Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Installing MyTrafficX

I have not found any information in the installation manual:- Can I save any default AI traffic bgl so that I could return back to the default traffic if needed.Thanks.Dirk.

I would suggest that backing up the original files would probably let you do that, but I would hope that the install would do that anyways, so you could just uninstall the product. I don't have it, so I can't say for sure, but I thought they just added new bgl files, so getting rid of the new product should just take you back to the default.

Guest jshyluk

MyTraffic X keeps your old traffic.bgl archived. All you have to do is uninstall MyTraffic X (with the Control Panel in XP), and your old .bgl is automatically restored. I've done it a couple of times now with no ill effect.In fact, you can run the FSX traffic.bgl at the same time as the MyTraffic X .bgl, which results in a mix of FSX and MyTraffic X aircraft, which can be useful if you want more GA aircraft, or if you are flying outside the operational boundaries of the FAA.Installing MyTraffic X is a bit of a trick. In fact, even finding the correct installation info can be difficult. Make sure you dig through all of the files to find all of the manuals. The good news is once you've installed MyTraffic X, the program more or less runs itself with very minimal user input, so it's much, much easier to use than it is to install.I do discuss installation issues in my AVSIM.COM review of My TRaffic X. Please read that section for more tips:http://www.avsim.com/pages/0607/TrafficX/TrafficX.htmJeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Thank you very much, guys. Definitely I recall someone mentioned using GA default traffic with an add-on traffic. Thanks Jeff for mentioning that. I'll try to combine them as well after I'll read your review.Dirk.