Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

Gonna ground this one until they fix all the issues.

The random CTDs make it unflyable.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

The A310 doesn't support co-pilot AI changing the transponder, got to do that yourself. 

It also doesn't seem to support flight planning from the main menu? I would have thought that would have been requested by Asobo for the causal flyers. Guess not.

Poor X-Box players have to pop everything manually into the flight computer I guess. idk if simbrief works on x-box.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, james42 said:

Just finished my first flight with the A310, definitely my new favorite plane for MSFS! Quick 40 minute hop from Shannon to Glasgow, everything went smoothly. Autopilot performed flawlessly, aircraft systems perfect, even the weather radar proved useful. Strangely, I experienced no real FPS issues as others have been reporting. Managed to keep a steady 50 FPS throughout the flight.  

Weather Radar? It does not even have a Terrain Radar? How did you get that to work?

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

50 FPS is great.

Are you using the original A310 or did you download and install the inbuilds A310 Enhanced product?

Edit: Also, were you using Live Weather?

Im using the standard version. I figured the enhanced version with its 4k textures and pax cabin would indeed cause FPS issues. Especially if its not totally optimised yet. Yes, I'm using the default live weather.

52 minutes ago, a321 said:

Weather Radar? It does not even have a Terrain Radar? How did you get that to work?

It does have a functioning weather radar. On the lower pedestal, there's a panel that controles the weather radar. Set it to sys1 and you should start getting returns on your ND if there's any weather around. It's still not totally realistic but it does the job quite well. The terrain radar is currently inop I believe.

So my only attempt to fly A310 PAKT KSEA ended up in fiasco!

Simbrief profile downloaded from inbuilt forum recommended FL170? Why so low? I changed it to FL310 to see what will give. Toward the end of the climb around FL280 airplane went into odd frozen state! I can press all buttons but they don't function! I mean I tried to get FMC, autopilot to function but they stuck in previous function/page . VSI shows climb altimeter show descent .. All probs seems like heats up not sure what is wrong? My crew got hypoxic? LOL

Any way great aircraft but need a lot polishing!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Did Quebec to LaGuardia  today and the flight was flawless.  The AC respected constraints and lined up on the rnav for 31 nicely. Frames dropped to the high twenties on final but it was still workable. Hopefully when Asobo or Inibuilds release their fix the perf will be a little better. But wow im so happy to be able to actually have a decent rendition of a heavy to fly.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Simbrief profile downloaded from inbuilt forum recommended FL170? Why so low?

I think that's just an issue with SimBrief not the profile, I've also had the FBW A320 profile sometimes suggest 170 sometimes for some unknown reason.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I think that's just an issue with SimBrief not the profile, I've also had the FBW A320 profile sometimes suggest 170 sometimes for some unknown reason.

Yes could be true!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Simbrief profile downloaded from inbuilt forum recommended FL170? Why so low?

My guess is that your route used Victor airways, which are only available below FL180.

Edit:

I've looked at this in SimBrief, and the first route that it suggests for PAKT to KSEA is

DOOZI DWARF V311 ANN J502 YYJ MARNR7

This does indeed use a Victor airway, V311, so I'm guessing this is the route you used? I don't have the iniBuilds A310 profile, but if I use the default A310 profile, I get a cruise altitude of FL170, which is the highest altitude available on V311 for the direction of flight. After ANN, it gives me a step climb to FL350, so it's pretty obvious that the Victor airway is the reason for the initial FL170 restriction. This isn't actually so bad -- ANN is only 91 track miles from PAKT, and FL350 is available for the remainder of the flight.

However, it seems a bit strange that the suggested routing uses both a Victor airway and a jet route (J502). Maybe this is a local convention that people use on this route for some reason? (I haven't checked FlightAware to see what real-world flights do.)

The second route suggested by SimBrief seems more appropriate for a jet:

CETK6 ANN J502 YYJ MARNR7

This replaces the initial routing to ANN with a SID, and SimBrief gives me a cruise altitude of FL370 for this flight.

There's another difference: This second route would be appropriate for a departure from runway 11, while the first would be appropriate for a departure from runway 29 -- DOOZI is in fact the last waypoint on the SKOWL 2 SID. Maybe that route tries to essentially "hardcode" the SKOWL 2 SID? I don't know.

Edited by martinboehme
Added a detailed analysis

When the A333 comes out it'll be a tough decision to buy it because this plane is too much fun. I like the mix of Airbus and Boeing systems and it just reminds me of when I used to fly the LVL D 763 in FSX. I can pretty much do all my usual long haul routes using this aircraft it can stretch out to 10.5 hour flights which is my usual daily max.

IRS not real. It is fake. U r unable to enter coordinate manually by hands. Only automatic using origin\destination on the FMS. it is pitty

So thought I would check out some A310 liveries and you need to install the Inibulds Manager app to get them. To install the app, you need to register with your Inibuilds store credentials. I haven't bought anything from them in the past but this all seems like an oversight just to get some liveries for the A310 in MSFS. I don't need/want to create another store account for this additional content.

• Like 3

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

I do wonder how updates are going to work - Since the plane is now included by default in the sim. Will we have to wait for sim updates for any changes that Inbuilds may want to push out? I know anything you buy from the marketplace is different and they run their own update schedule but this is like the default 747-8 for example which IIRC don't get updated unless they do sim updates.

I expect the more major issue like the WASM/Encryption problem would be more of a Hotfix for all. 

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

6 hours ago, MikeH99 said:

When the A333 comes out it'll be a tough decision to buy it because this plane is too much fun. I like the mix of Airbus and Boeing systems and it just reminds me of when I used to fly the LVL D 763 in FSX. I can pretty much do all my usual long haul routes using this aircraft it can stretch out to 10.5 hour flights which is my usual daily max.

umm.. I w'd rather do my really long hauls with something dependable like PMDG 777/747 series.. 

lemme explain - for any real long hauler, few basic things are required which have been staple of pmdg since fs9 days.. we need accurate and comprehensive panel save states.. without that, forget about long hauls.. next we need intuitive sim acceleration like in pmdg.. then we need stuff like winds aloft import features so you can do accurate fuel planning.. finally some quality of life features like remote mcdu, efb to mcdu data transfer etc will be icing on the cake..

thats why i still lean on pmdg for my regular long hauls.. A310 can easily get there if these features are on their charter.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

I believe that being as popular and important for MFS as ir is, the A310 will suffer interim updates between SUs.

It's after all the "flag" of MFS regarding having a default complex studdy level aircraft.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...