Sign in to follow this  
aykwm

Request to increase delay

First of all thank you for creating PSXT, its amazing!!!

I just have one issue and I'd appreciate it if you can help me with it

I regularly fly to and from Dubai Int'l Airport DXB (I live next to it IRL and its always super busy), and for some reason the ADS-B data always is lost when the aircraft touch down and it comes back when its turning to the  taxiway to exit the runway.

When I use PSXT, the aircraft always touch down and immediately stops on the runway for few seconds until it's live again on the end of the runway. I timed it, and it appears that to establish the 3 points required to process the plane information in PSXT, it requires around 35-40 second of delay.

I know delay is capped at 30 seconds, but wanted to check if it is possible to increase it to 1 min or 45 seconds, this will improve DXB significantly. 

Thanks,

18 minutes ago, aykwm said:

the aircraft always touch down and immediately stops on the runway for few seconds until it's live again on the end of the runway.

For clarification:  does the aircraft disappears and re-appears at the end, or is it standing still and then jumping to the end..?

2 hours ago, kiek said:

For clarification:  does the aircraft disappears and re-appears at the end, or is it standing still and then jumping to the end..?

Actually both:

Traffic on ground waiting for take-odd disappear and reappear as they are waiting for takeoff clearance

Traffic landing will touch down freeze for few seconds and then quickly jump to the end of the runway where ADS-B data is picked up again. 

11 minutes ago, aykwm said:

Actually both:

Traffic on ground waiting for take-odd disappear and reappear as they are waiting for takeoff clearance

Traffic landing will touch down freeze for few seconds and then quickly jump to the end of the runway where ADS-B data is picked up again. 

I see, you happen to be at an airport where the ADS-B coverage on the ground is not very good. 

Increasing the delay may have  negative side effects, such as aircraft that are no longer sync-ed  in time and run into each other while taxiing.

But I will give you the option to experiment with it in the next version by setting the delay range wider: 15 .. 60 seconds 

Yes, it seems there is a dead spot on the runway specifically. Ground traffic taxiing is completely normal, as well as arriving and departing traffic. It only seems that the runway area is causing all the issue.

Thank you so much for implementing it. Looking forward for the new version and I'll provide my feedback of any weird movement observed.

Just wanted to provide you my feedback.

Thank you so much for the quick update.

I wanted to confirm that the planes movements are now much more natural. There are still weird behaviors, but this is expected because they occur at areas with no coverage, but now the planes are properly touching down, decelerating, and turning off the taxi. Planes lining up are not disappearing anymore. 

Ill observe it more and provide any other feedback, but so far its great

Problem fixed!

Thanks you for making DXB amazing!

• Like 1

Queston to you Aykwm. Which version doe you have installed, the standard Asobo version or the FeelThere version. My OMDB is quiet empty. 🙂

7 hours ago, navnak said:

Which version doe you have installed, the standard Asobo version or the FeelThere version. My OMDB is quiet empty. 🙂

The version does not matter. You need a populated airport file to get static parked aircraft. (live aircraft you will always see). So let Learner learn your airport for a while or, if Aykwn has the same add-on, ask him for his airport file to make a jump start.

Edited by kiek

17 hours ago, navnak said:

Queston to you Aykwm. Which version doe you have installed, the standard Asobo version or the FeelThere version. My OMDB is quiet empty. 🙂

I have feelthere, but as Kiek mentioned it doesn't matter. I fly in and out of DXB quit often, so I have at least 100 hrs of training data for the airport. I'd assume 6-8 hours on learner should be enough to populate the airport decently. Also I can probably share my DXB data.