Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

Navigraph Charts 8 to be released sometime during next week

Wow, loving the new VFR layer. Love the new zoom onto the airfields as well.

They did a great job, this is really exciting!

Edited by dikkeduif

Just to note that the in-game MSFS Navigraph panel isn't currently compatible with the new technology in v8 so won't be getting the new features, at least in the short term.

It's expensive, but I can't live without it now that I started using it, and the new features for v8 are really spot-on !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Wow, I am amazed with the new version! I didn't know they were working on this so for me it is a huge surprise and I love it!. I agree with one previous post about wind direction, it would be nice to have that info.

About pricing, I think is a great value, if you pay the whole year is less than 7 Euros a month, but you get a great tool if you fly around the world (I like to go to new places specially since FS2020) and now with VFR info is a really nice upgrade.

Looks like is going to be a great week for FS! (Expecting the release of FS40).

It's a shame none of the new features will be available inside the sim. What a disappointment.

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/in-game-panel-update/9728

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

5 minutes ago, Alvega said:

It's a shame none of the new features will be available inside the sim. What a disappointment.

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/in-game-panel-update/9728

Major letdown.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Very pleased with this update, to be perfect, annotations is the big thing missing 4 me. They stated they will bring this in the coming versions though.

Sergio Naiberg

2 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Just to note that the in-game MSFS Navigraph panel isn't currently compatible with the new technology in v8 so won't be getting the new features, at least in the short term.

Oh. That takes away the urgency for me

This was a positive surprise as I didn't know such a major overhaul was incoming. Great new features:

• VFR map is excellent
  • I like the new layout with the flight planning section on the left
  • Charts can be autoselected
  • Cruise alt is imported from Simbrief

The interface is quite different so I'm still getting used to it. 

1 hour ago, SN737 said:

Very pleased with this update, to be perfect, annotations is the big thing missing 4 me. They stated they will bring this in the coming versions though.

Annotations? What does this mean? 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

29 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Annotations? What does this mean? 

You make your own notes, overlaying the charts.

So could draw a taxiway clearance on the ground map, or mark if some taxiways are closed , or if minimums on an approach are temporarily changed (from NOTAM). Imagination is endless.

I use the feature alot in Garmin Pilot IRL, it will def. come in handy in Navigraph/FS aswell 

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

23 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

You make your own notes, overlaying the charts.

Ah yes. I did that briefly in the previous version.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I really like this update.

Personally I never used the in sim plugin, even if using on the same computer as the sim, I just use the app on another monitor.

But most of the time I use it on an iPad, this is very realistic, I use 4 monitors for the sim and often 2 more laptops or tablets for WX and navigation. I really recommend this unless you use VR that is.

The VFR maps are great and the new interface is very effective to use, IMHO.

So for me this is a huge update we have been waiting for years for good VFR maps not over the USA. Now you have them everywhere on the planet.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

26 minutes ago, 177B said:

Personally I never used the in sim plugin, even if using on the same computer as the sim, I just use the app on another monitor.

Well, the in-sim plugin is essential for VR, it is the main reason I even bought an ultimate subscription. It is really a bummer for me that VFR maps are not available in it.

• Upvote 1

What happened to the world map? 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

What happened to the world map? 

What do you mean?

Still there of course, in all its glory. And available as a map, or a globe (although globe is an experimental feature) !

Cheers,

2Low2Slow