Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

TNCM St. Maarten with SU11

22 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

I also do not have the Asobo TNCM (or Kai Tak) in the Content Manager. Only the AWD payware. Checked both Installed and Not Installed. Something clearly amiss as it appears I am not the only one with this issue.

A quick visit to TNCM shows double markings so Asobo’s version is definite  installed but invisible in Content Manager. Any other ideas on how to find and delete it safely? On Steam

So in my case, the Asobo version of TNCM _did_ appear in my Content Manager as installed and I subsequently uninstalled it. When I load in at TNCM, I do not see double runway markings which leads me to believe that only the AWD version of TNCM is installed. However, I'm in the same boat as the others posters: The Asobo version of TNCM does _not_ appear in the list of content that is not installed in Content Manager. By comparison, the Asobo version of Billy Bishop airport (CYTZ) which I also removed in favour of a payware version *does* appear in the "Not Installed" list. So I would be able to reinstall CYTZ but not, it seems, TNCM.

So users beware: don't uninstall the Asobo version of TNCM unless you *really* don't want it because it would seem that only a reinstall of MSFS will get it back for you (unless I can find another way).

Yes, by deleting TNCM from the Content manager, I also discovered that is is removed permanently from MSFS. Even deleting the entire 40th anniversary entry and re-loading it did not recover the Microsoft TNCM in the OneStore folder. Not what I would expect.

Edited by Eclex

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

On 11/21/2022 at 1:40 PM, Bert Pieke said:

You will get duplicate runway markings.

I have the Airworthy Designs TNCM and don''t have duplicate runway markings. I also can't find the Asobo version in the content manager when I search for TNCM, only the Airworthy version show up. Is it possible that it detected I already had the AWD installed and didn't install the Asobo version? Odd.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

37 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I have the Airworthy Designs TNCM and don''t have duplicate runway markings. I also can't find the Asobo version in the content manager when I search for TNCM, only the Airworthy version show up. Is it possible that it detected I already had the AWD installed and didn't install the Asobo version? Odd.

I don't have double runways either and could never find TNCM to uninstall it. So I'm thinking it was never there(*except, it was listed in the files). I certainly hadn't looked for before all this.  

What I have is the AWD version, it's fine with me, so case is closed as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

After deleting the asobo version, it is no longer in the Content Manager for me either..

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

After deleting the asobo version, it is no longer in the Content Manager for me either..

But I didn't delete it.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I most definitely did not delete Asobo’s TNCM and it is not in the Content Manager. My problem is that I can see duplicate runway and taxiway markings and also duplicate windsocks. The one set of ground markings is lighter (more of a worn look) than the other but it does not look good.

Anyone know if it is safe to dig into the files and cut a scenery folder out of the official content? 
I put forward then that this is a bug. Asobo has left some “switch” out that places this airport (and Kai Tak) into the Content Manager. Or maybe it is a conflict with AWD that causes this. Would be interesting to see if those that don’t own AWD’s TNCM can see the airport in Content Manager and add/remove it without issue.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Otherwise I will use this mod for the time being, until Asobo hopefully fix it.

https://flightsim.to/file/43771/st-marteen-tcnm-enhancement-en-compatibility-mod-for-microsoft-tncm

A quick check on the official site, there is very little chatter about this issue, so either people are not noticing it or it is not affecting many.

Maybe once the current beta hotfix rolls out to everyone, this will be fixed.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

UPDATE (2022-11-24 @ 1610Z): This issue is now resolved and players should be able to install MSFS normally. We apologize for the inconvenience.

////////

Hello everyone,

We are aware of reports from some players experiencing an error when attempting to install MSFS on PC. The error states “You are missing packages that are essential to run Microsoft Flight Simulator. Please update the application and try again.”

We have escalated this to the appropriate support team, and they are currently investigating. We will provide more information when it is available. Thank you for your patience as we work to get this resolved.

MSFS Team

This fixed the airport TNCM inability to restore in content manager folder. All is well now.

Edited by Eclex
  • Like 3

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

I can confirm this appears fixed. Without doing anything, loaded up the sim and TNCM and also Kai Tak are now showing in the Content Manager.

• Like 1

GregH

I tried to merge AWDs version with the MSFS version with the help of @cyril972's mod. That mod works great visually but as soon as I start FSLTL to get AI aircraft, the sim CTD's. Other airports are fine though.

Even after removing the mod and removing the MSFS version of TNCM the sim still crashes as soon as AI aircraft appear. I'l try some combinations in order to determine what's the cause.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

57 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

I tried to merge AWDs version with the MSFS version with the help of @cyril972's mod. That mod works great visually but as soon as I start FSLTL to get AI aircraft, the sim CTD's. Other airports are fine though.

Even after removing the mod and removing the MSFS version of TNCM the sim still crashes as soon as AI aircraft appear. I'l try some combinations in order to determine what's the cause.

Some aircraft are conflicting with FSLT it seem like, when I load up the Carenado PC12 with FSLT I got CTD for some reason 2 out of 3time, but I did two flight with the Fenix A320 from KMIA and KCLT to TNCM with FSLT and no CTD at all.

So now the Fenix is fine with FSLT but it has not always be the case, it use to give me CTD every time with the initial release of FSLTL

4 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

Some aircraft are conflicting with FSLT it seem like, when I load up the Carenado PC12 with FSLT I got CTD for some reason 2 out of 3time, but I did two flight with the Fenix A320 from KMIA and KCLT to TNCM with FSLT and no CTD at all.

So now the Fenix is fine with FSLT but it has not always be the case, it use to give me CTD every time with the initial release of FSLTL

Same here.  I thought it was isolated to the Aerosoft Twin Otter but it just happened with the Asobo C208 this morning.

After it was mentioned that TNCM would now show in Content Manager, I looked for it. It was there! Knowing I had installed the AWD version the other day and backed up Microsoft's version elsewhere. I opened a flight for TNCM and I had Double markings on runway as mentioned by others. So now I can uninstall Micro's version and use the mod to use both versions and then re-install  the Micro version. 

This is what I will finish doing since I can now uninstall Micro's TNCM.

TO INSTALL IT: 

_ Copy your microsoft-aarport-tncm-princess-juliana from the Official/OneStore into a backup folder (it's location is a bit different for a Steam install).
_ Open MSFS and unistal MSFS TNCM from your content manager
_ Copy the microsoft-aarport-tncm-princess-juliana from the backup folder into your Community folder
_ Copy microsoft-aarport-tncm_COMPATIBILITY_folder you juste downloaded into your community folder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zzz_tncm_ENHANCEMENT_folder: this folder contain the enhencement mod, for microsoft TNCM airport

- It add dual PAPI light (forgoten by microsfot)
- Added parking code and correct gated and parking radius for correct AI plecement
- Added Cargo gate and parking for AI cargo aircraft and AI private jet, you can use them also
- Corrected behavior introduced with SU11 when AI plane veer of the runway after landing (some lanes still do weird stuff)
- Added accurate slope on the runway
- Added every holding point, AI planes could'nt take off from runway 10 before and was struck on the runway
- Prevent planes from landing at runway 28 (Twinn otter and BN2 do it at time in real life, but it's highly unlikely)
_ Added static privat jet aircraft (will work if you have AIG Netjet airline installed)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

TO INSTALL IT: 

_ Make sure microsoft TNCM airport is already installed, OR you already completed the previous installation of the compatibility mod
_ Simply copy zzz_tncm_ENHANCEMENT_folder to your community folder
_ Launch MSFS and enjoy

Mod worked as advertised. 

Edited by jimcarrel
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's