Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

TNCM St. Maarten with SU11

The Gaya version doesn't have the sand blast jet wash craving beachgoers like AWD...

• Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

7 hours ago, mikegrr said:

Supposedly this add-on is compatible with the SU11 version. I'm not sure what it adds. Worth a try I think.

https://flightsim.to/file/5518/saint-martin-tncm-tffg

there is also another add-on on .to that allows you to use the AWD payware with the asobo (not been able to get it working though)

https://flightsim.to/file/43771/st-marteen-tcnm-enhancement-en-compatibility-mod-for-microsoft-tncm

11 hours ago, FrankSalo said:

If you prefer the AWD version, go in content manager and delete the Asobo Juliana TNCM.

where/how do you find the asobo TNCM in the content manager?

I was hovering round TNCM last night in the G2. I found it really immersive. Great to see loads of yachts/cruise ships etc as well. The hotels on approach seem really detailed and well modelled (though I haven't been in real life ... yet!). 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, chrisbmxr said:

I was hovering round TNCM last night in the G2. I found it really immersive. Great to see loads of yachts/cruise ships etc as well. The hotels on approach seem really detailed and well modelled (though I haven't been in real life ... yet!). 

Me and the wife have it planned for one of our 'big' birthdays.  It's expensive of course, but St. Maarten for a few days, then over to St. Barts on an island hopper, for that famous landing!  :biggrin:  I think it is only about a 12 minute journey in the sim with the BN-2 Islander.

You can fill up on all the scenery in the area now.  Just from fs.to there are great versions of St. Barts, grand Case as well.  Of course, we already have Saba as well.
A strange Point for me - In FSX, I could nail the landing at St. Barts almost every time in any suitable aircraft.  I find it really difficult in MSFS.  Too much bouncing for a start.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

are you using the addon that reduces the wingspan?

A majority of the airports Asobo releases now are made by Gaya. One way to tell is if there is Gaya logo on the ATC tower computer monitors. Also if the textures have baked in ambient occlusion/edge shadows.

No addon, just as the airport comes. I did uninstall the AWE version.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

2 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

No addon, just as the airport comes. I did uninstall the AWE version.

Lee

if you want to try the AWD version (which I have) do you need to remove/delete the asobo version or should they work together?

15 minutes ago, mac44 said:

if you want to try the AWD version (which I have) do you need to remove/delete the asobo version or should they work together?

You will get duplicate runway markings.

Bert

5 hours ago, mac44 said:

where/how do you find the asobo TNCM in the content manager?

Just search TNCM. Which one is asobo should be obvious 

31 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

You will get duplicate runway markings.

ok will uninstall one of them before trying  - out of interest which is the better one to keep ? (I know AWD comes with other airports but guess Asobo is the better TNCM)

1 hour ago, mac44 said:

ok will uninstall one of them before trying  - out of interest which is the better one to keep ? (I know AWD comes with other airports but guess Asobo is the better TNCM)

l like the AWD version better.  The hotels at the end of the runway are carefully modeled and add a lot to the feeling of "being there"..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

After thoroughly exploring both versions I'll def stay with the AWD version.

Actually forgot just how beautiful it is

• Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

l like the AWD version better.  The hotels at the end of the runway are carefully modeled and add a lot to the feeling of "being there"..

Yup, and the people really are always there on the beach (or so it seems).  I watched two young kids that were holding swim boards up against the fence get blown back 50 feet into the water.  The pay ware version makes it feel like I'm back there again.  🙂

LouP

• Like 2

I made that mod for compatibility between AWD TNCM and Microsoft TNCM https://flightsim.to/file/43771/st-marteen-tcnm-enhancement-en-compatibility-mod-for-microsoft-tncm

I did not put proper installation instructions because I rushed it, but I just updated the mod to add a bunch of thing and this time a readme with installation instructions

As I said nefore microsoft (GAYA) TNCM is much better than AWD in my opinion, I already compared both on MSFS forum

-First the grass, the grass texture is spot on in the latest release, in AWD it’s a weird irish green and the texture doest follow satellite imagery. GAYA is yellowish and it does follow the imperfection of the ground you see on satellite imagery instead of being a perfect green golf like AWD has done.

-Then asphalt texture, the asphalt texture is again, spot on, sharp, no blurryness at all, completely custum, the tiremark on the runway are not dark enough but miles better than AWD really, just open some satellite imagery you will be able to compare.

-The runway, the runway texture as I said is really close to real life, closer than AWD, the runway is also not totally flat, AWD is flatter than a pancake. But, in real life TNCM runway is actually curved and both fail to capture this curvature, I’m workin on a mod to correct that, It’s possible to « slopemod » GAYA TNCM but impossible with AWD, (I already tried both).

-The Jetway, AWD uses MSFS default jetway, obviously they looks nothing like that in real life, GAYA TNCM use custum jetway and they are spot on, again.

-Maho beach, maho beach is flat with AWD, zero relief but the beach is populated with animated people. GAYA is not populated but the beach looks more like a dune, closer to real life.

-Also the vegetation is better with GAYA, it involves custum palm trees that you would see at SXM. AWD msfs uses generic palm trees, they are too big and that type of palm trees cannot be seen in the Caribbean but in north Africa and in some middle est countries.

-Static aircraft, AWD uses custum statics aircraf, private jet, Winair Twin Otter, DHL C208, really great placement a great variety that represent the plane you would see at TNCM. GAYA use msfs default static aircraft, a bit of a désappointement, I will remove them and add AIG static aircraft instead in my mod.

-AWD comes with TNCM and TFFG, wich is an even more interresting airport than TNCM to me, it is located on the french part of the island, you’ll see Twin Otter, C208 grand caravan, pilatus PC12 and ATR on this airfield. Fun fact ATR has to use reverse before taking of in order to get more available runways distance for takeoff.

With this compatibility mod I could keep the beach people from AWD and add them to the GAYA enhanced version, but I dont know if AWD would be happy with that🧐

• Like 2