Sign in to follow this  
sonny147

using IGPU for fenix performance

Hi guys, does the monitor that displays MSFS (in my case 43" LG 4k TV) need to be plugged into the motherboard in order to take advantage of using the IGPU on my 9900k?. I have both my screens plugged into the GPU ( 3080 ) and i don't see the option for using the IGPU ?, i have it set the GPU even though it warns me against it, the IGPU is turned on in bios ( maximus hero ) . is there another setting i am missing ?

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Always plug main gpu to monitor. You can choose integrated gpu for fenix but I think it takes care of it internally. If you plug IGpu to monitor then you will get less than 10 fps. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

To answer the question. No. Keep monitor plugged into your graphics card. Doesn’t have to be plugged into igpu. Fenix is just borrowing the graphics processing from the Igpu.  Regarding it not showing. Go to your device manager in windows. Is it disabled?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

You need to install the correct iGPU driver from Intel before you can see it as a gpu device and use it with the Fenix (I had to on my rig).

• Upvote 1

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I was about to type the same thing.

@sonny147 - Since you have an Asus MB, press the Windows key and type "AI". See if an application called "AI Suite" pops up. This is the Asus utility for updating the drivers. When you start the application, there will be a status screen. Usually on the left side (I have version 3 and it is), there will be a drop down / slide right menu. You should see "EZ Update". Run that, and it will scan your installation and let you know if you have missing or outdated MB drivers.

Edit: Double (triple) check to make sure the iGPU is active in BIOS before doing this. It won't install a driver if it is not active.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

guys all of you are/were right for some reason it was switched off in bios , its now on and i downloaded latest drivers from asus and now all is good , thanks fellas

• Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Hi,

I have an Asrock MB and my BIOS do not allow me to have both GPU and iGPU running at the same time.  Asrock told me to update BIOS but is it worth it  given it seems risky ?

Pierre

i would do it personally, but iam not you. if you comfortable updating bios it's no big thing does your MB have flashback facility?

10 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Hi,

I have an Asrock MB and my BIOS do not allow me to have both GPU and iGPU running at the same time.  Asrock told me to update BIOS but is it worth it  given it seems risky ?

Pierre

I had an Asrock in the past, and I seem to recall the BIOS update being relatively straight forward. Just for grins, I searched the internet for Asrock BIOS update and it took me to this page: https://asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=BIOS

Looking at the descriptions of the latest updates at the bottom, they all mention "Enhance iGPU performance.". So, given that your primary intent is to get the iGPU working so the Fenix can use it, I would absolutely recommend it if your MB is using one of those BIOSs.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Thank you both for your answers.

I am not sure what is flashback. There is a USB port I can use to update the BIOS without firing the computer it seems.

I will have a look at the link posted by MDFlier !

Pierre

i think flashback is ASUS thing, I to have a usb port for " flashback" updating the bios, even easier to do it in the bios over the internet if you have that option?