Sign in to follow this  
oktorn777

many users unaware of FSX SP1 (!!)

I noticed this thread on the nvidia board: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=40196...and the user named Deeko was UNAWARE that FSX had a Service Pack out for it.I guess just goes to show you, there is a vast community of users out there beyond us, who are not in tune with these things. Get the word out!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I've never clicked "home" either, and until I started browsing avsim I had never heard of fsinsider.I have on the other hand kept the FSX thread up to date at the hardware/game forum I frequent.

>I've never clicked "home" either, and until I started>browsing avsim I had never heard of fsinsider.>>I have on the other hand kept the FSX thread up to date at the>hardware/game forum I frequent. Have you never wondered what it was then? Have you looked at any of the other pages other than the "Free flight" page?Nice to see you're keeping others informed though.

Nope, I rarely look anywhere else except when I'm in the mood to learn something.Not only that, but (having just pressed "Home" for the first time (I think I might have seen it before in passing once)) it's kind of a pain in the butt that you need to use scroll bars to see the whole page.I wonder if people would associate what they see there with a web site they can view in their browser? Would be nice if there was some way to pop it up into a browser. Is there? Interestingly, there are no right click options.How are people supposed to know that it's a web site? Perhaps the address should be put in the title bar next to home?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest YukonPete

I agree. Its hard to find the SP1 on the Homepage! I am there right now and can't see any links and in says nothing about there even being an SP1. When you click on the DOWNLOADS link you would expect to find it there but you don't!

>Not only that, but (having just pressed "Home" for the first>time (I think I might have seen it before in passing once))>it's kind of a pain in the butt that you need to use scroll>bars to see the whole page.Agreed. That's a really bad design, to have your main screen be dominated by the upper-left hand section of a webpage, with the highlight being a shot of a night-lit runway that's cut off two-thirds of the way across. It just looks sloppy and unprofessional.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

>Have you never wondered what it was then? Have you looked at>any of the other pages other than the "Free flight" page?LOL I guess I assumed Home would take me back to the Getting Started screen.

LOL Same here. I ONLY switch between Free flight and the options screen: the other tabs are never ever used by me... ;)

>I agree. Its hard to find the SP1 on the Homepage! I am>there right now and can't see any links and in says nothing>about there even being an SP1. When you click on the>DOWNLOADS link you would expect to find it there but you>don't!I wouldn't call it hard. SP1 is one of the lead stories on the home page and it's the first thing in the list you get when you click "downloads". However, it would seem it isn't clear for some people so perhaps MS should look into a slight redesign perhaps.

Victor,No offense intended, but if he found it hard to find the download, he found it hard. Everything's easy when you know what you are doing. It takes a good UI to make things easy for those who are still trying to figure it out. I'm not knocking the FSInsider UI here, I'm just pointing out that the user felt it was hard to find the download. And if he found it hard, I'm sure he's not alone; imagine what it's like for the uninitiated user.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>Victor,>No offense intended, but if he found it hard to find the>download, he found it hard. Everything's easy when you know>what you are doing. It takes a good UI to make things easy>for those who are still trying to figure it out. >>I'm not knocking the FSInsider UI here, I'm just pointing out>that the user felt it was hard to find the download. And if>he found it hard, I'm sure he's not alone; imagine what it's>like for the uninitiated user.>I did say "so perhaps MS should look into a slight redesign" didn't I?

Guest AndyWebber

>LOL Same here. I ONLY switch between Free flight and the>options screen: the other tabs are never ever used by me...>;)There are other tabs????LOL.. Like you (and most I guess) I only use free flight and options, ok I lie, I used the missions one when I first bought FSX.

It never occured to me either. How long have I been doing this :-lol Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

:-lol :-lol Me too! In fact, I clicked on Home and what I got was a page that said if I was connected to the internet I would be seeing FSInsider. Well, wonder how I'm able to get real world weather? It is working just fine.Into the firewall and look for FSX - it was on custom, changed to Allow and now I can see the Home FSInsider. Probably the last time I'll look.:-lol :-lol Phill