Sign in to follow this  
antic81

Did the MSFS Dev team stop doing their Q and A sessions?

Hi All,

As the title suggests, I cannot seem to find any recent Dev team Q and A's on their twitch channel, and there does not appear any in their upcoming schedule. Did they decide to stop doing them?

If that is the case it would be a shame, I really did enjoy watching them!

Always possible that I have missed them somewhere! I think the last one was over a month back, possibly longer.

Many thanks!

Anthony Milner

There's an announcement in the official forum: 1830Z on Nov. 18

• Like 2

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/625885-october-27th-2022-msfs-development-update/

And lastly, earlier this week we announced that the date for our next Developer Q&A is November 18th, and our next SDK Q&A is on November 23rd! You can submit and vote on questions for our Developer Q&A here, and questions for our SDK Q&A here!

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Thanks chaps I don't know how I missed it! 

Yeah I don't really have an issue with them slowing down on updates in order to polish them up a bit!

Many thanks!

Anthony

• Like 1

Anthony Milner

They are pointless most of the times they don't understand the question or give a completely wrong answer 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bit harsh there; I for one am grateful that they spend their time to answer questions from the community and explain some of the features and other behind-the-scenes things. Of course they can't be on top of everything, or know every single detail of questions asked on the spot. I think a say two-month schedule is fine for these QA sessions.

• Upvote 1

Personally, I really wish they will answer the question about advanced weather radar SDK.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steve 86 said:

They are pointless most of the times they don't understand the question or give a completely wrong answer 

You forget to add the ever smiling Joerg trying to smile away any potential criticism. As I again (for the third time) posted a question about the bugged snow coverage this time even being up in the top 3 of all questions, I really wonder if it will be discussed or ignored like the two other times I asked the same question... 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

23 minutes ago, AnkH said:

You forget to add the ever smiling Joerg trying to smile away any potential criticism. As I again (for the third time) posted a question about the bugged snow coverage this time even being up in the top 3 of all questions, I really wonder if it will be discussed or ignored like the two other times I asked the same question... 

They will probably answer the guy who asked about birds in MSFS. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

And the seeming lack of interest in fixing the VR code.

I fly nearly exclusively in VR those days, but having watched the field I am afraid we've seen a decline of innovation during the last couple of years. Yes, there are a few new devices on the horizon but with combined prices for the headset + GPU beyond what the average user (or even 1/4th of it) is willing to pay. 

While VR provides a second to none experience of actually flying, I would call image quality just poor. Now, my system is dated and will be replaced soon, but I am afraid, image quality will still not compete with a high-quality 4K screen.

The next Navigraph Review will provide some up-to-date figures. However, MS certainly has some more background on developments than us poor users and  strictly focuses on fields with a maximum bang for the buck. 

As much as I may dislike this, I wouldn't exclude VR going the way of 3D screens and some other stuff.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks Michael, it's always good to see your thoughts. I must have followed you all over the Internet, from P3D to Aerofly to here!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pmb said:

While VR provides a second to none experience of actually flying, I would call image quality just poor. Now, my system is dated and will be replaced soon, but I am afraid, image quality will still not compete with a high-quality 4K screen.

I could not agree more. Completely apart from MSFS, the resolution of even the finest VR headsets today is mediocre at best. I've been counting on Apple to come up with something great. But I read an article a few days ago that suggested Apple's entry into the VR-headset market has been delayed at least another two years due to technical problems.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.