Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmilton

FSX-DX10 : 2nd Update

Thanks for the update Phil, so far so good.John

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Didn't understand a word, but I'm absolutely convinced that MS has the right guy running the show! I'd bet the ranch on it!!B. Scott

Phil...as me dear ole' departed pappy used to say:"You sir, are a prince!"Thanks,bt

As always, an informative look into the innards of FS development. Excellent update and looking forward to further updates.Thank you and job well done (at least half done anyway :) )Ian.

Is that a blurred texture I see in that last screen shot??:-eek Sorry Phil, I couldn't resist. :-hahAppreciate the updates,Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Guest tmilton

Thanks Phil. Appreciate that you're keeping us up to date on the update. :-cool

I love how blogs posts are so hit and run :-lolAnyway, I reckon it would be great if the DX10 patch came out in two flavours - one that leaves FSX graphics as it is and just optimises for the improved interface that DX10 offers (ie. performance boost), and the other attempts to render that beautiful artist's rendition of Seattle harbour that we saw late last year and bugger the FPS hit ;-)Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Didnt I say 3 weeks ago in my first FSX-DX10 post to expect a post every 2-3 weeks? I think that means by definition this is just on schedule, not hit and run.As cool as your idea sounds, realistically thats 2 products. That doesnt make sense. We are making 1 product, with 1 set of work items, 1 setup, and 1 test pass. That is what the plan is, that is all it is going to be.

Guest cbuchner1

Thanks, that was definitely more information that one would get from any other game developer.I'm actually surprised this info came from Microsoft. ;)Christian

Guest tmilton

>... and the other attempts to render that>beautiful artist's rendition of Seattle harbour that we saw>late last year and bugger the FPS hit ;-)I remember that rendition, and I was impressed by it to quite some extent. It would be awesome if that scene in the artist's mind would truly manifest itself in FSX with the release of DX10, but I have a feeling that we most likely won't be seeing such remarkable graphics when DX10 is finally delivered to us. I really hope I'm wrong, but maybe such an imagined improvement in the visual effects could have been excessive optimism on the part of the artist?Maybe in FS11 we'll see such stunning graphics?