Sign in to follow this  
Highmike

Thumbnail problem...need help.

I downloaded an absolutely great Cessna 100hp 150 with a realistic dirty exterior. It's saved in my download file now, but I deleted it from FSX because it really "screwed up" my Thumbnails. It placed itself there so that it moved the names of my other planes up 1 and 2 spaces so that they were the incorrect names on the planes they pictured. I did use the "Autothumbnail" program available here at Avsim but that didn't work.Any one have this problem? Stan

I had this problem when I installed the Wilco 777, all the thumbnails alphabetically after the Boeing 777 were displaced by one position. It turned out to be a missing thumbnail for one of the paints, so I just loaded the plane next to it in the list and took the thumbnail pic myself. The Wilco 777 came with an installer, which is where I expect the fault was. Did your Cessna have an installer?Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Yes. It was from a French site, and had an installer. Autothumbnail, the program available in the AVSIM library, is supposed to take the picture, but I couldn't get it to work with this plane for some reason. Stan

I think you can solve this one Stan. Have a look in your texture folder for each paint and see how many thumbnails are missing. Then in the Select Aircraft dialogue look for where these paints should be listed and select that plane, the plane shown will be the one following the ones which should be there in the list but select it anyway, you'll know you've got the right one when you return to the Free Flight dialogue. Load it up, take a pic and save in your texture folder. For some reason the grey default missing thumbnail graphic is missing in the Select Aircraft dialogue, so the next plane in the sequence is shown instead.Good luck.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

OK...I'm going to try to follow what you wrote. Seems a little complicated but I think I can do it. Stan

By the way Stan, if you take your pic with the "V" key FS will save it as a .bmp, but you'll have to use a paint programme such as Paint to convert this to a .jpg. The thumbnails are all .jpg.Mike.

Mike Beckwith