Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

FS Realistic Walk-Around Mode Coming

37 minutes ago, tull said:

I had a walk around the Fenix A320 with the APU running last night with this new Fsrealistic feature and it was ok obviously cud be improved but as I walked towards the back of the plane it was just silent, I couldn’t hear the APU at all…why wud that be? If I zoomed around in drone mode then you cud hear it no problem…so I can’t weigh that one up!

A known issue to be corrected with aircraft external sounds.  They mention it in their demonstration video.  There are a few issues, but it is just a start.
I would just consider this walk-around mode to be 'early access', nowhere near finished yet, and to be developed over time.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I finally managed to map the controls, but every time I exit the aircraft my avatar either falls to the center of the earth or gradually floats higher. I'm unable to move or look around in either case.

Artifacts on standard planes (Caravan), had mouse lock up on new update. Msfs crashed in walk mode.

Not ready for prime time

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

Hey Captains,

• Your feedback is important - in case you are experiencing an issue, please also attach your log.txt and provide as much details as possible, this is our only way to get better for you.
  • Suggestion are welcomed also as usual.
  • Please note the first person limitations stated in our manual.

Cheers!

rkApps.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Denwagg said:

Artifacts on standard planes (Caravan), had mouse lock up on new update. Msfs crashed in walk mode.

Not ready for prime time

Well, it very clearly states in the manual that the feature is still in experimental mode. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wolfko said:

So what's the difference to drone mode?

• Camera height is bounded to earth elevation
  • Camera body walking/running movments
  • Footsteps sounds according to surface you are on
  • Avatar can be visible to enhance the 3rd person view
  • Flashlight can be turned on and off during night times
  • Easy control via mouse and keyboard same as any other FPS game

Cheers!

Minor suggestions but can we get the ability to use a red flashlight for night vision retention, and maybe optional sunglasses since a lot of guys wear 'em during the walk around?

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Never done a walkaround with my Headset on...will try that next time!

I'll be interested whether or not you have the same as me - it locked everything up as soon as I triggered the VR.  Once I disabled completely the VR (shut down the G2) it all freed up and the FS Realistic First Person stuff worked again.   I'm therefore assuming that it isn't yet ready for VR use - but would be very interested if you have a more successful result.

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, AJZip said:

Once I disabled completely the VR (shut down the G2) it all freed up and the FS Realistic First Person stuff worked again.

...and I should add - it's great in 2D!  🙂

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, AJZip said:

I'll be interested whether or not you have the same as me - it locked everything up as soon as I triggered the VR.  Once I disabled completely the VR (shut down the G2) it all freed up and the FS Realistic First Person stuff worked again.   I'm therefore assuming that it isn't yet ready for VR use - but would be very interested if you have a more successful result.

Oh i guess you misunderstood my post. I was referring to the Video above where the pilot does the walkarouond wearing his Headset. 😄

I was planning to buy FSR anyways so i think i'll give it a shot tonight after work.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 hour ago, Wolfko said:

So what's the difference to drone mode?

I like the FS Realistic feature better for walking, it has more of a connected to earth through gravity feeling than the default floaty drone cam or native eyepoint function.

With the FS Realistic mode and correct height you feel just how big the MSFS virtual world is in scale and distance.

It would take you literally forever to walk/run from say... Rio De Janeiro to Sao Paulo, and makes you appreciate the faster much more convenient luxury of flying to a destination.🤣

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

As a potential customer may i ask if FSR has any effect on FPS?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

35 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

My answer as an unbiased customer and user, which may count for more :biggrin:, is that it must impact performance to some degree, but for me it is so small that it is immeasurable - no problem at all. 
If it did, I wouldn't use it, as I am on the limit of 60fps so I need every frame. :laugh:

Although I class myself as an unbiased customer, meaning I have no connection with the developer, what I got, for what I paid, was more than my expectations, and I am grateful for the continued development and improvement of this product. 
I couldn't fly without it now as the aircraft seem so alive, and it is customisable to a fine degree.  Tweak it exactly to your taste!  

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

40 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I didn't feel an FPS tax with walk mode in either VR nor 2D, just the visual image/antialiasing degradation which the devs are aware of.

Which is a tell-tale sign of an antialiasing issue in sims/games when you start to see jaggies and some shimmer on the planes metallic surfaces during day and night.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2