Sign in to follow this  
Qatsimo

too dark vc

Hi,on a flight from Dublin to Paris CDG while approaching, the sun has set to a level where its too dark for reading any gauges while not dark enough for the vc light too become active. Its in the Feelthere A320, i flew this plane enough too land it blind but its really annoying. Annoying because these little things gets ported over from one fs version into the next and seem too be of no interest to the developers to do something about it. Other bits of annoyance are that CDG seemed abondened after landing (night lighting should be on but it wasn't just a dark airfield, while the ground tiles show lighting), and the incredible wind and pressure shifts during flight. It's these eternal bits of shortcoming that spoils the last bit of fun i managed to sqeeze out after all the tweaking to make FSX a flyable sim on my system. Is it something in my setup? If someone knows about a tweak to set nightlighting different, i'll be very thankfullRegards, Gerrithttp://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/koyaan/darkvc.jpg

Guest fruitfly

Under:[GRAPHICS] DAY_THRESHOLD NIGHT_THRESHOLD acceptible values are 0 to 65535. Defaults are: DAY: 32768 NIGHT: 4096 These represent the amount of 'ambient' light. Zero is black, 65535 is full day sun light.

>Under:>>[GRAPHICS] >>DAY_THRESHOLD >>NIGHT_THRESHOLD >>>acceptible values are 0 to 65535. >>Defaults are: >>DAY: 32768 >>NIGHT: 4096 >>>These represent the amount of 'ambient' light. Zero is black,>65535 is full day sun light. >Which file?

There's another way: depending on your hardware, use a control applet for your video card and use "hot keys" to adjust brightness of your screen. Works for all types of ambient light conditions.Pierre

Pierre

Thanks guys for answering my post. I used to add a extra cockpit light in the lights section of aircraft, which i forgot to add after re