Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

It's Alive!

Anyone else with AMD graphics card also experiencing heavy stutters with the new version? The old version was butter smooth, but with the update my sim became virtually unusable.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

12 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Anyone else with AMD graphics card also experiencing heavy stutters with the new version? The old version was butter smooth, but with the update my sim became virtually unusable.

I'm having a RX480 8GB. Runs fine with me on med-high settings.

Disclaimer: I've only flown gliders in SU11 yet.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

17 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Working fine here with a 6800XT, all Ultra 200/200 @ 2560x1440.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

16 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Try DX12 beta is much smoother for me.

5 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Try DX12 beta is much smoother for me.

DX12 was perfect for me in SU10. But now just a horrible stutter fest...

• Like 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Runs Fine no stutters

6800xt / OC to 2470-2575 Mhz / S.A.M On /Radeon Driver 22.10.3

Sim set to

DX 12 - Ultra - TLD 250 At  3440x1440p Resolution with Scaling 115% (Locked via Radeon chill @ 50fps)

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

3 minutes ago, Maxis said:

DX 12 - Ultra - TLD 250 At  3440x1440p Resolution with Scaling 115%

Have you tried FSR2?

1 minute ago, carlito777 said:

Have you tried FSR2?

I have but i think for my system the limiting factor is the CPU so i get no real frame rate benefit and i prefer the sharpness of TAA. If my Monitor was 4k then i think then FSR would make a difference. But as of now for 1440P i have headroom with the graphics card which allows me to increase the renderscale for even better image quality. In addition to that FSR gave me a little bit of artifacting in the engine spinners of the pmdg 737 when i tested it out and has a slightly blurry presentation that required a bit of sharpening. (If i had a weaker card i would gladly use it though)

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Into the Blue Simulations' take on MSFS 40th anniv edition:

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, carlito777 said:

You did not by chance observe the heavy stuttering using the A310? This plane has currently a WASM compiler bug that affects some users resulting in ridiculous performance. I initially thought that something completely broke my sim until I read about the issue.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

This sim has matured and solidified into a hugely stable experience for me now, occasional stutter but for the most part extremely smooth and enjoyable, even in the large airports. 

I think largely to the fact that this kind of ambition to fully simulate the entire world from an aviation sense has only really been possible with the latest gen CPU's and GPU's.

Yes results will vary but the large majority now seems to be experiencing a sweet spot between demand vs capability. Combine that with all these little things (AI mods, realistic mods etc) just adds further tiny increments to the whole level of immersion. 

• Like 3

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Im on Steam, the update was flawless, came down the pipe pretty fast too despite the servers being hammered.

16 hours ago, carlito777 said:

DX12 was perfect for me in SU10. But now just a horrible stutter fest...

Me too!

Regards

• Like 1

17 hours ago, carlito777 said:

I've found when using the Fenix I need to clear the Shaders Cache in the AMD Adrenaline driver before I start each flight and it seems to help. Otherwise my frames are in teh teens...

• Like 1