Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmilton

Flight environment X

Guest stems

I think Flight Enironment X is somewhat late. At least the date on the advert on the AVSIM site should be changed from 07.07.07, already a week passed.Stems

they are running a little late, no eta (as stated in their forum)John

The fact that they're taking their time simply shows that they're putting as much care and effort as they can into the final product they'll be releasing. If anything it's a good sign, believe me ;-)

>The fact that they're taking their time simply shows that>they're putting as much care and effort as they can into the>final product they'll be releasing. I'd agree with that.

Guest Hocking

Yeah, I think you guys are right. From information that has been posted in various topics in various forums, and of course in Chris Norris's article he wrote several months ago, they are really putting something big together. I saw some water screenshots that they posted up about a month ago, and now I can't even stand to look at the default water textures in FSX anymore. There screenshots looked like real pictures from a plane. It was just unbelievable.I think they are going to blow us all out of the water whenever they do release their FEX/GEX product. I doubt it is long from now. I have pretty much put FSX down for awhile until these guys get this out the door. I have pretty much held my purchases up on quite a few different things concerning mesh, landclass, weather packages, ect....... I want to make sure I only have things compatible with FEX/GEX.

Same here. My hope is that they have found and incorperated a fix for the blurries. FSX is a dead issue for me untill the blurries are gone!!

...also hope that they do something about those awful autogen trees. I know this is subjective to the viewer but to me they just don't look right and out of place in the sim. I've also put any other purchases for FS X on hold untill this comes out.I remember when I first loaded up GE PRO for FS9...WOW!

There is no depth at all to them. They look like the same sort of flat image I remember from playing Doom 2 back in the day. You know the ones you could run around, and see the same side the entire time, like they would rotate with you..??.. Battlefield 2142, not a sim, has some amazing trees and bushes. Good stuff. The 2D sprite look of the autogen and trees in FSX really is a bummer, especially for this day and age, it seems to be one part of the sim lagging very far behind....I think they look worse now due to the higher res ground textures, they are sore thumbs!Danon

Guest tcable

Those 2d objects are much better performance than rendering each one in 3d- tens of thousands of times (potentially) in each frame.How often are you THAT close to those trees that you really care? and at 20+ fps as well.It's a livable trade off for now. Hardware still needs to come a long for us to get 'real' 3d trees on that scale.Static screenies really feel very different than 20+ fps graphics.

I think the trees look pretty good. I love finding clusters of them and flying down throughthe 'canyons' in the trees. Its a as fun as taking the extra (or trike)through downtown chicago (or Paris or new york or San Fran etc etc etc)

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Guest danny68

yeah, I like the trees too.What's wrong with them?Dan

Something is funny however. I can't seem to find those evergreen firs in the Louisiana marshes when I actually fly over them. But, they MUST be there? Why else would Bill Gates have put them in FSX?Confused :-hmmm

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest tmilton

>>The fact that they're taking their time simply shows that>>they're putting as much care and effort as they can into the>>final product they'll be releasing. >>I'd agree with that. I'm with you on that one too.Also, I like the FSX tree textures. It has been a big improvement over FS9, that's for sure. :)