Sign in to follow this  
Chalkman

How is FeelThere's 737 PIC in FSX

Any problems with it? I am considering this, but if anyone has had major issues with it I'll wait for the NGX. From what I've read it works pretty well with FS9. I get pretty decent FPS with the default planes, and I'm running most of the sliders to the middle left. Thanks for any advice you may have.

Works well for me, in fact it may be my imagination but I think it actually flies better in FSX than it did on FS9. It has had no effect on my fps either. My only beef with wilco is their website downlaod speeds.

There are a few slight problems with FSX and Vista with CTD's after exiting the flight. There's also the bank issue where the stick shakes for some reason although the bank is smooth, though the devs are trying to pinpoint that one.Despite these problems it's a pleasure to fly although I've nothing to compare with in the airliner compacity. This is the first payware airliner I've bought for FS. The systems are modelled well and the sounds are good from what I've seen of the real aircraft.The CDU/FMS seems to work nicely and seems comparable to the real thing and there are bountiful liveries that have been updated for use in FSX.The VC seems less than stellar as it is an FS9 port and fairly old but it is modelled well and most of the buttons are operational.The FPS hit isn't too bad compared to the default 737. As always, depends on where you fly, add-ons and settings.Download speeds from wilco seem slow relatively speaking, but after a beer and a puff it was ready.Overall, a nice package whilst one waits for the ng from pmdg although the PIC models the older 300-500 not newer models. I'm usually a GA flyer but as I'm apt to do at times, my attention wanders and I'm currently enjoying the big jets again.Ian.

Wills42, Thanks for the response. It is good to here that the FPS hit is minimal, I am fully expecting the NGX to tax my system, but my then I hope to have built a fresh one by then.Ian,that is good information there. I have to admit I have been a bit turned off by the screens of the VC, as I've been spoiled by RealAir's gages as of late, but I would like something decent to fly as far as the heavies are concerned, as the CS 757 turned out to be a dog, and some of the other stuff I purchased doesn't have much depth. I also am primarily a GA flyer, love Aerosoft's DH2C, Carenado's Stationair 206, and the Decathlon/Scout combo.

The feelThere PIC runs quite well in FSX, I also use the MADDOG 2006 which again runs real well in FSX.

>Any problems with it? I am considering this, but if anyone>has had major issues with it I'll wait for the NGX. From what>I've read it works pretty well with FS9. I get pretty decent>FPS with the default planes, and I'm running most of the>sliders to the middle left. >Thanks for any advice you may have.Runs great. Even on an older machine.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I fly the VC and the gauge update rate is as poor as it was in FS9. Also, there is a frame rate hit in the VC for me. Bob..

Guest RichUK

Don't bother with it. Wait for something better.Rich.

I find the VC gauge to be quite smooth on the contrary (maybe not as smooth as Reality XP gauges but enough to fly a instrument approach from the VC...). I fly this plane in FS X and Windows XP.Bob maybe you need to tweak with the gauge update rate in the setup program for the plane.Frame rate is about the same as the default 737 (VC fps may be even slighly higher than the default 737 VC !)Deniz

I agree Deniz. It's VC is fairly smooth on my rig (the text is hard to see though.) I did end up purchasing the 737PIC-300,400 & 500 after all was said of course, and although it has some issues, it is a fun and stable bird to fly. It is kind of funny, I started this thread almost a year ago and it is still getting responses, but what is really funny though is I actually thought that PMDG NGX would have been out by now. :D

Do not install if you have a working leveld 767 and intend to continue using it.Wilcos 737 PIC corrupts the xml.dll file in ways that do not conform to industry standards (opinion of developers of the PMDG 747).This will lead to panel initialisation errors with the 767 and you WILL regret that!Ignore if you do not intend to fly the 767Hope thats usefulJay

Guest diajohn2

I have the LDS 763, PMDG 747X and am running Vista. I installed and fly the 737PIC with no problem. I like the PIC almost as well as I liked the PMDG 737 series in FS9.

>Do not install if you have a working leveld 767 and intend to>continue using it.>>Wilcos 737 PIC corrupts the xml.dll file in ways that do not>conform to industry standards (opinion of developers of the>PMDG 747).>This will lead to panel initialisation errors with the 767 and>you WILL regret that!>>>Ignore if you do not intend to fly the 767>>Hope thats useful>>>JayThat didn't corrupt anything here like that. Must be a local thing.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest Toni Rauch

I have both installed and they're both fine.....Maybe the problem is with Vista?I'm still running XP and everything's OK here.Toni.

I don't know what tweaking I have missed, but my frame jumps from 25 to 14 as soon as go to the VC from the 2D panel. It was the same way in FS9 on XP. Plus the analog gauges are not smooth.