Sign in to follow this  
CallsignDE

Frames dropping over Denmark | Manipulators

Hello,

i have severe perfomance problems but ONLY in Denmark airspace.
It does not matter if DX11 or 12 or which settings, i am getting 40+ at nearly every airport but while beeing in the air over Denmark airspace, fps dropping to 25-30 with MainThread beeing red and Manipulators going hugely up.
I've never installed any addon or anything in Denmark, so i have no idea where this is coming from. When crossing from south to north frames dropping starts near of Hamburg. 

Does anyone have or had the same problem? I've done some research what Manipulators means but couldnt find any solution. 

Specs: i7-10700k on 4,8Ghz, 3080

spacer.png

Edited by CallsignDE

This used to be an issue at various points around the globe until they solved it (back in 2021 I think).  I had particular problems around Salzburg which are solved now.

You could always raise a ticket or create a thread on the official forums.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Interesting! I just had two CTD about ten minutes out of Copenhagen. 

And i hat that weird FPS issue some days ago flying in norwegian airpace.

Edit: No scenery mods installed.. FBW320 and the HJET only.

Edited by ThomseN_inc

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

This has been discussed for a long time. Even Shakespeare. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 minutes ago, Fielder said:

This has been discussed for a long time. Even Shakespeare. 

so?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

That is the question.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

14 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

This used to be an issue at various points around the globe until they solved it (back in 2021 I think).  I had particular problems around Salzburg which are solved now.

You could always raise a ticket or create a thread on the official forums.

I still have the stutter fest in Salzburg using Lows from DD. How have you solved it may I ask?

Regards

Michael

20 hours ago, CallsignDE said:

I've never installed any addon or anything in Denmark, so i have no idea where this is coming from.

Perhaps try without any addons, just to be sure nothing else in the community folder is causing this.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, MichaelLowl said:

I still have the stutter fest in Salzburg using Lows from DD. How have you solved it may I ask?

Regards

Michael

I also have that LOWS.  The stuttering / manipulator error happened whether it was installed or not (default MSFS airport), so I don't think it was that.
Turning right after a north take off gave particular problems if I remember.  I could circuit to the right and reproduce the problem every time.
Last time I flew from Zell- am-see to Salzburg a few months ago I didn't have the problem and it was perfectly smooth. 
I will try that route again tonight (in my new Iris PC-21 that I am loving! :smile:) and I will report back.

The manipulators issue for me stopped after an update quite a while ago.  Asobo found the issue and fixed it. 
One small airfield in the middle of the US actually brought most people to their knees (3 to 4 fps) and this was a critical clue that helped in Asobo solve it.   

One thing...  I had a third party mesh installed for the alps.  I deleted it as the Asobo mesh is reasonably good anyway after the world update for the area.
Some add-on meshes for the alps were known to cause problems after a sim update a while ago.  The Orbx meshes were recompiled for example to stop this problem.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

One thing...  I had a third party mesh installed for the alps.  I deleted it as the Asobo mesh is reasonably good anyway after the world update for the area.
Some add-on meshes for the alps were known to cause problems after a sim update a while ago.  The Orbx meshes were recompiled for example to stop this problem.

I tried some freeware mesh for Austria a while ago that absolutely brought my system to it's knees. The Orbx ones are very good though. I have a DEM20 for Norway too which is excellent without any performance issues. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Perhaps try without any addons, just to be sure nothing else in the community folder is causing this.

I've already done this. Nothing changed 😞

Edited by CallsignDE

I also noticed loss of frames when i was passing over Copenhagen into southern Sweden and further into Norway, sim just wasn't as fluent as before. This behaviour continued to Oslo where i landed. No clue what is causing this, my community-folder is full of Norwegian sceneries, maybe one of them is causing this. Have to test with empty folder though.

Edited by MPL

Mikael Leinonen

I have also had this problem, but only at one very specific location in Texas.  Whenever I get within 2 miles of KETN for landing on runway 17 my frames always drop significantly.  If I approach from the south and land on runway 35 I dont lose any frames, smooth as silk.  I tried clearing the community folder, changing graphic settings, and caching the area around KETN.  The only thing I found that helped was lowering Texture Synthesis to Medium from High.  On Medium I dont experience the frame drops.  I am going to put in a ticket and cross my fingers that they can fix it in a future update.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

On 10/31/2022 at 12:51 PM, CallsignDE said:

Hello,

i have severe perfomance problems but ONLY in Denmark airspace.
It does not matter if DX11 or 12 or which settings, i am getting 40+ at nearly every airport but while beeing in the air over Denmark airspace, fps dropping to 25-30 with MainThread beeing red and Manipulators going hugely up.
I've never installed any addon or anything in Denmark, so i have no idea where this is coming from. When crossing from south to north frames dropping starts near of Hamburg. 

Does anyone have or had the same problem? I've done some research what Manipulators means but couldnt find any solution. 

Specs: i7-10700k on 4,8Ghz, 3080

spacer.png

I see the same degradation over Southern Sweden. 

Tried with PG on and off but this didn't improve FPS. 

I have mine locked at 30 but in Denmark/Southern Sweden I see a drop to 25/27 FPS. 

FPS had recovered to 30 by the time I landed at ESSA.

Stu

Edited by Bunchy

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.