Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

FS Realistic Walk-Around Mode Coming

Here is my take:

1. Definitely still a work in progress, but has lots of potential.
2. Textures appear jittery and jaggie when walking around
3. Don't like the 3rd person mode. 
4. Some akwardness when manipulating buttons and the mouse. Noticed quite a bit of lag in terms of responsiveness. 
5. After a while of walking around in the cabin of the 737, I noticed a significant frame rate drop. 

A lot of it is probably due to me running the sim on a low-low-low-end PC.

I like it, and can only improve in time.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

On 11/14/2022 at 5:36 PM, FSRealistic said:

Love those suggestion - added to our list - cheers.

We tested it only using the Quest 2 and it worked well, we will try to better understand the case for the G2. When you say locked up, you could still move yourself using mouse and keyboard? Or nothing moved regardless what you do.

On low/min-end machines we got reports of 0-3 fps drop, on high-end machine 0-1.5 fps, on first perosn mode expect 5-10 fps loss. In our tests we don't see any drop.

No effect on cockpit sounds.

Please see if it happens again - if so, please shoot us an email to fsrealistic@gmail.com with the log.txt found under fsr folder

Interesting, we actually thought about it too, we will add it to suggestions list

Many thanks Captain !! 🙂 The taildragger issue is indeed a known issue and is caused due to a SDK limitation we were not able to find a workaround to.

Now using the Beaver on floats and Return to Misty Moorings. I am on a wooden dock doing a side inspection walk.  It would be great to have a steps on wooden Deck wave file added to the Data/Sounds folder. I do not know if this possible. The sim would need to know I am walking on a wooden dock deck (found some dock walking sounds online).  Anyway, just thought and thanks for your product. 

I absolutely love the new feature!   But..... for me, the (apparant) loss of all AA/AF when going into Avatar mode is a killer.  Perhaps it's worse at my end as I'm using an older GPU.  I have seen some YT vids where the jaggies didn't look too bad.   For me, I have TAA and quite high AA settings in MSFS; lovely and smooth.   But when I go to FSR Avatar mode, I appear to lose all AA/AF - it's a real jaggie nightmare!

Hoping this can be worked around.

In the meantime, I'm still using it for walkarounds and love it!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

9 hours ago, 69Yanks said:

Now using the Beaver on floats and Return to Misty Moorings. I am on a wooden dock doing a side inspection walk.  It would be great to have a steps on wooden Deck wave file added to the Data/Sounds folder. I do not know if this possible. The sim would need to know I am walking on a wooden dock deck (found some dock walking sounds online).  Anyway, just thought and thanks for your product. 

I found a good sound file and it works best when substituting the water steps. Most of the seaplane docks are in the water so when simulating a walk around, the water steps play. By changing the water step sound to walking on boat dock, the effect is good. 

This thing completely messed up my camera, it centers my mouse on the screen and I can't click anything. Uninstalled. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

This thing completely messed up my camera, it centers my mouse on the screen and I can't click anything. Uninstalled. 

I do not know if this will help you, but I assigned a keyboard key to the Toggle Button under the First Person Settings - Experimental. Press it one to activate the walk mode. That does put your mouse cursor in the center. You can then use the mouse to turn your direction if so desired or just start walking.  After you had your walk, hit the same toggle button and you are back in the cockpit. I I use the <  than key for my goggle. Any keyboard or flight key works.  

In walk mode, the mouse cannot be  used to click things. 

Edited by 69Yanks