Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

iniBuilds A310 first impressions

For a first release on a new platform it understandably won't be as polished/stable as their XP version, but given their multiple statements about how it's got equal or better flight dynamics and systems compared to their XP version, it'll get there soon enough with updates. They're also saying on discord their main focus will be to update and fix bugs going forward, assuming they'll keep pushing fixes out to the marketplace, although not sure if we'll only be able to get these fixes via MSFS SU or hotfix updates.

Given what they said in https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/5112-inibuilds-development-update-partnership-with-microsoft-flight-simulator/ about the FMS being re-written from the ground up, assuming we'll have to go thru some initial rounds of bugs and fixes in that area.

"The FMS (flight management system) which is an essential component for the navigation of the aircraft, has been completely re-written from the ground up allowing for more realistic operations on day-day flying, along with new features not previously seen on iniBuilds products. The FMS will allow for full lateral and vertical guidance modes including RNAV approaches and overlay NDB VOR approaches. We will provide a comprehensive training guide on these, and how they can be used. Please note this is not a modern Airbus so there are some quirks and they have been fully reflected in the aircraft to provide a great deal of immersion, and these will all be explained in our training series!"

The newly designed EFB also looks great, and its dealing with the WASM code framework in some areas, so obviously Asobo must've added missing features in the WASM layer in SU11, since it can do simbrief integration (assuming PMDG will also make use of these changes).

Edited by lwt1971
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

The 310 release is a major disappointment for me in terms of both performance and general completeness. When you first jump in you are deafened by the sounds, if anyone has a realistic sound settings they could share that would be great. I really hope ini improve the aircraft in the coming days, as its current state is just disappointing to say the least.

V1-Simulations' first look

End thoughts at timestamp 2:49:19: "How does she fly compared to X-Plane?, honestly it's very similar, it feels good, I can feel the inertia, I can feel the mass..."

'737NG Driver' also felt the inertia felt right during his stream.

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

Runs like a potato though, needs patching fast.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

4 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Was wondering when you would show up.. 🤣

Like an itchy bad rash 😂

• Like 1

Well tbh i'm not having any of the issues described. FPS is good, Sounds are fine. Now admittedly i did a fresh install yesterday before SU11 dropped. I have DLSS Quality running and Terrain LOD set to 100.  

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

For me the FPS are good and normal apparently, not measured with the PMDGMETER, I love the aircraft, but I am having CTDs with it, not with the helicopters and the H4 after a pair of hours nor this days before and many many hours with SU10. I have it in VR and some seconds or a pair of minutes after, CTD, maybe touching or programming the FMC or not, I had first the normal textures, and then the 4K, and I had 4 or 5 CTDs in a row. Great aircraft, hope they solve the bugs, sure.

I had 13-15fps when I landed at CYVR.

Apparently based on comments on the Discord, the WASM isn't compiling which could be causing the CPU FPS issues. It's working on the dev's end, so something happened between them and release.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

They are identified the issue, somewhat it doesn't compile probably and it causes the FPS issues. They are debugging it now as it is not an easy thing to replicate (it doesn't happen to everyone apparently)

Yes this appears to be the issue.  You can easily check by opening the wasm debug window in developer mode.  If it’s not showing a DLL link file path then it’s compiling just-in-time causing low fps.  You can also verify by checking your appdata/roaming/packages folder.  If you only see the “work” sub folder in the a310 folder and no files this also means nothing has compiled correctly.  Another really big clue is that the aircraft loaded relatively fast compared to other third party aircraft upon first load after installation.  It should normally take at least a few minutes for wasm compilation, but if not, something didn’t work right.

Edited by Gilandred
  • Like 3

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

6 hours ago, polosim said:

IniBuilds product a FPS Killer.. hmmmm…. Shocking 😉

that's why it's free😁😂 

13 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I had 13-15fps when I landed at CYVR.

Apparently based on comments on the Discord, the WASM isn't compiling which could be causing the CPU FPS issues. It's working on the dev's end, so something happened between them and release.

That would explain why the aircraft loaded so quick on first run then. I expected it to take 15+ minutes to load, but it loaded in about 10 to 20 seconds.

Only complaint I have is the FPS as well. Haven't experienced any other troubles than that. 

First Inibuild product i've used, and I'm impressed so far.

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

For those who're able to get on discord, they have a channel called #msfs-community-support in which there's a section on the FPS issue being discussed: https://discord.com/channels/535246634448191499/1039869812035305532/threads/1040680517688889414 ... basically sounding like in some situations the initial WASM compilation on first startup is not being triggered/done properly, or the compilation is being done in "debug" mode which results in slower code (and could break other functionality too). They say they've identified the issue and will work with MS to get a fix/solution out. Basically for something like the PMDG 737, there is that initial few minutes where a proper WASM compilation occurs, and for those with FPS issues it's not happening (if the aircraft loaded quickly on your first run/use then you probably have the FPS issue, if it took look longer like the PMDG after a sim update, then you likely don't have the issue)

dadriel — Today at 12:37
I see the same thing. the 310 is about 35FPS while the fenix is around 40FPS and the PMDG 737 around 55 with the same settings
that is also without the enhanced cabin
Josh  — Today at 12:40
Are you able to try with a clean community folder? In my personal experience, it's performed on par with the PMDG and better than the Fenix

Josh  — Today at 14:24
Thanks all, I've got these logged we'll do some digging

MJ  — Today at 14:57
We have done many long haul tests and this is not the case
I think its something else going on - we have noted it and will be looked into

MJ — Today at 15:01
we have lots of data - this will be worked on as a priority concern

DM — Today at 16:50
under options in your top developer bar do you have "fast wasm compilation" ticked ?

DM — Today at 16:54
hmm anyone who has it enabled can they do me a favour and go under options -> Display WASM Debug Window and select the A310 under modules ?

DM — Today at 16:59
thanks! could you check that Display WASM debug window and select the inibuilds a310 module ?

DM — Today at 17:08
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300
can you clear the files in this folder apart from the work folder ? 🙂
that will rebuild the code after a restart 😄

DM — Today at 17:11
hmm maybe yes just restart the sim and see if it generates files without fast wasm ticked...

gvert — Today at 17:16
Yup, first PMDG load after an Update, roughly 10-15 mins.

A310 was there after about 90 secs
DM — Today at 17:16
that might be the issue...

DM — Today at 17:35
Yeah sadly through Microsoft but first I need to find out why your code is in Debug and not Release because that's the cause of the bad fps
for me between debug and release there is 30 fps difference

DM — Today at 17:37
yeah and it says as well it causes performance issues so at least we "found" the issue...

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len

I removed all of my Community folder add-ins launched just the A310. Getting ~40 FPS on 3440x1440 High+some Ultra at VHHX on the runway seems aight?

10600K, 32 GB RAM, RX 6700 XT

Did not install the enhancement pack, is it just textures? It would be nice if they wrote somewhere what it actually does!

Edited by level7

6 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Textures shouldn't cause it by itself, I think these guys always fail to decimate their cylindrical renderings enough, hopefully they will fix it.
The passenger seats, windshield, and the outer parts of the plane likely have too many polygons.

However, you have to give them credit for one thing, the cockpit and interior look very good (too good).

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.