Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

32 minutes ago, Imaginary said:

Hi guys. Has anyone solved the problem with low FPS? The plane folder is empty, there is only "Work". 

No, it's something Asobo needs to fix on their side.

43 minutes ago, daztheman70 said:

Hi,

Has anyone had any issues with the nose wheel steering, mine is linked to my rudder axis and enabled via the EFB but the nose wheel will go right slightly first if I want to go left and vice versa hence why I just took off at Dublin and veered off the runway via some fields close by.

Any help advice would greatly appreciated.

Daz

Why are you manually linking your NWS to your rudder? Just disable separate NWS in the EFB and you can use the rudder as a NWS (without needing to link your NWS to the rudder manually).
Also you shouldn't be using the NWS (via tiller) on takeoff, rudder only.

I had a weird issue enroute from Düsseldorf to Sint Maarten: I've gained 200ft immediately, lost a lot of speed, Autopilot disconnected and the A310 has lost about 1000 or 2000ft.

FMC now thinks I've initiated descend on purpose and TACT MODE and PROG pages show "DES", despite I'm still at FL360 with a couple more hours to go on cruise.

Anyone know how I can get back the CRZ state instead of DES in the FMC?

Edited by Konterhalbe

7 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

I had a weird issue enroute from Düsseldorf to Sint Maarten: I've ganed 200ft immediatel, lost a lot of speed, Autopilot disconnected and the A310 has lost about 1000 or 2000ft.

FMC now thinks I've initiated descend on purpose and TACT MODE and PROG pages show "DES", despite I'm still at FL360 with a couple more hours to go on cruise.

Anyone know how I can get back the CRZ state instead of DES in the FMC?

Not precisely the same issue but close. I tried flying last night, got to 36,000ft set cruise power, left the computer for a couple minutes to do stuff, came back and the speed was decreasing, throttles were at near 100% trying to speed up but the speed just kept on dropping. The engines were turned on, they didn't turn off.

• Like 1

I was able to do a full flight this morning after doing a couple starts from C&D yesterday.  I really like this airplane!  A nice mix of old and new and a new challenge for sure!  Sounds are awesome, maybe some of the best I have heard in the sim. It feels heavy and really reacts nicely to the air turbulence....very convincing!  I recommend anyone coming from the other airliners to watch the iniBuild video series 'Return to Airliners'.  It is a nice 3 video series and will get you familiar with the 310 for those already familiar with the PMDG or Fenix..  I have to imagine many are jumping in and trying to fly it like a Boeing or Airbus...it's more of a mix between the 2 but MCDU will be familiar to those that fly the A320.  It is a FPS hog and I know there is a WASM compiler issue that might be causing it(??).  I was getting 35 fps at my test location and I am getting 45fps in both Fenix and PMDG in same comparison location.  I am not using the Enhanced package since I have no interest in the cabin.  I might try it to see if there is a performance hit and if it improves the VC textures.  Overall, very impressed with this and is fast becoming a favorite.  Would love to see a cargo variant!

• Like 4

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

I was able to do a full flight this morning after doing a couple starts from C&D yesterday.  I really like this airplane!  A nice mix of old and new and a new challenge for sure!  Sounds are awesome, maybe some of the best I have heard in the sim. It feels heavy and really reacts nicely to the air turbulence....very convincing!  I recommend anyone coming from the other airliners to watch the iniBuild video series 'Return to Airliners'.  It is a nice 3 video series and will get you familiar with the 310 for those already familiar with the PMDG or Fenix..  I have to imagine many are jumping in and trying to fly it like a Boeing or Airbus...it's more of a mix between the 2 but MCDU will be familiar to those that fly the A320.  It is a FPS hog and I know there is a WASM compiler issue that might be causing it(??).  I was getting 35 fps at my test location and I am getting 45fps in both Fenix and PMDG in same comparison location.  I am not using the Enhanced package since I have no interest in the cabin.  I might try it to see if there is a performance hit and if it improves the VC textures.  Overall, very impressed with this and is fast becoming a favorite.  Would love to see a cargo variant!

Same as you I have no interest in the cabin but the enhanced pack also GREATLY increases the textures in the cockpit making everything much sharper!

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Just finished my first flight with the A310, definitely my new favorite plane for MSFS! Quick 40 minute hop from Shannon to Glasgow, everything went smoothly. Autopilot performed flawlessly, aircraft systems perfect, even the weather radar proved useful. Strangely, I experienced no real FPS issues as others have been reporting. Managed to keep a steady 50 FPS throughout the flight.  

• Like 1

So after enduring 2 CTD's, which I discovered were because my navdata was 1 month old, I updated Navigraph data and was able to complete a flight.

I used to fly A320's a couple of years ago pretty regularly, and flew the PMDG 737-700 a few months ago, but I'm really still really rusty as to airliner ops compared to what I was a few years ago.  And of course there's the A310 which I've never ever flown before.  It felt like the A310 is a cross between a DC-10, and a dash of A320 if that makes sense.  I have a lot to learn even after watching the "return to airliners" youtube vid.  For example I forgot how after watching the vid/have never learned on this aircraft how to get it to intercept the ILS.  I remember in the vid he did something to allow for a manual entry of the VOR/ILS but I didn't get that done on the fly.  I hand-flew the approach and it really reminded me of DC-10 ops, even the heaviness of the airplane was similar.

Played around with the reversers on the Honeycomb Bravo throttle for about an hour.  After watching a few vids, using the EFB calibration tool, and using sim controls settings for about an hour and could not figure out how to set up reverse thrust.

The sounds are really neat.  For example if you do the TCAS test sequence, if you shift your position from the captains seat to the co-pilot's chair, the sound will emanate from your right to left, respectively...in other words the sound has a definite source location.   That's pretty cool.  I am not sure how loud an A310 is in the cockpit but I'll have to check to see if I have headphone simulation on.  Engine spool outside is almost as good as TSS DC-10 soundpack when throttling up the engines.  That's no insult.  The ini A310 sounds are very good in my opinion.

Anyway I have to say a couple of years ago (2017-18) I would have loved this thing but today I'm a little crossways with airliner flying it seems...I just seem to get more enjoyment out of something like the C414 or something like the M-346 or Hellcat.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

In all honesty, this A310 is...

Amazing for free, way better than I even expected.
It is easily one of the most interesting planes to fly in the game.

The GPS is a bit finnicky to capture the path (I had to basically align to the path myself before it would say GPS, but I assume because it's old school).

I don't think I had any issues doing an ILS landing though.

Overall, 5 stars, this could easily be worth $40 or more.

• Like 2

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

After the minor disaster i had yesterday with it trying to commit Hari Kari over the Atlantic, today was a far better experiance. I flew a nice trip from EGkk-LPFR, and hand flew the final. She flies great flying hands on, you get a great feeling of the size and weight of this aircraft, and definatlly now one of my favourites.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

4 hours ago, Imaginary said:

Hi guys. Has anyone solved the problem with low FPS? The plane folder is empty, there is only "Work". 

I didn't install the enhanced version and changed my sim to high end. Get like 40+ fps at airports 60fps in the air. Once they tune it abit better I'll bump it up again.

1 hour ago, james42 said:

Just finished my first flight with the A310, definitely my new favorite plane for MSFS! Quick 40 minute hop from Shannon to Glasgow, everything went smoothly. Autopilot performed flawlessly, aircraft systems perfect, even the weather radar proved useful. Strangely, I experienced no real FPS issues as others have been reporting. Managed to keep a steady 50 FPS throughout the flight.  

50 FPS is great.

Are you using the original A310 or did you download and install the inbuilds A310 Enhanced product?

Edit: Also, were you using Live Weather?

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW