Sign in to follow this  
gavi25

Taxiway Bleed through at some airports

Hi Gavin,

It is unlikely to be the developers' fault - how can they possibly allow for other add-ons clashing? But they may be able to offer guidance, it might be worth contacting them.

I also doubt there is actually anything "wrong" with your setup, you need to consider what add-ons you have, and what you might have previously removed, perhaps leaving files in place by mistake. Perhaps temporarily disabling your other add-ons would help identify the issue, although it won't help if files have been replaced in default directories.

You certainly should not need to re-install Windows 10, but if you do decide to re-install FS you might want to keep a careful record of all add-ons, especially those that over-write default files.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

On 11/12/2022 at 9:28 AM, John Hinson said:

Hi Gavin,

It is unlikely to be the developers' fault - how can they possibly allow for other add-ons clashing? But they may be able to offer guidance, it might be worth contacting them.

I also doubt there is actually anything "wrong" with your setup, you need to consider what add-ons you have, and what you might have previously removed, perhaps leaving files in place by mistake. Perhaps temporarily disabling your other add-ons would help identify the issue, although it won't help if files have been replaced in default directories.

You certainly should not need to re-install Windows 10, but if you do decide to re-install FS you might want to keep a careful record of all add-ons, especially those that over-write default files.

John

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

When I get a texture bleed through at an addon airport, its impossible to rectify even with uninstalling and reinstalling (I always make sure I delete the whole addon folder to make sure no files are left behind)

I have started reinstalling FS9 this weekend. One thing I have noticed while installing addons is that sometimes there are different scenery.cfg files in the main FS9 root folder, namely NewScenery.cfg, OldScenery.cfg and Scenery.cfg.

I have started to delete the Scenery.cfg and OldScenery.cfg and rename NewScenery.cfg to Scenery.cfg as it seems to be the latest update cfg file according the the timestamp and I do this after every addon installed to make sure there are no errors in the layering. I presume its ok to rename NewScenery.cfg to Scenery.cfg 

Kind regards

Gavin Moss

Hi Gavin,

Those other files will have been added when an add-on has been installed, as a form of backup. Only scenery.cfg itself has an actual purpose. As you install more add-ons you may fine more variations of scenery.cfg backups, to the extent that they become worthless if you uninstall something as they won't take into account other add-ons subsequently installed. They can be ignored, best to use the Scenery Library manually if uninstalling anything.

Hope that makes sense, its easier to understand than write!

I wouldn't change any unless the instructions with the add-on tell you to. Generally, they do it for you during installation.

John

Edited by John Hinson

On 11/13/2022 at 2:06 PM, John Hinson said:

Hi Gavin,

Those other files will have been added when an add-on has been installed, as a form of backup. Only scenery.cfg itself has an actual purpose. As you install more add-ons you may fine more variations of scenery.cfg backups, to the extent that they become worthless if you uninstall something as they won't take into account other add-ons subsequently installed. They can be ignored, best to use the Scenery Library manually if uninstalling anything.

Hope that makes sense, its easier to understand than write!

I wouldn't change any unless the instructions with the add-on tell you to. Generally, they do it for you during installation.

John

Hi John,

Well I spent the last few days uninstalling and reinstalling all of FS9. Did a test flight today and all seemed fine so I did a longer flight and when I landed at MMMX, texture bleed through is back.

I have not added any 3rd party mesh or textures and been so careful to make sure the scenery.cfg is in order which it is.

The only thing that has happened today I've noticed is that my Nvidia GeForce had an update download ready. I do not have automatic Nvidia downloads in case I'm in the middle of simming. I have Nvidia GeForce Experience installed which I remember on my old pc i didn't because it caused memory problems.

Taxi2Gate I have contacted but their forum page is not working so cannot even see any suggestions there.

I am going to uninstall Nvidia GeForce experience and just have the drivers in case that is causing a problem somewhere.

If it is not related to Nvidia, I really don't know what to do, it's driving me so crazy at the moment.

Kind regards

Gavin Moss

I agree that is certainly a puzzle! I very much doubt any connection with Nvidia.

It rather looks as if Taxi2gate don't have a forum at the moment, but their Support menu offers email contact. Send a picture, and make it clear you have done a clean install and have no other add-ons to interfere.

John

1 hour ago, John Hinson said:

I agree that is certainly a puzzle! I very much doubt any connection with Nvidia.

It rather looks as if Taxi2gate don't have a forum at the moment, but their Support menu offers email contact. Send a picture, and make it clear you have done a clean install and have no other add-ons to interfere.

John

Hi John,

Thank you. I now have a problem with Imaginesim VIDP, same thing, texture bleed through and can't fix it.

Terrain settings in FS9.cfg fixed T2G MMMX but now have Imaginesim problem. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

I really feel like giving up and throwing my pc out the window, I've done nothing but testing for days and now another problem, I don't know what to do.

Kind regards

Gavin moss

Gavin,

Can you please name a few of your problem airports so that I can check if I also have any of them. If so, then I can check, firstly if I also had the same problems and if yes, how I was able to fix them.

Thanks and regards.

Hans

Gavin, in addition to what has already been mentioned, my additional 2 cents: many addon developers install an elevation flatten file in the scenery/world/scenery folder and often also modify files in the scenery/regional sceneries pertaining to the likes of South America, central North America, Eastern North America and etc; and accordingly, when installing and uninstalling sceneries, it is not only imperative to verify the addon scenery folder or wherever you have the scenery installed but also the default scenery folders, where the pertinent scenery installer may have modified the default files and may or may not have made a backup of the equivalent default files.

In any case, what I can recommend is to check for duplicate afcads (with likes scanafd) to verify you don't have conflicting afcads from a previous install and also to check for said modified files both in the scenery/world/scenery folder and in the scenery/regional scenery folder - the ADE file in the scenery/world scenery folder is usually found with the icao code of the airport and often a shortened abbreviation of the scenery developer  to help easily locate the pertinent file while the modified flattens or even the HL/HP files are more difficult to ascertain; however the latter becomes usually easier if you note the installation time and date as found in the created pertinent addon scenery folder, and you can try to match that with the modified files in the scenery/regional scenery folder and also look for any backups of said files with the likes of ORG/OFF/Default/BAK file extension and often the considerate developer will often include their name to indicate what scenery by which developer caused the default scenery bgl file to be modified and how it can be restored should you need to uninstall the scenery in question.

I hope the above helps, and I wish to reiterate, uninstalling and re-installing is not the issue here, instead you'd really have to know when installing a scenery, in your flight simulation install, precisely what files are installed where, what default files are being modified/replaced, and whether or not any relevant backups were made during installation of the pertinent addon scenery.

best!