Sign in to follow this  
VFRHawk

Base C208 Grand caravan beeps constantly

Hey,

Started trying to fly the standard C208 that comes with MSFS last night.  Whenever I start on the runway ready to fly, or whenever I start it up at the point where I turn the avionics switches on, it starts to beep, and does it continuously until I turn the avionics switches off.

Not a morse code beep, more like I left the door open or I'm reversing in a car. 

Anyone encountered that before?  I tried loads of stuff to fix it but no joy.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Had a look through all of that, none effective unfortunately.  Restarted my PC, logged out of my Xbox account etc.  I'm currently going to try emptying my community folder - if I can convince it to let me - and then I'll try again.

I had a friend of mine do exactly the same test - same aircraft, same state - and he got no beeping, so it must be something specific to my setup.

I've emptied my community folder, no change.  Doesn't seem to happen with other aircraft, stock or 3rd party.  I've reset in game settings to default, no change.

Give up.  Guess I won't fly the C208.

Yes, downloaded that earlier, along with the updated WT G1000NXi from the store.  Still beeps unfortunately.

37 minutes ago, VFRHawk said:

Yes, downloaded that earlier, along with the updated WT G1000NXi from the store.  Still beeps unfortunately.

OK. Then I expect it is a conflict with an assignment for a control device.  Try starting the sim with no controls attached except rudder pedals.  Nada.  You should be able to taxi around and using keyboard commands set flaps, power, and proceed to take off.  See if you still have the beep.  Also do you have any other GPS models installed.  PMS or TDS GTN's, etc?  The TDS GTNs are loaded at startup and are not in Community.  Check your Windows Taskbar settings at the ^ icon near the lower right conner of your Windows desktop. Do it after you start MSFS. If you find one loaded there, right click and close it.  Then fly.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thank you!  It turned out I'd caught the pinky switch on my warthog throttle and it was sending an AP disconnect every second  - unplugging it fixed the beeping, which gave me enough info to find the problem.

• Like 1