Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

November 10th, 2022 MSFS Development Update

November 10th, 2022 Development Update

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Parorng-Forum.jpg

Screenshot by Parorng (Forum)

Tomorrow we will be releasing the free 40th Anniversary Edition update to Microsoft Flight Simulator. This is the biggest update to MSFS since its initial release in 2020, and it has been a huge labor of love and source of pride for the development team. To our millions of loyal fans and sim pilots, from those who have been with us since the start with MSFS 1.0 way back in 1982, to those who embarked on their first simulated flight with the latest version in 2020, thank you for being part of this journey with us. The sky is calling!

The 40th Anniversary Edition update will be released at 8am PST (1600Z) on Friday. See this chart for the release time in various different global cities. The size of the update will be about 22 GiB (for Premium Deluxe) and users will require 40 GiB of free space. Release notes will be made available at launch time, as will an update to our Known Issues list.

As a friendly reminder, those players who are taking part in the optional SU11 beta test will be migrated to the new release build approximately one hour after it goes live.

MSFS Team

Smooth-Development-Banner-GIF.gif

Development Roadmap

Click here for the web-friendly version.

Slide1.png

Feedback Snapshot

Please see the October 27th Development Update for the latest version of the Feedback Snapshot. Click here for the web-friendly version of the Feedback Snapshot.

Marketplace Update

Click here for the web-friendly version of the Marketplace Update.

There are 12 new and 18 updated products in the Marketplace today. Marketplace updates generally go live on Thursdays between the release of this blog post and 5pm PT.

We will be releasing another set of product updates tomorrow on November 11th after the 40th Anniversary Edition launches.

12 NEW PRODUCTS: 7 ON PC, 5 ON XBOX
thumbnail_image001-1.png

New on PC

image004.png

New on PC and Xbox

image005.png

New on PC and Xbox

thumbnail_image006-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

image007.png

New on PC and Xbox

thumbnail_image008-1.png

New on PC and Xbox

thumbnail_image009-1.png

New on PC

18 UPDATED PRODUCTS: 9 ON PC, 9 ON XBOX
image010.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

thumbnail_image011-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

thumbnail_image012-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

thumbnail_image013-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

thumbnail_image014-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

thumbnail_image015-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

thumbnail_image016-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

thumbnail_image017-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

thumbnail_image018-1.png

Updated on PC and Xbox

banner-1.svg

Twitch Update

Stream_Schedule-1.png

We have an action-packed week of streams ahead of us that will feature a variety of different content that is being introduced in the 40th Anniversary Update! Keep an eye out on our socials for more information about each stream.

Community Fly-In

It’s the view that launched the flight simming careers of tens of millions of aviation fans: a Cessna ready for takeoff at the end of Chicago’s Meigs Field runway 36. This airport was the default starting location for every version of MSFS up to MSFS 2004. As part of the 40th Anniversary Edition update, we are bringing Meigs Field back by popular demand from the community. Join us this week for a flight in the US Midwest as we fly over Chicago and then onwards to Detroit.

Please note the time change. With the end of Daylight Savings Time, Community Fly-In Friday events will now start at 2000Z.

Event details here. All are welcome to participate!

Meigs_Field_FlyIn.png

Community Video

Normally we use this section to highlight a video from one of the many talented content creators from our player community, but this week we’ve decided to make a very rare exception and showcase one of our own videos from the Official Microsoft Flight Simulator YouTube channel. To celebrate the release of the 40th Anniversary Edition, take a look back in time at the entire history of this storied franchise, from the primitive black & white display in MSFS 1.0, to the first version to include 3d accelerated graphics in MSFS 98, to the technical marvel of the current 2020 version.

Screenshot Challenge

You can submit your screenshot via Twitter with #MSFSchallenge or the Weekly Forum Post! This week’s screenshot challenge: Helicopters

This past week our Screenshot Challenge was 40 Years of MSFS

Zeanuck-Forum.jpeg

Screenshot by Zeanuck (Forum)

YusufWardana-Forum.jpg

Screenshot by YusufWardana (Forum)

TimHendrik-Forum.jpg

Screenshot by TimHendrik (Forum)

Stearman948713-Forum.jpg

Screenshot by Stearman948713 (Forum)

ScenicAtol37419-Forum.jpg

Screenshot by ScenicAtol37419 (Forum)

pommes_l-Twitter-1-scaled.jpeg

Screenshot by pommes_l (Twitter)

MihamaBlend-Twitter-1.jpeg

Screenshot by MihamaBlend (Twitter)

Martin89HH-Forum.jpg

Screenshot by Martin89HH (Forum)

MarkoRamius5946-Forum.jpg

Screenshot by MarkoRamius5946 (Forum)

Johnny_aircargo-Twitter-1.jpeg

Screenshot by Johnny_aircargo (Twitter)

IronWings_VP-Twitter.jpeg

Screenshot by IronWings_VP (Twitter)

Ikulin09-Twitter-1.jpeg

Screenshot by Ikulin09 (Twitter)

argavirtual-Twitter.jpeg

Screenshot by argavirtual (Twitter)

NEXT DEVELOPMENT BLOG UPDATE – November 17th, 2022

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Well i just watched the above video and can say that there is one thing that has never changed since 1982. Framerates have always been all over the place.:D

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Ahhh Dream scenery it wouldn't be be the the same without your input EVERY update.... Gits....

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

14 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

Ahhh Dream scenery it wouldn't be be the the same without your input EVERY update.... Gits....

In case you are referring to my post i don't think i have ever commented on any update before. But ok.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Well i just watched the above video and can say that there is one thing that has never changed since 1982. Framerates have always been all over the place.:D

In the 80s and early 90s framerates below 10 fps were quite normal for games with 3D graphics. I remember Solo Flight and Elite on the Commodore 64, and on the Commodore Amiga I played F-15 Strike Eagle II, Fighter Bomber, F19 Stealth Fighter... 

Nowadays I prefer 40-50 fps for flying, and more for fast-paced games. 

• Like 3

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

2 minutes ago, pstrub said:

In the 80s and early 90s framerates below 10 fps were quite normal for games with 3D graphics. I remember Solo Flight and Elite on the Commodore 64, and on the Commodore Amiga I played F-15 Strike Eagle II, Fighter Bomber, F19 Stealth Fighter... 

Nowadays I prefer 40-50 fps for flying, and more for fast-paced games. 

Yes i remember playing happily wihout even thinking of FPS or smoothness...happy years those times have been!

• Like 1

I have to admit it IS AN AMAZING FLIGHT SIMULATOR, and a beautiful History with just a slight hiatus around 2012.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I must declare. Seeing the journey. Where we are today, one cannot help but to find emotions of joy seeping through. 

• Like 5

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

3 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

In case you are referring to my post i don't think i have ever commented on any update before. But ok.

It's a reference to the developer 'Dreamscenery' who appears to be a shovelware creator. Plenty of those about, flooding the MS Marketplace and Simmarket with quantity, rather than quality.
$5.99 for two liveries and $9.99 for a single city's street lighting is... pricey.

9 minutes ago, spearmint_flyer said:

I must declare. Seeing the journey. Where we are today, one cannot help but to find emotions of joy seeping through. 

Likewise!
Our hobby has come a long way. The sim world needs a lot less suspension of belief than was needed even 4 years ago, never mind 40!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

24 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

It's a reference to the developer 'Dreamscenery' who appears to be a shovelware creator. Plenty of those about, flooding the MS Marketplace and Simmarket with quantity, rather than quality.
$5.99 for two liveries and $9.99 for a single city's street lighting is... pricey.

Got it! Thanks!

B62F5530-DAB1-4788-995A-8133121CA22B.gif

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 hours ago, jcomm said:

I have to admit it IS AN AMAZING FLIGHT SIMULATOR, and a beautiful History with just a slight hiatus around 2012.

And one red headed step-child 'MS Flight' not mentioned. 💣

• Like 2

I think the awesome scenery is fantastic, but until the fix a few major problems it's very frustrating to me. Two problems are the turboprop engine and prop performance, and the dark instrument panels drive me crazy. Are these basic problems fixed in the latest update???

Edited by steves53

Panels have been fixed but I don't know about prop performances.

Edited by Harold_Finch

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's