Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Problems with FS Realistic

I have discovered in the last few days, that with FS Realistic active, and this seems always on approach in the Fenix, the mouse zoom stops working. Sometimes you can switch views and it restarts, but other times you have to close FS Realistic, and instantly the zoom starts working again. This has been reported several times on their forum but it seems they are unable to fix it. Several people on the Fenix forum have stopped using it for this and other reasons. It's a shame this can't be fixed, since I do like some of the features of this add on. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I've not noticed that problem, but I have noticed something else since last FS Realistic update. Whenever I close down MSFS 2020, it will not actually shut down until I force FS Realistic to close.

• Like 3

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

25 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Several people on the Fenix forum have stopped using it for this

Me, too. What a pity, as it has some nice features in it as well.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I'm on SU11 beta, not sure if it's meant to be compatible, but it definitely isn't. 

I find it really messes up my controls - e.g. can't take off properly - elevators stop working, terrible turbulence effects etc.

I can shut it down ok though. And I've disabled it for the time being. 

I see the screen freeze when moving the mouse has stopped working. Hard to click on controls now in turbulence.

I am sticking with it though. Hopefully they will release some fixes after the SU11 update, and they are adding some great features like first person walk around mode for preflight inspection etc.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I haven't had any problems with it so far, but I doesn't use Fenix, I have it on autostart.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

3 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

I'm on SU11 beta, not sure if it's meant to be compatible, but it definitely isn't. 

I find it really messes up my controls - e.g. can't take off properly - elevators stop working, terrible turbulence effects etc.

I can shut it down ok though. And I've disabled it for the time being. 

I think that FSR had an update that fixed this, currently on the latest release I do not have this issue.

• Like 1

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

3 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

I've not noticed that problem, but I have noticed something else since last FS Realistic update. Whenever I close down MSFS 2020, it will not actually shut down until I force FS Realistic to close.

Same here. Have to force shut down each time since the last update.

Hmmm good point possibly;  I was on 2.06b1. Just downloaded 2.06 and it seems much better (in the Black Square KA). Not tried the Fenix yet though.

I've never had that problem.  I also cannot fly without FSRealistic anymore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

Same here. Have to force shut down each time since the last update.

Me three.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

3 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

Hmmm good point possibly;  I was on 2.06b1. Just downloaded 2.06 and it seems much better (in the Black Square KA). Not tried the Fenix yet though.

2.06 has been out for quite awhile. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

22 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have discovered in the last few days, that with FS Realistic active, and this seems always on approach in the Fenix, the mouse zoom stops working. Sometimes you can switch views and it restarts, but other times you have to close FS Realistic, and instantly the zoom starts working again. This has been reported several times on their forum but it seems they are unable to fix it. Several people on the Fenix forum have stopped using it for this and other reasons. It's a shame this can't be fixed, since I do like some of the features of this add on. 

I think I had this before! I cured by cycling views like external and then back to internal several times and then zoom would unfreeze! 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

18 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I think I had this before! I cured by cycling views like external and then back to internal several times and then zoom would unfreeze! 

Yes. sometimes that works for me, and once in awhile I have to close FSR down and restart it. Users have been complaining about this for quite awhile.