Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

It's turning into 1st ex-aequo with the Fenix 🙂

Yesterday I was able to test a crosswind landing at LPPT 02, manually setting Stormy weather, and I was amazed by how very good the autolannd was. 

I cheat a LOT and use the auto-checklists 😉  It's too much for me to go through in the available simming time...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Although it didn’t descend past the constraints, it was hard to tell what it would do as the constraints didn’t show on the PFD - only the final altitude of 3800’.

Did you press the CSTR button on the MCP? For me, they pop up on the PFD if you press it.. 😉

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

Did you press the CSTR button on the MCP? For me, they pop up on the PFD if you press it.. 😉

I did. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just did a flight in the Fenix from YVR to SFO. I do appreciate the more modern systems - the aircraft basically handles most things for you. Managed descent is a breeze. Did an RNAV into 28L and the aircraft handled the descent on the STAR and the APPR in managed mode, no issues. 

The A310 is more of a handful, especially on non-precision approaches. The criteria for doing RNAV approaches are fairly complex compared to the A320. Currently flying SFO to YVR and planning on an RNAV Z 08L. 

It's a fairly complex aircraft but also fun. A screenshot from the current trip, overflying Mt Shasta. 

waC9FJK.jpg

I made a full flight video a few days ago - CYYZ to KMDW - with RNAV Y 22L. The workload was quite high on the approach, especially planning to be fully configured before the FAP 2.7nm from the runway and the low platform altitude of 1500ft. 

And btw this video by 320 Sim Pilot is very good for showing the key differences between the A310 and the A320. He's doing a flight from EGKK to EGCC. He also made a video in X-Plane showing the cockpit preparation up to the engine start. But iniBuild have got excellent tutorials too. 

One more thing - I find I usually get very low on fuel at the destination when using the Simbrief A310 profile for planning. Currently got 1200lbs before the approach into CYVR and an EFOB of 0.2. Anyone else getting this?

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

And btw this video by 320 Sim Pilot is very good for showing the key differences between the A310 and the A320. He's doing a flight from EGKK to EGCC. He also made a video in X-Plane showing the cockpit preparation up to the engine start. But iniBuild have got excellent tutorials too. 

320 Sim Pilot was the one who spoke about the real A310 not respecting altitude constraints in a climb.  He seems to know the differences quite well, but I think he's only type-rated on the A319/320/321.

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

One more thing - I find I usually get very low on fuel at the destination when using the Simbrief A310 profile for planning. Currently got 1200lbs before the approach into CYVR and an EFOB of 0.2. Anyone else getting this?

I don't use Simbrief.  I use a profile that I downloaded from LittleNavMap's archive.  It seems to be fairly accurate.  I usually throw a little more in the tanks if I don't trust it.  I have Littlenavmap set to pull NOAA upper-air wind data. 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Had FMS go blank on captains side and FO side freeze last night and plane crash after deleting next waypint in FMS. Put in bug report.

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I found the same thing and have gotten into the habit of taking extra fuel beyond what Simbrief says I need.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

I found the same thing and have gotten into the habit of taking extra fuel beyond what Simbrief says I need.

Add +2 or +3 to the fuel factor drop down in the simbrief profile.

• Like 1

Eric 

With the latest update, performance of the A310 is a lot better on my system now.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Did a YSSY ZSPD flight 10ish hours. Simbrief said I'd land with 4.1T but ended up with under 3T pretty good estimation.

On 11/27/2022 at 8:56 PM, bigifooti said:

I'm not sure if i understand you correctly but isn't this due to the technology age difference between A320 and A310's.

A flight in the A320 can almost completely be programmed, whereas in the A310 the Autopilot is to assist the pilot in flying. 

What I mean is mainly the technological difference, but not only that. The cockpit textures, the handling of the dials and knobs, the fonts contribute to the "primitive" feeling of the A310. In contrast, the A320 feels modern, both as a simulation and as a plane.

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

I am still unable to download the flight plan from simbrief, I think they correct this behaviour in the hotfix but nothing change.

The only change is it is not stuck on the "pending" message but it does not download anything either. It is still a general issue or is it something on my end ?

29 minutes ago, Bushido5 said:

I am still unable to download the flight plan from simbrief, I think they correct this behaviour in the hotfix but nothing change.

The only change is it is not stuck on the "pending" message but it does not download anything either. It is still a general issue or is it something on my end ?

See here: https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/9203-why-is-the-inimanager-a310-simbrief-flight-plan-export-option-not-working/

With the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator Beta Beta Programme update for the A310 (sim version 1.29.30), there has been a change to where flightplan files are placed. We will be updating the iniManager very soon to resolve this issue.

For the time being, SimBrief flight plan files can be placed manually into:

Steam:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300\work\flightplans 

MS Store:

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300\work\flightplans

If you had the neverending "pending" issue before (I did, too) you will still not be able to import your Simbrief flight using that menu. What DOES work, is to download the flightplan using Simbrief Downloader or iniManager into the above mentioned folder. Then enter the TO/FROM airports on the INIT page and it will recognise the flightplan.

• Like 1

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?