Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

Is there an expansion pack for it that some didn't download?
I didn't download any extra content yet, just the update itself and the performance is OK.

NM - My PR scenery isn't working yet because some servers are still having issues, that is probably why my performance is better than some.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

There is a free an enhanced addon for it in the marketplace. Same for the DC-3.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Yah, the Marketplace is still down for me.

Have you tried restarting?

Edited by Tuskin38

Just now, Alpine Scenery said:

Yes, many times...

check your options menu  > Data

The sim will sometimes disable all data options if it loses connection and you have to manually reenable them.

Yup, I just noticed that, had to turn everything back ON and now I will restart again.
Hopefully working now.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Fabio have streamed the A310 for 3.5 hours now. No stutters to see.

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I have no idea about the real life A310 (I'm not that old), but an educated guess would make me think it does not involve nearly as many calculations as the A320 and its systems (especially considering there are no failures for the A310 from what I gathered), so I don't find it acceptable that it has a worse performance than the Fenix. Most people that use AI traffic will already be at their playable limit with the Fenix.
Of course I'm not going to complain about getting a study level A310 for free, but still, I'd expect more from a developer that wants to play with the big boys. What's your experience with Inibuilds in that regard? I didn't use X-Plane, so I only know them from hearsay.

I've been using keyboard assignments to control exterior lights in the PMDG (F for taxi lights on/off and D for landing lights on/off, etc.) but these key bindings don't all seem to work with the A310?

D is assigned to "Toggle Landing Lights" and it's fine, F is assigned to "Toggle Taxi Lights" and the switch remains in OFF position.

I've also tried to assign F to "Taxi Lights On" and "Set Taxi Lights" but none of those three options seems to work.

I can only set taxi lights via mouse wheel or by clicking it...

Any hints?

Edited by Konterhalbe

did a very quick test and I like the plane on first impressions. EFB is nice too.  Performance is great, not sure why people are complaining.  I run @30FPS vsynch never a stutter and smooth as butter. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

3 minutes ago, wiler said:

Performance is great, not sure why people are complaining

Performance issues It might be caused by the enhancement pack in the marketplace, it has 4k textures.

It definitely modeled way better than their XP version. However the FPS, that is really not normal, it eats FPS like crazy!

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Not getting a particularly noticeable performance drop - and I'm on a mid-range machine.   I don't generally refer to the fps counter, but it feels smooth. On first impressions, I really like it.  Looks good, flies well.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

It definitely modeled way better than their XP version. However the FPS, that is really not normal, it eats FPS like crazy!

Did you install the enhancement pack from the Marketplace? That may have done it. It includes a bunch of 4k textures and such. If you did try uninstalling it.

Edited by Tuskin38