Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

It's Alive!

These service update sizes are ridiculous...I'm going to be deleting a ton of bloat. 

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

The VHHX and TNCM airport sceneries are actually not bad at all, I'd say about MK Studios quality.

I think I'll keep them until FlyTampa releases their TNCM scenery 👍

25 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

The VHHX and TNCM airport sceneries are actually not bad at all, I'd say about MK Studios quality.

I think I'll keep them until FlyTampa releases their TNCM scenery 👍

Gonna compare the Asobo VHHX with my RedWing version and see which one I'll keep.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 minute 30sec load time which is good to see, hope that stays around

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

DX 11 or 12 guys? Whatts the verdict? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, rutra said:

You don't need to repeat yourself, you already wrote on page 10 but I understand it's that age...

You a new moderator?

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

DX 11 or 12 guys? Whatts the verdict? 

I liked DX 11 in Sim update 10. But now in SU11 beta and full release, I'm always using DX12 (the issues I had with DX12, have gone away). But DX is so complicated there are probably a bug or two still around in the new Direct X, but I haven't noticed any. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

thanks very much for the heads up,

are there more updates besides the A310 that you mentioned?

I only saw 4. Two were in content manager (Japan update, I forget the other one). And two in marketplace (DC-3 and A310). 

I think you are supposed to close the sim after installing them and then reboot it. Before I did that, I had issue (stutters in side views, controller conking out mid flight). But rebooting MSFS cured all of that. 

I think the issue is letting MSFS read everything anew in community and official as it installs them on bootup.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I found the free Enhanced DC-3 in the Marketplace & I downloaded 10 Gb of it.

But I don't know what the "Enhancements" are. 

Anyone know?

T45

7 hours ago, steve 86 said:

xplane and p3d lol 

Lol!!!!!

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

I found the free Enhanced DC-3 in the Marketplace & I downloaded 10 Gb of it.

But I don't know what the "Enhancements" are. 

Anyone know?

T45

Texture resolution mostly. For the A310, seat back screens in the cabin as well.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Texture resolution mostly. For the A310, seat back screens in the cabin as well.

Ok

DC-3, 6GB of texture resolution? Seems a lot.

I think I might wait for more liveries

T45

18 hours ago, tweekz said:

What I'm having troubles with is landing. In the tutorial it tells me to land with 100-130km/h, but when I try to flare without spoilers out it feels like I could take a 3km runway to settle. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to land with spoilers out?

Yes, you approach and land with spoilers out. On approach you hold the approach speed by pitch and use the spoilers to control the sink rate. When flaring the spoilers stay out - otherwise the glider will float in ground effect for very long. Don't change the position of the spoilers in the flare and just use the elevator to settle down. I remember when I flew gliders IRL I almost fully pulled out the spoilers as soon as I cleared the last obstacles and held it there until rollout - but that may depend on glider type and local practice.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Yes, you approach and land with spoilers out. On approach you hold the approach speed by pitch and use the spoilers to control the sink rate. When flaring the spoilers stay out - otherwise the glider will float in ground effect for very long. Don't change the position of the spoilers in the flare and just use the elevator to settle down. I remember when I flew gliders IRL I almost fully pulled out the spoilers as soon as I cleared the last obstacles and held it there until rollout - but that may depend on glider type and local practice.

Thank you, very insightful!

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved