Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

14 hours ago, Konterhalbe said:

Isn't fuel planning done by flight planning software like PFPX?

I do however agree with you that a 777 or 747 by PMDG is superior to the A310, but I've really enjoyed my yesterday's 9h LR flight to Sint Maarten.

What I miss most is the pause at top of descend feature of PMDGs airplanes. Without this, I need to carefully plan my arrival time and be at the PC again in time.

With the PMDG 747 in P3D, I could have easily departed in the evening, disconnect from VATSIM when going to bed and get up in the morning whenever I want and resume and reconnet to VATSIM at TOD for arrival.

Yes, fuel planning estimates are given in simbrief/PFPX.. importing winds aloft should give better fuel predictions in FMC i guess..

Its all those little features that make it great for long haul.. like the TOD pause you mentioned and many others.. 

A310 is great, so is FENIX.. but both are still new products and are not yet polished to the extent of PMDG who have been in this business for far too long.. They know how to optimize for fps, and what key features to offer and what to drop.. I also love the ground equipment etc that pmdg offers, which is great alternative just incase GSX bugs out in a particular flight.. 

Not to mention the other features like historical weather etc in P3d which dovetailed so well into pmdg's long haul experience.. 

I measure every airline with that pmdg benchmark.. FENIX and A310 do surpass pmdg in some areas like cabin modeling, textures, etc., but for serious long haul flights, pmdg is still the way to go.. you don't wanna get into a 14 hour flight and have a CTD after the 10th hour and lose everything.. with pmdg, its like money in the bank.. your flights are saved perfectly with full panel state recovery.. so waiting for their 777s and 747s..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

On 11/13/2022 at 1:03 PM, Luis Hernandez said:

I found three other issues, but I can live with them:
2) I can't find a way to map the yoke AP disconnect to a button or key. The default AP off turns the AP master and does nothing to silence the AP off alarm. I have to use the mouse to press the red button on the yoke.
3) Similarly, I can't map the external lights to my controllers.
4) Despite selecting the approach, I can´t see it into the ND.

I flew the A310 again, and these are my findings:
2) Yes, assigning AP OFF does the trick beautifully. Now I have to press it twice
3) No one of the assignments I tried worked. I'm sure there's another way, or there's something I'm doing wrong.
4) Yes, I was doing something wrong. If I'm not using a STAR but just an approach, I have to select NO STAR and then the INSERT option appears... and now I can see the approach in the EHSI.

I found another issue: I can't see the heading to a waypoint or the estimated fuel, just ETA and winds. But if the real plane has this issue, I will accept this. AFAIK the DC-3 does not have this information 😝

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Anyone knows about how to switch quickly from VOR 1 to VOR 2 during auto flight?

A310 Enhanced version installed

I am using weights in Pounds Sinbrief and A310 EFB.

I noticed the MCDU ZFW appears to be in KGs ?

Fuel is correct (LBS)

Anyone else seeing this?

spacer.png

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

On 11/14/2022 at 9:09 AM, Ricardo41 said:

The cabin in the A310 is next level good, but it basically Jack the Rippers your frame rates.

Good to see a well modeleld cabin become the standard via a default plane. 👍

There is always gonna be naysayers who apparently think pilots climb into the cockpit via the rope on the copilot's side. After all, there are still folks who bemoan the death
of 2d panels.😂

Have you considered reducing the textures to say 2K, I had a quick look and they appear to be 4K in the enhanced version. I have been lucky in that I would say performance is comparable to the Fenix. 

I just need to find some time to learn how to fly her,

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

@guenseli   Looks like you have taken down your fast alpha scripts from flightsim.to.. maybe you are uploading an update?

Thanks for working on the FCU knobs.. Can you also include the lights in your next update? I want to map them to my honeycomb alpha yoke light switches.

I got this list from the inibuilds support forum.. but have no clue how to convert these Lvars into an AAO script.. that stuff goes over my head.. 🙄

A310_BEACON_LIGHT_SWITCH          (0 = Off, 1 = On)
A310_LANDING_LIGHT_L_SWITCH     (0 = On, 2 = Off)
A310_LANDING_LIGHT_R_SWITCH     (0 = On, 2 = Off)
A310_TAXI_LIGHTS_SWITCH               (0 = T.O., 1 = Taxi, 2 = Off)
A310_RWY_TURNOFF_L_SWITCH       (0 = Off, 1 = On)
A310_RWY_TURNOFF_R_SWITCH       (0 = Off, 1 = On)
A310_NAV_LOGO_LIGHT_SWITCH      (0 = On, 2 = Off)
A310_POTENTIOMETER_24                (0 = Strobe On, 2 = Strobe Off)

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Just finished my second flight with the A310, again really enjoyed it. One thing I wish they could add would be some basic FO callouts for v-speeds etc. Its very helpful to have and also adds to the immersion .

Edited by james42
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, vin747 said:

PMDG who have been in this business for far too long..

Suggesting they get out of the business?

• Like 1

haha.. far too long in a good way.. can always lean on pmdg for reliable addons across many sims from fs9 days.. not a big fan of RSR's PR or their annoying "full name required, first and last" in almost every post they answer on their forums.. but their products are good for regular day to day simming..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

10 minutes ago, vin747 said:

haha.. far too long in a good way.. can always lean on pmdg for reliable addons across many sims from fs9 days.. not a big fan of RSR's PR or their annoying "full name required, first and last" in almost every post they answer on their forums.. but their products are good for regular day to day simming..

Exactly what I think about them.

Really hate PMDG for their marketing (pay 100 USD in 2019 for two 737 variants and pay 120 USD or so in 2022 for two variants but make ppl think they've made a cost effective deal and some more things i strongly disagree) but their products are still the ones that you mainly choose for flying for many reasons.

4 hours ago, vin747 said:

Looks like you have taken down your fast alpha scripts from flightsim.to..

Here they are still:

https://flightsim.to/file/43707/inibuilds-a310-aao-scripts-streamdeck-xl-profile-vrinsight-mcp-combo-template

Implemented lights and other stuff already for the next update. Will come the next days

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, vin747 said:

Yeah. I don't want to comment about anything on the internet and put my full name on it. I might need to get a job in a couple of years, and I don't want some company finding an off color comment I made about an airplane that would disqualify me. They're not gonna cancel me. No sir. (I think that's one that can get me into trouble right there).

I got kicked off of Facebook because I used completely bogus information to sign up. FB emailed me and said that I needed to provide all of my accurate personal information "for my safety". I replied back to then that I thought it was "safer" for me to publish bogus information instead of the real stuff. Nope. Gone. Meanwhile, my friend who did the same but used a borderline obscene name and a ridiculous birth date is still on FB to this day.  

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On 11/13/2022 at 1:39 PM, NovemberUniform said:

I'm a little worried it has no navigraph support. Simbrief is using navigraph AIRAC, isn't it? Isn't that about to create problems with mismatching navigation data, if you import Simbrief flightplans into the aircraft? And it's already showing. There are many posts on their discord with CTD or hanging systems when trying to import a flightplan.

Is there a safe way to avoid these conflicts? 

Seems my concern was not unfounded. They now advise to uninstall Navigraph data for the base sim "until the issue is addressed". 

• Like 1

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

16 minutes ago, NovemberUniform said:

Seems my concern was not unfounded. They now advise to uninstall Navigraph data for the base sim "until the issue is addressed". 

I was able to stop the CTD loading plan by updating my Navigraph airac to the latest.

Hopefully that will keep working for me, but I note your useful information 😁

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB