Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

Navigraph Charts 8 to be released sometime during next week

7 hours ago, Alvega said:

It's a shame none of the new features will be available inside the sim. What a disappointment.

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/in-game-panel-update/9728

Do you mean the ingame toolbar does not support the new features? I have a single screen so having various features available without constanlty having to jump out of msfs is important. Thanks

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

This was a positive surprise as I didn't know such a major overhaul was incoming. Great new features:

• VFR map is excellent
  • I like the new layout with the flight planning section on the left
  • Charts can be autoselected
  • Cruise alt is imported from Simbrief

The interface is quite different so I'm still getting used to it. 

Annotations? What does this mean? 

The possibility to write on charts, for eg. marking with a green line the taxiway path ground gave us. or departure freq, etc...

Sergio Naiberg

without in-sim, worthless update.  😞

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Anyone else having issues with constantly getting logged out?

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

I've subscribed to Navigraph strictly for access to the charts and the navigational data.

The rest is (to me) worthless eye candy, that I can get with any of the existing apps out there.

I do my flight planning through simbrief. If I want a "visual representation" of SIDs and STARs, I can do that via the default MSFS flight planner. 

The in-game panel was clunky and unintuitive to begin with - apparently, it won't be updated because of "Asobo issues".

The Android app has been awol since September - "we are working to resolve the issue with Google".  I guess some version of the android app is back......

But the app has a shiny new coat, so there's that. 

Edited by Ricardo41

2 hours ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

Do you mean the ingame toolbar does not support the new features? I have a single screen so having various features available without constanlty having to jump out of msfs is important. Thanks

Yes, in-game you will have the same old version. To use the new features you need to use the desktop app. Check the link I posted.

Edit: I wonder why this was moved to the Hangar chat, it's important that people know about this before buying it.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

30 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Edit: I wonder why this was moved to the Hangar chat, it's important that people know about this before buying it.

I agree. What is this doing in Hangar chat?

11 hours ago, Alvega said:

It's a shame none of the new features will be available inside the sim. What a disappointment.

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/in-game-panel-update/9728

I use a Surface with Navigraph Charts next to my sim desktop for that 🙂  

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Navigraph Charts 8 has just been released. Get a glimpse at the new features on this excellent introduction video by Jonathan Beckett. 

• Like 4

Edmundo Azevedo

Looks great, I've never been tempted before as I mainly do Low & Slow last minute flights but this recent update has piqued my interest somewhat.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

The VFR map is incomplete without the explaining charts of each airport, enough if you know already the VFR procedures of that airport and with Simlink shows you where you are, though is there a way to download the original VFR charts for each airport in the app?, I don´t find it.

I guess in the near future the inside FS20 Navigraph app will be updated with the new VFR maps etc., appreciated, and more appreciated in VR and the other wise tablets or EFB´s that use the Navigraph app inside them.

There are indeed no VFR charts for small airports ( with 4 letter ICAO Codes). I had expected them. Maybe they are added in the future?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bbsmitz said:

Anyone else having issues with constantly getting logged out?

Yes. Happened many times already. 

And I can't find the world map if it's there. It's probably there, as it was mentioned earlier in this thread. So I'm probably just stupid for not finding it 🙂

8 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I agree. What is this doing in Hangar chat?

Good question. If it's allowed to ask this question, perhaps it's against the community rules. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”