 2000.. about 10 hPa...

Edited by kiek

36 minutes ago, kiek said:

You still have not said what the local QNH in your SIM actually was and how it compared to the QNH shown by PSXT_MSFS.

If there is a diffrence that can explain why you see 1700 in stead of 2000.. about 10 hPa...

There is no local QHN above the transition altitude. There is a standard QNH 29.92 (1013.2) which all aircraft use, to make sure all on the same pressure.

Local QNH doesn't matter above the transition altitude. PSXT always shows the local QNH from the nearest weather station, given by Real Traffic

Edited by artox67

Frank J. Herter

1 minute ago, artox67 said:

There is no local QHN above the transition altitude.

Local QNH doesn't matter above the transition altitude.

I'm sorry but you do not understand how altimeters work...  There is always a local QNH, that is the QNH that shows up in the METARs.

If an aircraft is at FL390 (a flight level, not an altitude), and the local QNH is 1020 hPa, it is actual flying at an altitude of 39000 + 7*30= 39210 feet.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kiek said:

I'm sorry but you do not understand how altimeters work...  There is always a local QNH, that is the QNH that shows up in the METARs.

If an aircraft is at FL390 (a flight level, not an altitude), and the local QNH is 1020 hPa, it is actual flying at an altitude of 39000 + 7*30= 39210 feet.

Well, those rules are the same for every plane. So please explain, why it works on VATSIM, there I see the correct FL but not in PSXT?

If a plane 10NM ahead of me, we should have the same altitude 39000 + 7*30= 39210 feet. But this isn't the case, the other plane is always + or - shown in the TCAS

Frank J. Herter