Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Some products are regressing with each update

You seem to suffer from the same sickness I do. I call it old-man-persistence-syndrom OMPS. When something changes, I tend to like the previous version better. But actually, the sound in the cockpit is now a lot more realistic in the Fenix, as well as the engine sounds. Also, the effects in FS Realistic are now better tuned in my personal book. But only, after I got used to it and changed them to the defaults.

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

48 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

PMDG worsened a bit in the last update especially regarding autopilot and autothrottle behaviour, but I think they are aware and hopefully a fix is coming soon. 

I can second that. Just started flying the 737 some days ago because FBW is no joy at the moment due to their stutter issue.

So the 737 is great fun to fly and makes me feel nostalgic with all those buttons and dials.

But especially the autothrottle issue is a bit nerve wrecking at the moment. But i'm sure it will be ironed out soon.

Edited by ThomseN_inc
typo
  • Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I prefer the Fenix as it is now compared to what it was at release time.

There were aspects missing or incomplete/inconsistent that were meanwhile fine tuned and are now notoriously better as oposed to when I first installed and used it months ago - engine out is one of those, just to name one!

The last update also made cleared that strange rocking wing quirk I was experiencing on some landings. Didn't repeat afterwards, and I did land a couple times with a good x-wind component.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It's not an Avsim complaint thread without blaming Xbox or its users. 

• Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

7 hours ago, Dillon said:

1.  Fenix A320 - Version 1.0.2.104 had great sounds a nice flight model and overall was a great product.  With each subsequent update the sounds were reworked for the XBOX gamers among us. Now when in the cockpit it sounds like you're sitting right over the engines as if you're in the cabin.  Actually, moving to the cabin still sounds right compared to what you hear in the cockpit.  The latest update brighten the cockpit to accommodate some among us who feel cockpits are too dark now.  For those of us that don't share this view it looks washed out now.  These are just two examples, but the list goes on with this product.  Honorable mention would be the flight model that took the product back instead of forward when it comes to flares upon landing.  There were some nice advances along the way but overall, what was released originally was better.

I'm not sure how much time you've spent on a A320s flight deck with the engines switched on but all I will say is that the crew use noise cancelling headsets for a reason. 

Re the FM, well - https://youtu.be/ocWDdm825B0?t=6124

What was released was far from perfect in the FM department, with flap drag values being all over the shop. This is a significantly more accurate FM from a quantitative perspective, but also qualitative as noted by V1 above. 

• Like 7

Aamir Thacker

8 hours ago, Dillon said:

Anyone notice some add-ons are actually getting worse with each new updated compared to what was originally released?  Two examples stand out to me:

1.  Fenix A320 - Version 1.0.2.104 had great sounds a nice flight model and overall was a great product.  With each subsequent update the sounds were reworked for the XBOX gamers among us. Now when in the cockpit it sounds like you're sitting right over the engines as if you're in the cabin.  Actually, moving to the cabin still sounds right compared to what you hear in the cockpit.  The latest update brighten the cockpit to accommodate some among us who feel cockpits are too dark now.  For those of us that don't share this view it looks washed out now.  These are just two examples, but the list goes on with this product.  Honorable mention would be the flight model that took the product back instead of forward when it comes to flares upon landing.  There were some nice advances along the way but overall, what was released originally was better.

I couldn't disagree more. I think the latest update was a good one. I never understood the dark cockpits discussion because I always thought that the cockpit looked perfect to me. To be completely honest, I don't really see a change after the update. If anything, I think the scenery looks a little too bright and washed out now. I don't even know when that might have changed. I'm in SU11 so I expect weird stuff to happen every now and then. At any rate, I'm loving where the Fenix is at the moment, same with the 737 and 738.  

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Well the verdict is in, maybe it's just me.😏😎

Thanks all for the feedback.👍

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

10 hours ago, Dillon said:

With each subsequent update the sounds were reworked for the XBOX gamers among us.

You look too young to be going full Bob already....

Don't go full Bob on us...🤣

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Anyone notice some add-ons are actually getting worse with each new updated compared to what was originally released?  Two examples stand out to me:

1.  Fenix A320 - Version 1.0.2.104 had great sounds a nice flight model and overall was a great product.  With each subsequent update the sounds were reworked for the XBOX gamers among us.

The Fenix A320 is the best it's ever been, especially when it comes to the flight model. Also it is not supported on XBox given the need for the external executable, so not sure what your "XBOX gamers" comment is all about. And if that was an attempt at disparaging XBox users, well there are just as many Serious Simmers ™️ on XBox as there are on PC, and a lot of PC simmers have lesser hardware prowess than XBox, so these narratives are silly and tired 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Never got the hype about FSRealistic to begin with. Just sounded like some WAV from 2003 being played at opportune times with a really terrible interface. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

....Now when in the cockpit it sounds like you're sitting right over the engines as if you're in the cabin.  Actually, moving to the cabin still sounds right compared to what you hear in the cockpit.  ...

I dont have the Fenix but what you described there I have experienced in other planes, from FSX, MSFS and XP11.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. When I fly as a pax on heavy airliners I like sitting in one of the last rows so I can be well behind the wing for a good view - and I like the loud powerful exhaust roar too.

As you walk up the aisle towards the front that roar diminishes and even sitting beside a GE90 is a more gentle whine+wind. While on the flight deck its mostly wind.

So to hear immense exhaust roar while in the pilots seats on an Airbus or Boeing does spoil the immersion for me. Getting the sound right really adds to the fun!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

I have had the opposite experience with the Fenix A320. I feel it has gotten better and better and I have done a ton of flights with it and all the new upgrade stuff is working really well for me. 

Lee

Except for the "bouncy update" where it would catapult 50 feet in the air after touchdown, I think it's in a pretty good state right now.

Only thing I noticed - and that's a minor issue - the ailerons seem not to be in the correct position before engine start (when there is no hydraulic pressure). They should be deflected all the way downwards, but they seem to be only slightly downwards.

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

21 minutes ago, styckx said:

Never got the hype about FSRealistic to begin with. Just sounded like some WAV from 2003 being played at opportune times with a really terrible interface. 

FS realistic ups the immersion level for me, and I wouldn't fly without it. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

While I just purchased the Fenix earlier this month, I can comment on the flight deck brightness issue, having just recalibrated my monitors for some photography work. As far as I can see, the light level is about right given the visual model provided by Asobo. Getting a pleasing dynamic range isn't easy (and it has been endlessly discussed on this forum), so to some extent this is quite subjective, but I recall aircraft in other sims that had instrument panel regions that looked like black holes.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

11 hours ago, Dillon said:

Fenix A320 - Version 1.0.2.104 had great sounds a nice flight model and overall was a great product.  With each subsequent update the sounds were reworked for the XBOX gamers among us. Now when in the cockpit it sounds like you're sitting right over the engines as if you're in the cabin.

Just dial back your main MSFS engine volume slider.  I use 85 for the Fenix.  I do think they should put volume sliders in the EFB like FBW did for wind and engine sounds even though this is adjustable through MSFS settings.  They could have a 'default' that is their realistic setting and then everyone can adjust to their liking. I think their latest sound update is exponentially better than the first version.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11