Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

FS Realistic Walk-Around Mode Coming

7 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

My answer as an unbiased customer and user, which may count for more :biggrin:, is that it must impact performance to some degree, but for me it is so small that it is immeasurable - no problem at all. 
If it did, I wouldn't use it, as I am on the limit of 60fps so I need every frame. :laugh:

Although I class myself as an unbiased customer, meaning I have no connection with the developer, what I got, for what I paid, was more than my expectations, and I am grateful for the continued development and improvement of this product. 
I couldn't fly without it now as the aircraft seem so alive, and it is customisable to a fine degree.  Tweak it exactly to your taste!  

Well thanks for your reply! I gues the performance impact will be around the same as for example FS2Crew has. Which i am happily using with the FBW320 without noticing any impact.

What i have heard of FSR so far did sound very good and i'll surely try it!

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

6 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Well thanks for your reply! I gues the performance impact will be around the same as for example FS2Crew has. Which i am happily using with the FBW320 without noticing any impact.

What i have heard of FSR so far did sound very good and i'll surely try it!

Yes, I started on the free trial, and it sucked me in!  :laugh:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, I started on the free trial, and it sucked me in!  :laugh:

Thats the usual way 😄

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Does the addition of this feature (which I myself have no interest in) have any effect on the cockpit sounds (which I cannot fly without) ? Perhaps it could be made an install option to keep memory use down. Reason I say that is we all seem to be using up to 4 or 5 small simmconnected addons now, for this and for that, which might start adding up eventually.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I went to adjust the cabin volume in the new version, instant CTD as soon as I moved the slider. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I would like an option to invert the mouse for look up and down.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

32 minutes ago, flyhalf said:

Does the addition of this feature (which I myself have no interest in) have any effect on the cockpit sounds (which I cannot fly without) ? Perhaps it could be made an install option to keep memory use down. Reason I say that is we all seem to be using up to 4 or 5 small simmconnected addons now, for this and for that, which might start adding up eventually.

If I've understood the question correctly, no - the addition of the First Person walkabout has no impact at all on the other sounds, movements and adjustments through FSRealistic.  And, like the other aspects within the program, it is itself switch off-able

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Just a small one for rkApps of @FSRealistic  (well, you did ask 😉  ) :

First of all let me say: I love this addition to what was already a great, great addon.  If, sometime in the future, VR was a possibility then it would be the icing on the cake, but even having to come out of VR to go into the FSRealistic First Person view nevertheless adds SO much to the immersion already.  Being able to do the full external aircraft inspection as part of the checklist is such a great addition.

Linked with this, I have just had quite the most immersive VR flight yet - a complete blow-your-socks-off experience - of a short cross-country VR flight in the newly introduced 'stock' DC3, flying with live weather and landing at an airport I know IRL.

After shut-down of the aircraft, I switched out of VR to just walk around the magnificently modelled aircraft using the FXRealistic First Person facility...brilliant.  Walked round and towards those lovely radial engines - I could almost smell the oil!

Brilliant! 

But there is a small bug - as soon as the First Person walkabout is toggled, the tail dragging DC3 lifts its tail off the ground into a 'straight and level flight' mode (also with the main wheels a few inches off the ground too).  If that could be added to the list of fixes, it would be splendid.

Well done to you and your colleagues at FSRealistic.  It is a sublime addon 🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

20 minutes ago, AJZip said:

First of all let me say: I love this addition to what was already a great, great addon.  If, sometime in the future, VR was a possibility then it would be the icing on the cake, but even having to come out of VR to go into the FSRealistic First Person view nevertheless adds SO much to the immersion already.  Being able to do the full external aircraft inspection as part of the checklist is such a great addition.

Linked with this, I have just had quite the most immersive VR flight yet - a complete blow-your-socks-off experience - of a short cross-country VR flight in the newly introduced 'stock' DC3, flying with live weather and landing at an airport I know IRL.

After shut-down of the aircraft, I switched out of VR to just walk around the magnificently modelled aircraft using the FXRealistic First Person facility...brilliant.  Walked round and towards those lovely radial engines - I could almost smell the oil!

Brilliant! 

But there is a small bug - as soon as the First Person walkabout is toggled, the tail dragging DC3 lifts its tail off the ground into a 'straight and level flight' mode (also with the main wheels a few inches off the ground too).  If that could be added to the list of fixes, it would be splendid.

While its a tad annoying I can simply leave my VR headset on, get out of my flight chair setup and go sit at my keyboard/mouse desk and switch to walk mode, after I land and shut down my aircraft.

Had no idea adding ground collision would be so much of a night and day difference from the default drone cam/VR eyepoint method of walking around.🍻

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

5 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

While its a tad annoying I can simply leave my VR headset on, get out of my flight chair setup and go sit at my keyboard/mouse desk and switch to walk mode, after I land and shut down my aircraft.

If I try that, I walk into a wall/trip over a cupboard / knock over the monitor depending which way I turn 😃 

Used this with the Parallel 42 campout program. It was cool to walk around my camp. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WestAir said:

Minor suggestions but can we get the ability to use a red flashlight for night vision retention, and maybe optional sunglasses since a lot of guys wear 'em during the walk around?

Love those suggestion - added to our list - cheers.

4 hours ago, AJZip said:

I'll be interested whether or not you have the same as me - it locked everything up as soon as I triggered the VR.  Once I disabled completely the VR (shut down the G2) it all freed up and the FS Realistic First Person stuff worked again.   I'm therefore assuming that it isn't yet ready for VR use - but would be very interested if you have a more successful result.

We tested it only using the Quest 2 and it worked well, we will try to better understand the case for the G2. When you say locked up, you could still move yourself using mouse and keyboard? Or nothing moved regardless what you do.

3 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

As a potential customer may i ask if FSR has any effect on FPS?

On low/min-end machines we got reports of 0-3 fps drop, on high-end machine 0-1.5 fps, on first perosn mode expect 5-10 fps loss. In our tests we don't see any drop.

1 hour ago, flyhalf said:

No effect on cockpit sounds.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I went to adjust the cabin volume in the new version, instant CTD as soon as I moved the slider. 

Please see if it happens again - if so, please shoot us an email to fsrealistic@gmail.com with the log.txt found under fsr folder

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

I would like an option to invert the mouse for look up and down.

Interesting, we actually thought about it too, we will add it to suggestions list

47 minutes ago, AJZip said:

Brilliant! 

Many thanks Captain !! 🙂 The taildragger issue is indeed a known issue and is caused due to a SDK limitation we were not able to find a workaround to.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, FSRealistic said:

We tested it only using the Quest 2 and it worked well, we will try to better understand the case for the G2. When you say locked up, you could still move yourself using mouse and keyboard? Or nothing moved regardless what you do

That sounds hopeful!  I assumed VR hadn't been included yet.  I'm pretty sure everything jammed up until I shutdown the headset but I will have another go tomorrow and feed back some more useful details 🙂

In the meantime, if anyone reading this has got a Reverb to run OK, can you let us know  - could be just my set up.

Hello.

It doesn't work for me. Whichever key I assign (keyboard or joystick) nothing happens.

The log also does not show the keypress event. However, I posted on the FsRealistic forum.

Edited by igorbischi

Igor Bischi

19 hours ago, AJZip said:

That sounds hopeful!  I assumed VR hadn't been included yet.  I'm pretty sure everything jammed up until I shutdown the headset but I will have another go tomorrow and feed back some more useful details 🙂

In the meantime, if anyone reading this has got a Reverb to run OK, can you let us know  - could be just my set up.

I stand corrected @FSRealistic !   Tried VR in the Reverb G2 again this evening and this time it worked a treat 🙂.  I must have had some residual data 'baggage' on my first attempt.

Excellent.

• Like 1