Sign in to follow this  
LRBS

PMDG 737

Another bad experience at PMDG resulted in removing a post for the same broken record "The posts were removed as they were an attack towards the beta and developer teams"

This is related to their last broken update affecting the majority of the customers and their dissatisfaction.

Granted, after so many complaints coming in, they decided that certain items will be attended to. So far so good, nothing to argue about. While all these discussions were going on legitime questions, it was brought up  "We want to know how all these gremlins crept through the latest update?"
Another topic that surfaced was related to over-sensitive pitch and bank reaction for their 737 models. 
Many years ago I used to fly the real 737-400 for about one year, before transitioning to other equipment. To be very honest PMDG model is not quite there, but not as much off as some are complaining.
Immediately, as usual, as it happens on their forum, some of the "beta testers" with obviously limited knowledge couldn't accept the people's findings and got upset about valid questions and start jumping on customers. 

Based on these discussions I felt the need to say this:
=======================================

I think that we need an honest discussion about what is going on here.

I will start first with ASOBO, their aircraft psychics are not entirely correct.

Their SDK narrative is not clear enough and subject to misunderstandings. 

Because one of their guys got recently a pilot license in a small airplane, they think that all airplanes fly like that. For some unknown reason, they take into consideration inputs from "some" CFI/instructors, owners of small airplanes with very little hours and flight experience, pilots familiar with only 2 or 3  small aircraft types and they believe that all fly like that.

Unfortunately, all this very limited knowledge shows all across their airplanes.

Talking about pitch, roll, rudder, tiller, and thrust complaints. 
I cannot emphasize enough proper calibration in windows and MSFS, conflict assignments with each unit, mouse, keyboard, and different add-ons that might interfere. 

I would adventure myself here with the following statement regarding the feel of the PMDG 737, I find the airplane in need of fine flight tuning, it has obviously a light feel. It can be done very easily.

I find it very interesting how certain people got upset about a legitimate question regarding how this update made it through without noticing all these apparent problems. 

It would be very nice if we can keep an open mind and see how this product can be improved for the benefit of all.
==============================================

After the above posting (that is taken off now) some customers also raised the question about the "beta team involvement'' and why all the problems were not spotted before the release.
While I was part of  "the beta team" for other developers I encountered similar situations, questions where people had the impression that we had any saying in when the software will be released or the quality of the product.

Based on my past experience I said if anything else is the problem of the developer's decision maker to release the product and that it might be an issue with the quality control.

My post was taken down immediately and taken as an attack on the PMDG beta and developers team.

Despite others customers objections to this unrealistic decision and my request there is an obvious harassment against people that strongly disagree with their way of doing business.
===============================================

Chris, this is quite beyond disappointing.

I would really like you to put back my post and point to me step by step and show me where is that attack happening.

It would be very helpful for everybody to see what qualifies an attack.

I would like to apologize if it is any misunderstanding and I don't feel comfortable at all being accused of attacking someone.

Thank you.
===============================================
So this is my "short story" and big disapoitment.

Edited by LRBS

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090