Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Baggage cart?

What makes (triggers) the baggage cart disconnect and go away.I am not parked at a jetway.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest Bizub4

I think it's on a timer but I have not timed.There is like 5 FS minutes between the time they start moving towards your aircraft till they start moving away.

Open the baggage door and wait. Close the door and they will go away. Not all parking spaces have carts/conveyers.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

They did go away.I closed the forward baggage door.When the forward door just closed they came back.They drove the conveyor belt right through the fuselage (door)!They will not "stay" away!

Best Regards,

What Plane are you talking about?There are some default FSX planes where the forward baggage door is on the left side of the plane. This causes the conveyor to travel through the plane and attach to the door in a backward position.Concerning the conveyor coming back several times is a timing issue.The conveyor is based on a 2 tier program in FSX. Time is one tier and baggage door open/close (does not matter) is the other tier.When you open the baggage door this triggers the conveyor to approach the plane. If you allow the time to expire (about 5 min.) the conveyor returns to its parking spot (baggage door still open). When you go to close the baggage door this once again triggers the conveyor to move toward the plane. Conveyor does not know the difference between open or close which uses a trigger.The proper procedure is to close the baggage door before the 5 minutes times out. This will send the conveyor back to its parking spot and not return to your plane.

Level-D 763.Two cargo doors on the right side.As soon as the conveyor pulled back (away) I closed the door. Before I pushed back they had returned and entered with the door closed.

Best Regards,