Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

On 11/22/2022 at 10:35 PM, Cpt_Piett said:

And I'm a bit exhilarated at the moment as I finally was able to nail down the RNAV approach in PROF mode. Wow that took a lot of attempts and a lot of practice. The trick was to slow down very early, be fully configured with gear down and landing flaps before FAP as well as select “FINAL 3.00” on the TO/APPR page in the MCDU. This last step is vital for "arming" the final approach mode. Clicking on the line select key (again, I'm probably mixing Airbus and Boeing terminology) next to "FINAL X.XX" will change it to "VDEV=X". MDA has to be entered before doing this though. 

As per the iniBuild's tutorials, the aircraft can fly different types of non-precision approaches, including VOR approaches either in "raw" VOR mode or an RNAV overlay mode. Common to all these approaches is the above procedure - fully configured before FAP. Also the autothrust logic is different than ILS approaches as autothrottle has to be deactivated on final approach. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a key bind for A/T off in MSFS. 

Thanks a lot for this description, looking forward to try an RNAV approach. Just one question: when you say a/t has to be deactivated in this type of approach, what is the issue if it isn't? Do throttles not retard?

Cheers

LPMA

3 hours ago, GentleGroove said:

Thanks a lot for this description, looking forward to try an RNAV approach. Just one question: when you say a/t has to be deactivated in this type of approach, what is the issue if it isn't? Do throttles not retard?

Cheers

The throttles will not reduce automatically at 30'....I just learned that lesson on my last flight trying first RNAV approach in the 310. Had to run brake fans after that floater....😄

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

16 hours ago, GentleGroove said:

Cheers

That’s right, if A/T is not turned off before landing I’m not able to bring the throttles to idle. With an ILS approach, I can leave A/T on and throttles will idle before touchdown.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just did an ILS approach into KDCA rwy 01 with gusts up to 29kts. This was apparently a bit too much for autoland.

8z2ZTR4.jpg

I'll post a link to the video when it's finished 😉

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

An update from iniBuild re: upcoming changes for the A310: Aircraft Development Update: A310 plans, P-40F release info & future roadmap! - iniBuilds Announcements - iniBuilds Forum

We are glad to see so many of you enjoying this product and the fixes we have made that are currently available in the Microsoft Flight Simulator Beta Update 1.29.30.

A few of you have asked if they can get an updated product, without opting into the beta - sadly this is not possible.

As mentioned before, we will continue to make bug fixes and improvements to this product. To give you a flavour of some of the things the team are working on, these include and are not limited to:

- Lights rework for taxi and nav lights
- In-sim ATC comms working correctly 
- Bug reports 
- Performance optimisation where we can!
- Sounds review

Those in the latest beta, confirm an improvement in FPS, however, having said that, we will continue to optimize this product, along with fixing as many bugs as we can, and providing more refined functionality! Thank you for your patience with us on this.

We would once again, like to thank Microsoft & Asobo, for providing the community this product for free, and we are humbled to see so many of you enjoy this product! 

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to pick correct cost index? I have noticed if I pick a wrong one I either underspeed or overspeed in cruise 😞

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I recall reading that 55-75 will get you in the .78-.80 range.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Does anyone know how to pick correct cost index? I have noticed if I pick a wrong one I either underspeed or overspeed in cruise 😞

I've used 30 and 40 without getting into speed problems. 

• Upvote 1

I've a couple of times learned how to fly this beauty by having a checklist and tutorial videos, but I seem not to be able to start the engines.. 😞

Petteri

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

11 minutes ago, petepawn said:

I've a couple of times learned how to fly this beauty by having a checklist and tutorial videos, but I seem not to be able to start the engines.. 😞

Petteri

Make sure APU on and APU bleed on.

Select either A or B on ENG START KNOB. Start either 1 or 2 and introduce fuel round 20% N2. Easy.

7 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Just stick .80 in the TACT MODE. The inibuilds tutorial says 40 is usual CI

35 minutes ago, motishow said:

Is ILS working on this plane? in my case when it catch the ILS signal it doesn't descend

I've had issues with it. Coming into KABQ it didn't capture the localizer. Other times it has not captured the glideslope. Yesterday coming into KDCA everything went right - except the crosswind was way too strong for an autoland. Pilot error. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, motishow said:

Is ILS working on this plane? in my case when it catch the ILS signal it doesn't descend

Were you in ILS mode (nav panel up on the glareshield by the flight director switch)?  And was the ILS freq and course are selected in the center console?  Approach entered into the FMC?  With the above I've had it catch the ILS every time...so far.  But I'll keep an eye out for it missing.  I don't know what the limitations are for intercept, in terms of degrees off...if you are getting vectored in to final by ATC that could come into play.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB