Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

DLL.XML

Hi Abe,I think you'll find that once you've installed FSX, FSX SP1, SDK and SDK SP1 your problems with FSEarth will be resolved.One of the critical areas are the FlightSimulator folders in C:WindowsWinSxS. There should be at least one each containing simconnect.dll.I'm no expert on SimConnect. All my knowledge came from installing ASX on my laptop. I thought I only ran simconnect.msi on a non-FS machine but I couldn't swear to it.Come back when you have a new installation and hopefully all your problems will be behind you.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,I do show one instance of SimConnect.dll (37KB) in C:WindowsWinSxS.And two instances of "Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll" (91KB). All the files are ensconsed within ZIP files.Hope this matches your findings.Thanks again, Ray.Cheers,Abe

Hi Abe,A screenshot will help here.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175485.jpgWithin that folder with the very long name that includes FlightSimulator you should have a single simconnect.dll. It should NOT be zipped and there should not be more than one file in it.I wonder if that is the reason for your problems?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,That was fast. You are right. The SimConnect.dll file resides in that folder.......my folder is named slightly different:"x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9"By the way the folder "InstallTemp", I do NOT have.Cheers,Abe

Hi Abe,I also have a folder with that name. That was the original one created when FSX was installed I think.The second was created by the SDK SP1 so you won't have that yet.The version number of simconnect.dll in your folder should be 60905 (plus other numbers).I wouldn't worry about InstallTemp. The screenshot was taken from my laptop where FSX doesn't reside.You could try installing SDK SP1 which will create a second Simconnect entry and see if that resolves the Google Earth problem.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi again,RayTo be exact my simconntect.dll is ver. 10.0.60905.0.Like I mentioned to you earlier, I am not going to attempt any kind of patching or changing anything until I get my new system within a month.By the way I just noticed that your system compares to mine.You have P4 3.0, 1Gb RAM, Radeon X1950 Pro 512Mb AGP I have P4 3.8, 2GB ram, Radeon X850 XT 256Mb PCIeWhar kind of FPS are you getting? Are the sliders about half way to the right or more?I have some sliders all the way. Some half way. The AI about 8%. I am using essentially my own perosonal AI's which are set at 1% and referenced to Aircraft in FS2004. In LAX, I get about 5 to 8 FPS, but once I get away and get going, it varies between 10,15,20 and up sometimes.Cheers,Abe

Hi Abe,The simconnect.dll version looks fine. It should match the numbers for the folder it resides in.I'll create a cfg with my FSX settings so you can load it and compare. ACES created this facility so people could easily compare settings without needing to write down every number.I'll do it over the weekend. I get around 10 on the ground but it can peak at 27 (locked) once airborne. Ai aircraft is low as it kills performance. Airports like LAX are a no-go area until I get a new system.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,Thanks for the info and I appreciate you sending me an FSX.cfg file for comparison."but it can peak at 27 (locked)". I understand if you use 'unlimited', which I have done, and many others conclude, you can get better numbers. Not so for FS2004.Cheers,Abe

Hi Abe,Using 'Unlimited' basically means work the CPU to death to give me the fastest possible frame rates.I've experimented with 'Unlimited' and 'Fixed' and 'Fixed' works best for me. i.e. less stuttering and pausing. 27fps is totally fluid.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather