Sign in to follow this  
Burge

SimBrief msfs2020

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

Perhaps Delfin8896 can chime in to confirm whether he still has the issue with latest patch. It's definitely not a major malfunction with the feature itself.

Only a single report via e-mail so far.

On which ATC tab configuration are you?

Using "Native ATC", Using "PF3 ATC", or Using "Other ATC"?

Native ATC

I noticed in "mce" under Options>ATC  there is no value   FlightPlansPath=

Edited by surfcandy

I downloaded v3.0.0.8 from the full download (which seems identical to the patch posted above here). I stll get SimBrief connection. My SimBrief connection to Fenix and FBW works flawlessly. In MCE I just get

---------------------------
mce.exe
Invalid Simbrief ID number.
You may not be
logged into your account or no flight plan exists.
OK   

I am logged in. And the FP is happily being loaded into the Fenix MCDU. 

Help is appreciated. 

Hi, 

I am not a computer scientist or a programmer. I just want to easily use an expensive app and not spend my nights fixing boring stuff.

I am permanently connected to Simbrief (besides I do not know where is the button "keep me logged in" in Simbrief you are meaning, I spent 1 hour searching) ???

I already had the same problem with MCE-PMDG 737, it didn't work. I read that this issue is known but that it works well with Ultimate Version. So I bought the lateste ultimate version 3.0.0.8 because I also would like it for all the aircrafts.

It's still not okay: Invalid Simbrief ID number. You may not be logged into your account or no flight plan exists...

I have a valid flight plan, introduced my correct Simbrief ID number, MSFS is running okay, with the correct aircraft at the correct airport. I tried to insert manually my SimbriefID in the MCE.INI file as you recommended above (I save it but as soon as I start MCE it doesn't recognize it, and the ID-number disappears when I then check the file again). 

I tried many flight plans, many aircrafts.    

I tried with native ATC, and with Other ATC.

I tried to get the patch in the installation folder as mentionned above...

Sorry, it's really boring and I would like to run it correctly now. What should I do ????

Please help us.

10 hours ago, Gael said:

Hi, 

I am not a computer scientist or a programmer. I just want to easily use an expensive app and not spend my nights fixing boring stuff.

I am permanently connected to Simbrief (besides I do not know where is the button "keep me logged in" in Simbrief you are meaning, I spent 1 hour searching) ???

I already had the same problem with MCE-PMDG 737, it didn't work. I read that this issue is known but that it works well with Ultimate Version. So I bought the lateste ultimate version 3.0.0.8 because I also would like it for all the aircrafts.

It's still not okay: Invalid Simbrief ID number. You may not be logged into your account or no flight plan exists...

I have a valid flight plan, introduced my correct Simbrief ID number, MSFS is running okay, with the correct aircraft at the correct airport. I tried to insert manually my SimbriefID in the MCE.INI file as you recommended above (I save it but as soon as I start MCE it doesn't recognize it, and the ID-number disappears when I then check the file again). 

I tried many flight plans, many aircrafts.    

I tried with native ATC, and with Other ATC.

I tried to get the patch in the installation folder as mentionned above...

Sorry, it's really boring and I would like to run it correctly now. What should I do ????

Please help us.

Although since we a have a Demo people can inspect before making a purchase and just accept it as is (Simbrief integration being a bonus as MCE isn't a flight preparation software).

You do have a point though and we intend to get it sorted. We'll have to do without attempting to retrieve Notams as there is all sorts of characters coming through that and all it takes is some unexpected data to cripple the parser that extracts info from downloaded file.

The flight plan is easy to get. It's all there in neat lines ready to be copied.

So are Metar and TAF as they don't exceed 5 or 6  lines.

The NOTAMS is a different matter...

We had it working earlier when the data was embedded between

<Origin>

Notam for departure here

</Origin>

-------

<Destination>

Notam for Alternate here

</Destination>

<Alternate>

Notam for destination here

</Alternate>

And the Notam Data was something like this

&lt: A32 & gt: RW 15 &gt: (which you have to tanslate into readable input, like what you see when visiting Simbrief page)

It appears, very recently, they have altered what comes in the file and Notams now have their own separate section further down the file.

<Notams>

All Notams here.

</Notams>

Gone are those "&gt:" characters, but there are new challenges

You would expect the departure Notams to appear first. Nope on a flight from LFPG (Paris) to RJTT (Tokyo), you would have notams for EDDF, EDDM and other airfields on the route. Do you discard them or keep them?

Some lines are so strectched that they cause buffer overrun

The failure was caused by MCE only reporting success when ALL data has been retrieved.

"mce.exe" will be updated today to do without the NOTAMS for now. We'll need more time for that.

But then, all it takes is Simbrief changing how the data appears in the file for the feature to break in the future. 

We'll post the patch here later today.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 2

Great! Can you generate a differentiated error message: "Invalid Pilot ID" vs. "Could not parse flight plan XML"?

• Like 1

Hi Gerald, 

Many thanks for your answer. And sorry for the tone of my message, I was a bit tired after hours trying to solve it by myself...

You're right, MCE isn't a flight plan software, and in fact I could simply use the ATC and flight plan separately, it's not a tragedy, but it would be muuuuuuch better with SimBrief integration. 

I bought MCE because every other features work great, and I don't regret it. I would like to use it for all my liner flights.

It's just frustrating for people like me that are not especially IT-geek... 🙂 You never know if you made something wrong or not.

OK, let's see if this new patch will help. 😉

Thank you. Gaël

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gael said:

Hi Gerald, 

Many thanks for your answer. And sorry for the tone of my message, I was a bit tired after hours trying to solve it by myself...

You're right, MCE isn't a flight plan software, and in fact I could simply use the ATC and flight plan separately, it's not a tragedy, but it would be muuuuuuch better with SimBrief integration. 

I bought MCE because every other features work great, and I don't regret it. I would like to use it for all my liner flights.

It's just frustrating for people like me that are not especially IT-geek... 🙂 You never know if you made something wrong or not.

OK, let's see if this new patch will help. 😉

Thank you. Gaël

It's OK Gael.

Everyone on MCE Ultimate Edition only, download this patch and manually replace 2 files inside \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Latest-Beta.zip

If link not accessible, copy the line above and paste it to your browser address.

I installed the latest patch now. The message "Invalid Simbrief ID number." is gone now. However, now the GUI says "Waiting on Simbrief" and then "No Data Avaliable!" / nothing after that. Importing the plan into FBW or Fenix (tried both) before was easy and took just one click. Could you please have another look? Can I provide you with logs?

On 12/20/2022 at 7:05 PM, djxmdjxm said:

I installed the latest patch now. The message "Invalid Simbrief ID number." is gone now. However, now the GUI says "Waiting on Simbrief" and then "No Data Avaliable!" / nothing after that. Importing the plan into FBW or Fenix (tried both) before was easy and took just one click. Could you please have another look? Can I provide you with logs?

Assuming you are on Ultimate Edition, download this patch, unzip and manually replace all files. And then we'll take it from there

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Latest-Beta.zip

Okay, thanks! I downloaded and installed the latest patch above. I am sitting at the stand - cold and dark - A32NX. When I click "Get Flight Plan" the right pane briefly (2-3 secs) shows "Waiting on SimBrief" - then "No Data Available!". No other messages. The FP is still not being loaded. 

Meanwhile, the FBW EFB loaded the active plan automatically without problems. 

47 minutes ago, djxmdjxm said:

Okay, thanks! I downloaded and installed the latest patch above. I am sitting at the stand - cold and dark - A32NX. When I click "Get Flight Plan" the right pane briefly (2-3 secs) shows "Waiting on SimBrief" - then "No Data Available!". No other messages. The FP is still not being loaded. 

Meanwhile, the FBW EFB loaded the active plan automatically without problems. 

Go to \My documents\Multi Crew Experience\ folder and check that MCE has downloaded a "Simbrief_fpln.dat" file.

You can open it with Notepad.

It should then spawn a number of other files "Simbrief_Metar" etc

If the file refers to the actual flight plan you last filed, you can assume there is no issue with Simbrief ID or the download process.

If not, could be a subtle "permissions" issue, like Windows not letting MCE create files in \My Documents\ folder.

I assume you didn't override that folder's permissions. 

Hi Gerald, 

happy new year! Now I've checked again. No files are being created in the folder. We might be onto something because I have used standard windows functionality to move my "My Documents" folder to another hard drive (E:). 

The "Multi Crew Experience" folder has been created correctly, though. The only contents, however, are the subfolders "Checklists" and "MyVoiceScripts". 

I have not altered any folder permissions here. And I always start MCE "as an administrator". Reading and writing should not be a problem here. 

Any specific setting that I should try?

Best

Christopher